Quantcast
Help me decide on a sedan around 15K - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide on a sedan around 15K

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    G37 will be your best price/fun ratio, and the basic car has been in circulation for quite some time so almost all the issues had been worked out by then. (Not that it had many to begin with).

I agree the IS would likely be your highest dependability overall.

Unsure about back seat room of the G, but I know the IS would be tight.
    What are some other common issues with the G37 platform and how long can you expect them to last for? I have my eye on a G37xs but I'm unfamiliar with the Infiniti lineup.

Is buying a G37xs with 80k km's considered low?

I vote Acura TL. More than enough space for 4 normal adults, reliable, decent power, unoffensive, and enough luxury for any potential clients. Available AWD too depending how old it is. Probably your best bet if you are shopping 9-10 years old.

Lexus IS350 or an older A4 is too small IMHO if you are hauling around clients.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:50 AM.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

So far it looks like the main contenders are the 2009+ Acura TL, 2009+ Infiniti FX35, 2010+ Infiniti G37x Sedan, and Acura RDX...

For the fun factor, which one will you pick?

My Ride
    Silverado

Could also look at a passat or a cc

Could get a 2012 for less than 15k

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    So far it looks like the main contenders are the 2009+ Acura TL, 2009+ Infiniti FX35, 2010+ Infiniti G37x Sedan, and Acura RDX...

For the fun factor, which one will you pick?
    If it's down to those, for sure the G is number 1... But like other said though, the back seat is a bit tight, they also don't told down which sucks for hauling anything. ... But fun factor alone, only the TL would come close, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's not as "fast"... As a fan of Nissans though, I have to admit, I like the interior of the Acuras much better...

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    If it's down to those, for sure the G is number 1... But like other said though, the back seat is a bit tight, they also don't told down which sucks for hauling anything. ... But fun factor alone, only the TL would come close, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's not as "fast"... As a fan of Nissans though, I have to admit, I like the interior of the Acuras much better...
    I have a 2010 TL in the A-Spec trim with an auto, because fuck shifting your own gears in traffic. It has plenty of space and power (coming from a tuned E92 M3), plus the SHawd is mint in the winter. I'm 6'3" and a normal size adult can fit behind me. I have 170k on it now and the interior feels and looks like new, all leather and has all the toys. Did my own timing belt change etc and has been rock solid besides the odd projector flickering every now and then. I'm past the go-cart feeling from a car and I love the big, fast luxury sedans. A E550 4matic will be next on my list.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    The back seat of the G37 is tight as well. More room than the IS, but only a couple inches. If you have someone who's 6' in the front seat, and 6' behind them, neither will be comfortable.
    Fair enough. Jaylo - have you considered an M? (2011+). I just happen to have one for sale, but with a lowered suspension it might not be appropriate for hauling clients. Nevertheless, the car is basically a G with a far more lux interior, and more space.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I have a 2010 TL in the A-Spec trim with an auto, because fuck shifting your own gears in traffic.
    Traffic? Aren't you in Cold Lake?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Infiniti M37 seems like a good bet!
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Depending on how much time this vehicle will really be used for clients, I would consider the image you are sending to those potential clients.

Personally I am not impressed with a salesguy that shows up with a 10 year old 'luxury' car with 200,000+km on it. He ends up looking like a wannabe poser and typically acts like it too. I would personally rather get a ride in a newer more reliable vehicle than with someone that thinks they are impressing me with an old car that has a nice badge. People can tell if you spend civic money on lexus.

Now if it is your main daily driver and sometimes used for clients it probably doesn't matter as much so drive what you like.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Traffic? Aren't you in Cold Lake?
    If anything it's worse. Highest limit in the town is 60km/h and its littered with unnecessary stop signs and traffic lights. Fuck this town.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Lol k. Try eastbound glenmore in the morning when some idiot rear ends some other idiot (every other day)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Lol k. Try eastbound glenmore in the morning when some idiot rear ends some other idiot (every other day)
    I'd rather not. City congestion and traffic drives me crazy.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post

Personally I am not impressed with a salesguy that shows up with a 10 year old 'luxury' car with 200,000+km on it. He ends up looking like a wannabe poser and typically acts like it too. I would personally rather get a ride in a newer more reliable vehicle than with someone that thinks they are impressing me with an old car that has a nice badge.
    Most people are so oblivious to car brands and cars in general that I don't think it would really matter.

I don't know how many people I know that drive old BMWs and Mercedes or base model BMWs and (non car) people seem to think that they are loaded when a Honda civic is worth more than the old car.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Most people are so oblivious to car brands and cars in general that I don't think it would really matter.

I don't know how many people I know that drive old BMWs and Mercedes or base model BMWs and (non car) people seem to think that they are loaded when a Honda civic is worth more than the old car.
    So fucking true. We bought my used Audi for $25k, and when my wife took it to work, all her coworkers started asking how much money I made, because we must be well off. Meanwhile they're all driving $35k-$50k brand new vehicles.

My Ride
    is Invisible

So fucking true. We bought my used Audi for $25k, and when my wife took it to work, all her coworkers started asking how much money I made, because we must be well off. Meanwhile they're all driving $35k-$50k brand new vehicles.
    Only in Calgary do people have the audacity to ask that kind of question.

A coworker picked up a early 2000's Porsche Boxster for ~$8,000 and people ribbed him relentlessly. "Must be nice" "Big bonus eh?". I found it hilarious, him and I had a good laugh about it.

Meanwhile it was the cheapest car in the parking lot by a fair margin.

My Ride
    LNF

My vote would go towards Acura TL. The 07-09 models and even the 2010 + with SH-AWD pretty much run forever with basic maintenance and timing belt/water pump changes every 100-130k.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    What are some other common issues with the G37 platform and how long can you expect them to last for? I have my eye on a G37xs but I'm unfamiliar with the Infiniti lineup.

Is buying a G37xs with 80k km's considered low?
    Sorry, I never actually saw this until now.

The engine in the G is virtually bulletproof. Any issues (oil consumption I believe?) had been ironed out by the time the 3.7 was introduced. The car itself is an evolution of the G that came out in 03, so it was well sorted by the time the G37 rolled around. As far as I know, there are no common potentially catastrophic issues with the model.

80k is really nothing. Low is subjective, but I would feel more comfortable with the reliability of a G with 80k as opposed to my Jaguar with 50k.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast