Quantcast
Long term parking at YYC - Options? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Long term parking at YYC - Options?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Long term parking at YYC - Options?

Hello Beyond,

Normally when we leave a vehicle at the airport for more than 24 hours we simply use the uncovered outdoor lot to the North of the terminal. I'm wondering what other options (Park & Jet???) there are and what your experiences have been. What's your go-to strategy when you have to leave your car there for a week?

TIA
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I’ve had good experience with Park2Go (AMA discount is nice), as well as having a warm vehicle when you come back is sweet.

Park2go always. Never a bad experience. Did have a little bit of a rodeo one time when i had a cancelled flight but thats because they parked the vehicle and didn't enter it into the system yet. 100% not the places fault. Other than that its cost effective and simple.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The yyc website has a calculator to show the costs of the airport operated parking lots. The economy lot is close to same price as those off-airport lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The yyc website has a calculator to show the costs of the airport operated parking lots. The economy lot is close to same price as those off-airport lots.
    ya but shuttle, warm car...deal breaker

I travel regularly and always use the economy lot. I've never had an issue finding a decent spot and it's fairly convenient. It can be a bit of a hike if you're in the international terminal though. A colleague uses Park & Jet; it's priced similarly and there's a shuttle instead of having to walk.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Economy Lot. No need to wait for shuttles and such. decently close to the terminal. Works out to be about the same as parking services.

Anything less than a week or heavy snowfall predicted, I usually park in long term covered parking.

My Ride
    V8s

I travel a shitload for work. Always park in P1 or P2. Ain't cheap (all good, cause I don't pay for it), but it's convenient.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Only used it a couple of time, but Park2Go both times. If you are gone for any longer than a week, it's cheaper to just taxi to the airport. When I travel for work I just taxi, the one time there was a storm and the taxi didn't show up, I drove and parked right across the terminal with a covered roof, was like $160 or something for the week. Costco has Park2Go gift cards you can buy, think it's like $100 worth for $70 or something.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Only used it a couple of time, but Park2Go both times. If you are gone for any longer than a week, it's cheaper to just taxi to the airport. When I travel for work I just taxi, the one time there was a storm and the taxi didn't show up, I drove and parked right across the terminal with a covered roof, was like $160 or something for the week. Costco has Park2Go gift cards you can buy, think it's like $100 worth for $70 or something.
    Thanks for the tip on Costco, we'll have to check that out! Taxi isn't an option for us really, last time we made that run it was ~$60 each way.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I’ve had good experience with Park2Go (AMA discount is nice), as well as having a warm vehicle when you come back is sweet.
    We've used this twice. First time was great, and economical.

2nd time, they didn't notice the tire had popped/leaked while on their lot, and I ended up destroying the tire trying to drive out of there. Normally I'd feel it, but with a recent snow and massive bumps everywhere I wasn't able to until it was too late.

Besides that, it was somewhere around $170 or so, and it would have been cheaper just to take a cab both ways.

Aren't the airport lots (not the Park n Fly, but the actual airport parkades) poorly patrolled and some of the worst lots for theft? That's what I always heard.

We just do a calculation if nobody can give us a ride. If Park N Fly is cheaper than 2 cabs/ubers, we do that. If it's not, we cab/uber. If it's winter or hail season, I would also never leave a car I cared about in an outdoor lot for 1-2 weeks.

Park N Fly is OK but the shuttles can be brutal. I'd just get a family member or friend to pick yo up and drop you off and buy them dinner or get them a gift.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

If your near a car2go zone its way cheaper to take a car2go there and drop it off then either take one back or uber back. Chinook to airport is like ~20$ with the airport parking fee.

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    If your near a car2go zone its way cheaper to take a car2go there and drop it off then either take one back or uber back. Chinook to airport is like ~20$ with the airport parking fee.
    +1 for this strategy. I typically Car2Go there and eat the cost of a cab back. Still cheaper than parking.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

With car2go depands how much crap you have to take with you.... we would never fit everything in that car...

We use Park2Go. I love it.

Anyone ever try that new place? Skyview Parking I think it's called, the ad pops up on my fb once in a while, $7.95/day.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Hello Beyond,

Normally when we leave a vehicle at the airport for more than 24 hours we simply use the uncovered outdoor lot to the North of the terminal. I'm wondering what other options (Park & Jet???) there are and what your experiences have been. What's your go-to strategy when you have to leave your car there for a week?

TIA
    Uber XL , heck I use it because I like the leg room! Door to door for 45$ (deer run). So much less hassle than waiting at the airport with kids and luggage for a shuttle bus.