Quantcast
Pressure Washers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pressure Washers

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there such thing as getting one that's too powerful? I want to get one to clean the cement patio and side of house (the crab apple tree at the new house is such a PITA), but I'm worry about getting the paint off the stucco ( is this possible) if I get one that's too powerful.
    You can turn down the pressure on all the gas ones I've seen/used.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You can turn down the pressure on all the gas ones I've seen/used.
    And if you can’t just stand further back!

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Too MUCH power?!?!

Name:  1A3627DF-71E9-46F1-A910-B1B12D1745CD.jpeg
Views: 478
Size:  20.6 KB

Bit of a tangent but I thought about this today. I live in an area that has extremely poor flow. With the tap fully open my crappy simoniz electric pressure washer will cavitate slightly every few seconds. I was able to completely solve this by buying one of those x-hoses -> the ‘as seen on tv’ hoses that expand and contract when you turn the water on or off. The natural contraction of the hose keeps a constant pressure/flow coming out. It doesn’t contract so much it recoils or anything like that, at least as far as I’ve seen, I haven’t run my washer full out for 20+ mins or anything like that though.

Try to find something with an Axial or Triplex type pump.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I picked up a 3000psi gas pressure washer from Princess Auto. It works awesome and is more powerful then most car washes I’ve gone to. The downside is my neighbors are going to hate me, it’s loud. I’ll have to try and figure out how to make it quieter.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have a Ryobi one with a Honda motor I bought a few years ago at home depot and hate it so stay away if you see that. My big problem is with the motor (Honda) so maybe just stay away from them. It stalls all the time and runs horrible and that was from day one. I talked to someone else that had one and said the same thing. I have been too lazy to replace. lol

If you were in Calgary I'd pick that Ryobi off you.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    I have a Ryobi one with a Honda motor I bought a few years ago at home depot and hate it so stay away if you see that. My big problem is with the motor (Honda) so maybe just stay away from them. It stalls all the time and runs horrible and that was from day one. I talked to someone else that had one and said the same thing. I have been too lazy to replace. lol
    If you ever buy anything with a Honda motor, find one with a GX engine vs the GC. Much better build quality. At least they used to be.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Don't replace it. The carbs on ALL of those small displacement motors are very poorly constructed. I bought a gas one that was brand new off of a guy on Kijiji because he could get it running right and it wouldn't idle. Brand new. Take the carb off, carefully, disassemble it, get some tip cleaners (welding supply), and some good carb cleaner, and clean the whole thing out. They're typically not jetted properly for altitude either. Regardless, any microscopic obstruction in any of the ports causes problems. Reassemble and be amazed that it will start second pull and run and idle fine. Then make sure you always keep it clean. I keep seafoam (or any other stabilizer) in the tank and let it keep working all year round.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

We run the Karcher professional electric pressure washers. They are quiet and put out more power than the ones at the car washes. If you have the $$$ I'd go that route.

My Ride
    V167

My walk ways + driveway are covered in green moss. Looks like a very thorough washing will be necessary at least 1-2 times per year depending on how much it rains.

I have experience with gas washers, none with electric. I would like to stay with gas, 3k+ psi.

Any suggestions for a solid pressure washer? I am eyeing that Ryobi one w/Honda Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    They're typically not jetted properly for altitude either.
    Since this old post got bumped anyways...I'm wondering if someone can clarify what this means and how you would "jet it" for the right altitude? I have a GCV160 motor and manually cleaned the carb perfectly. It's still been difficult to start on a cold day without taking off the air filter and also idles funny/stalls until it warms up.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I bought this one when it was on sale, I think I paid under $400:

https://www.princessauto.com/en/23-g...t/PA0008293714

Works great, starts immediately, noisy as suspected. I did replace the hose as the one that came with it was trash.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by nobb View Post
    Since this old post got bumped anyways...I'm wondering if someone can clarify what this means and how you would "jet it" for the right altitude? I have a GCV160 motor and manually cleaned the carb perfectly. It's still been difficult to start on a cold day without taking off the air filter and also idles funny/stalls until it warms up.
    I'm guessing your "cleaned perfectly" isn't as good as you think it is, and I'd redo it again. Because these engines are so small, the jets are tiny, and ANY little bit of debris will cause a huge change in flow, so its most likely there is still some obstruction. You need to take it apart, go at it with some torch tip cleaners and ALOT of solvent. Also run stablizer in it in the winter, and I run seafoam in my gas all the time to keep things from gumming up. Again, any small miniscule amount of buildup will cause the fuel delivery to be off. By doing it right and keeping it cleaned up my Chonda 160 still starts and runs like a top after 3 years, so I'm positive your real one would be just fine

http://blog.hondalawnparts.com/modif...-altitude-use/

This says that Hondas should be ok up to 5000ft before needing modification, so take it all apart again.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Or bad gas - I have the same motor in mine and changing out the gas fixed it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2