Quantcast
2019 Alberta Provincial Election - Who are you voting for? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for: 2019 Provincial election

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • United Conservatives

88 67.69%
  • NDP

18 13.85%
  • Alberta Party

15 11.54%
  • Liberals

0 0%
  • Not voting

9 6.92%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Alberta Provincial Election - Who are you voting for?

There isn't enough clairty with any party to make this decision yet. I don't blindly vote for a party, which you are essentially doing if you already know your vote.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The far christian right needs to disappear (UCP) into the dust bins of history - what we, and Canada needs, are moderate political parties that are middle of the road, boring, unexciting and get the job done without theatre.

I voted for Ab party here, but as mentioned above, they arent exactly a solid choice for the moment.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Really doesn't matter.

Unless Kenney or 1/2 of UCP candidate got some #metoo moments, UCP got it. Alberta is here to earn votes from people like me and split the NDP, just make UCP's job much easier. And UCP signifies that we are turning ourselves in US in the way we deal with politics and eventually end up with extremes.

I will hold my nose and pitty vote NDP this time because while they have not done everything I like and lots of fumbles being noobs, I want to see what they can do to debt under control and give them a chance. I don't mind losing a few $ to keep the Wildrose (I meant UCP) out of it. You really can't get anything done in 4 years, especially 4 years of shittiest economy ever.

And Notley has earned my respect so far and willing to go against her party on a lot of extreme NDP doctrines and her performance last few weeks against BC.

Our biggest problem right now IMO is the snowflake of a PM. Got no balls to step on BC for screwing with the federation.

The world is lowering taxes to go against US and we will see businesses leaving Canada the next decade if we don't address that head on.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think it’s funny how people are throwing UCP under the bus on social issues before the party has even set its official policies.

Overall, Kenney behaved himself on the social front during the leadership race and amalgamation. I’m willing to see what the party actually puts on paper for its policies.

Not like most social policies that people get their jock in a knot over are provincial jurisdiction anyways...

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think it’s funny how people are throwing UCP under the bus on social issues before the party has even set its official policies.

Overall, Kenney behaved himself on the social front during the leadership race and amalgamation. I’m willing to see what the party actually puts on paper for its policies.

Not like most social policies that people get their jock in a knot over are provincial jurisdiction anyways...

Kenny is a terrible radical human. A tiger cant get rid of his stripes.

There is only one party that has a chance in hell of bringing back investor confidence and private corporate money. That's the only thing I care about.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    There is only one party that has a chance in hell of bringing back investor confidence and private corporate money. That's the only thing I care about.
    Really? Which party is going to bring oil prices above 80 bucks long term?

We need a party that can navigate the province through the transition to the new reality. Oil will never be the golden ticket it used to be. Now that might be the same party you're referring to, we will see when we get closer to election time.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 02-24-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Kenny is a terrible radical human. A tiger cant get rid of his stripes.
    We kinda agree on that (Trudeau is also a terrible radical human destroying this country), and I think Notley is smart and a half decent leader. I think the provincial NDP are doing far less damage to Alberta than the Federal Liberals are, and I could tolerate another term of Notley easier than I could tolerate another term of Trudeau.

However, I hate the NDP and what they stand for. I hate them almost as much as I hate unions and snowflakes who need safe spaces and get upset when people use 'incentive hate speech' like 'mankind'. Alberta NDP are barely tolerable and are more like BC liberals only because its the maximum left wing derp Alberta will allow before there are riots in the street.

When Brian Jean was my option my voting decision was already made up. Now i'm a little more on the fence because of Kenny, but that's still likely my vote baring some full retardation from him or his party because while I dont like him, his party is more aligned with my views.

downpore
    Hipocrites
    Downpour and hypocrites, shithead.

My Ride
    Bicycle

We will see, but so far it's not looking good. The problem for Kenney is that he cannot be moderate or Jean will just start up Wildrose 2. And let's not kid ourselves, he was never a moderate anyway or he would run for Federal PC leadership instead.

He will pull a Harper, STFU on social policy until elected.

My Ride
    Silverado

Just to be clear, the PCs were voted out for squandering money, and it led to the party being destroyed. They are gone.

You should be able to change your vote in polls like this, today may be one party, next year could be something different

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    He will pull a Harper, STFU on social policy until elected.
    that's the best case scenario, I hope you are correct.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
    Really? Which party is going to bring oil prices above 80 bucks long term?

We need a party that can navigate the province through the transition to the new reality. Oil will never be the golden ticket it used to be. Now that might be the same party you're referring to, we will see when we get closer to election time.
    Was going to say. People forget NDP, UCP, Alberta party are just static in what determines Alberta’s economic prosperity or lack thereof.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'll call it here first, UCP minority government, but not by much. Just like BC, but Alberta Party being.....

https://youtu.be/MYtjpIwamos?t=9
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-24-2018 at 08:28 PM.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I didn't vote NDP last time because Greg Clark ran in my riding. I might vote NDP next time if Greg Clark doesn't run again. Notley while not perfect, hasn't been as bad for Alberta as I think Kenney and the UCP are trying to make her out to be. I thought she has handled the pipeline situation relatively well. We'll see what the next year brings.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Silverado

Jesus how are you all ok with the insane amount of debt

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Notley increased my taxes and created a carbon tax scheme that takes from me and rebates my neighbour and subsidizes his pollution. Meanwhile, here I am carpooling to work, shutting off the pilot on my fireplace, dropping my thermostat setpoint... where's my cheque?

And yah, the public debt that that NDP is creating is nuts. I also believe that the NDP pushed us into 'net debt' territory. PC's were shit too. I get a kick outta Gestalt tho... slamming the PC's for 40 years of shit and then saying that he's going to vote for the AB Party - that's where all the PC's are!

#MakeAlbertaDebtFreeAgain

Like I said, no way I'm voting for NDP or AB Party.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Notley increased my taxes and created a carbon tax scheme that takes from me and rebates my neighbour and subsidizes his pollution. Meanwhile, here I am carpooling to work, shutting off the pilot on my fireplace, dropping my thermostat setpoint... where's my cheque?

And yah, the public debt that that NDP is creating is nuts. I also believe that the NDP pushed us into 'net debt' territory. PC's were shit too. I get a kick outta Gestalt tho... slamming the PC's for 40 years of shit and then saying that he's going to vote for the AB Party - that's where all the PC's are!

#MakeAlbertaDebtFreeAgain

Like I said, no way I'm voting for NDP or AB Party.
    My taxes stayed the same, and we havent noticed the carbon tax. at al.

If the previous Kenny like government didn't steal $40 billion from the heritage fund, we'd be in a better spot. But thing are looking great. debt is only an issue if you cant pay it back. and at these rates, borrowing is good. far better than strangling the economy with save during a downpour lunatics.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Jesus how are you all ok with the insane amount of debt
    Because I'm sick of being the responsible one and bail people out. Let's live it up and get bailed out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast