Quantcast
FS: 8070i smartboard with lots of extras - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: 8070i smartboard with lots of extras

Default FS: 8070i smartboard with lots of extras

FS: Smart 8070i 70" smartboard with i7 computer (the PC is an OPS module, you can google it, but they are generally used for industrial purposes like mall kiosk displays where they will take some abuse)

You can find the complete specifications here:
    http://downloads.smarttech.com/media...g4v31mar15.pdf

Here is the summary for those who don't want to check out the spec sheet:
    70" display running 1080P @ 60Hz 16:9 aspect ratio
    Accepts standard OPS computer modules
    Has multiple inputs including HDMI, Display Port, component, composite so it will work as a home theater, but it is best suited to being run from a PC (sometimes consumer electronics doesn't handshake well with it, but I've not had any issues with PC gear)
    It will run powered speakers at 10W.

To be honest I haven't used the touchscreen in the last 18 months - its been acting as a screen in my office and for a while as a HT screen in my undeveloped basement. Now that I'm renovating I don't really have the space for it, even though I'd love to set it up properly and use it to video conference. The last time I hooked it up the touch screen worked 100%. IT does have a couple of scuffs on the frame, but there aren't any issues with it, the thing is a tank. I used to work for SMART so I picked it up while I was there. I'm testing everything out in the next couple of days and I'll update the posting. I'm not expecting to find any issues, its been running perfect, but I haven't used all of the hardware in a while so its best to check before passing it along to a new home.

The Smartboard includes:
    - SMART 300lb Wall mount capable of supporting 300lbs (no really, 300 lbs) and lags to install it.
    - SMART OPS i7 computer module with 8GB of RAM and 250GB HDD - I cannot remember what OS it is loaded with but I will update the post with that once I find out
    - SMART CAM301 video conferencing kit (stereo microphone and camera module that integrates with the top of the smartboard) and associated power and USB cables (Works with the SMART Room System)
    - Additional OPS computer modules (I believe one is an i5 with 4GB and the other is an i3 with specs listed at the bottom of the posting) - I think both of these are pre-loaded with Kodi for media, but one of them has a Window 7 embedded pro license key included. Sorry I don't have the media to reload this. One module for sure has wifi and USB3, but I cannot remember the specs off the top of my head. I'll look it up.
    - SMART remote control
    - power cable
    - Software that came with it
    - A box with a few misc pieces like pointers and such. They were designed for school use, so tools to let kids use the board when they can't reach to the top and stuff like that. I think I have a couple pens for it too, but you don't really need them - you can use your fingers without any trouble.

Now the tough part - its big (obviously), its heavy and its located in my basement. I will happily help to move it out of the basement, but you better lift bro. Without all of the extra stuff, the display weights over 220lbs. Bring a couple of strong friends to help and we can get it out to your vehicle.

The first question I usually get asked about it is "Could I upgrade the OPS computer module to something faster?" Yes, but it would require a new OPS module; the modules aren't socketed to just install a new processor. Think of it like a laptop: SODIMMS, PCIe mini, etc. You can often find them on ebay. I Prefer using the extrnal computers to run it - I've connected everything from a raspberry pi to my home pc to it.

Specs for the i3 OPS module: i3-3217 @ 1.6GHz / 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz, 250GB HDD (Hitachi), 1Gbps Ethernet, currently boots Kodi

Looking for $2000 all in. No, I will not deliver it, even if I had a truck capable of hauling it. Dimensions are: 171cmx88cmx16cm so please select the appropriate vehicle to haul it Everything else with the exception of the wall mount is pretty small.
    Last edited by SportTwin; 03-15-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Great scotch is great precisely because you drink it with great friends.