Quantcast
Help me decide on a sedan around 15K - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Help me decide on a sedan around 15K

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:50 AM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So fucking true. We bought my used Audi for $25k, and when my wife took it to work, all her coworkers started asking how much money I made, because we must be well off. Meanwhile they're all driving $35k-$50k brand new vehicles.
    Or they all know and figure you must be well off to afford the repair/maintenance on a $25k Audi
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:49 AM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Sorry, I never actually saw this until now.

The engine in the G is virtually bulletproof. Any issues (oil consumption I believe?) had been ironed out by the time the 3.7 was introduced. The car itself is an evolution of the G that came out in 03, so it was well sorted by the time the G37 rolled around. As far as I know, there are no common potentially catastrophic issues with the model.

80k is really nothing. Low is subjective, but I would feel more comfortable with the reliability of a G with 80k as opposed to my Jaguar with 50k.
    Thanks alot for the info. It's super weird cross shopping brands and seeing the reliability of German sports sedans/coupes at 80k km's compared to Japanese counterparts at 80k km's.

Especially since I'm not sure how long the G37 vehicles can last before issues and big repairs start popping up, it makes me apprehensive to buy one haha.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Or they all know and figure you must be well off to afford the repair/maintenance on a $25k Audi
    Hahah, so true. But not from those people, none of them could even tell it was 5 years and two facelifts old. They thought it was brand new.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Thanks alot for the info. It's super weird cross shopping brands and seeing the reliability of German sports sedans/coupes at 80k km's compared to Japanese counterparts at 80k km's.

Especially since I'm not sure how long the G37 vehicles can last before issues and big repairs start popping up, it makes me apprehensive to buy one haha.
    Well now you do know!

There is really little comparison. Some German cars are somewhat reliable, but when they do break down it is often noticeably more expensive. My M37 has been excellent for me, with only a broken motor mount needed to be replaced (which might have been weakened in a crash early in its life) and just recently an error message I needed to get cleared by Infiniti, but that might have been my own fault... not sure. Those two things over almost 3 years of ownership and taking it from 85k to 147k on the odo ain't bad, and when something goes wrong you're almost sure it's going to be cheaper than if you had a German brand.

With this said, in regards to reliability I've heard the newer Q50's went way up in problems so I'm exclusively talking about the pre-2014 G and M series here.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I need to clarify that the vehicle will be mostly used for commuting and arriving to the client's business. We are targeting the small to medium business and I guess we are in the market on selling so we need to be presentable at all times, having a nice, clean vehicle arriving at the location is a plus.

There may be times that I need to drive my co-workers and they are in the Plus Sizes category but in most cases I'd only have one passenger.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:49 AM.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Well now you do know!

There is really little comparison. Some German cars are somewhat reliable, but when they do break down it is often noticeably more expensive. My M37 has been excellent for me, with only a broken motor mount needed to be replaced (which might have been weakened in a crash early in its life) and just recently an error message I needed to get cleared by Infiniti, but that might have been my own fault... not sure. Those two things over almost 3 years of ownership and taking it from 85k to 147k on the odo ain't bad, and when something goes wrong you're almost sure it's going to be cheaper than if you had a German brand.

With this said, in regards to reliability I've heard the newer Q50's went way up in problems so I'm exclusively talking about the pre-2014 G and M series here.
    That's a shame to hear about the Q50's as that was one of my top choices. I wanted something in the mid-20's and it fit the bill nicely. I only started looking at the G37's because they could be had between 15k and 20k and I could throw the remainder into investments while still having a nice vehicle, although the coupe model can be somewhat more, but I'm okay with owning one more 2-door as we're several years away from starting a family

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

My suggestion was going to be a 2009-2011 Lexus GS 350 but it will be a stretch on the budget. I'd go Japanese (TL or G37) or if smaller works, the IS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3