Quantcast
Anyone driven the Kia Stinger? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone driven the Kia Stinger?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here... never explored it further. If I was able to get the A-spec I might give it a second of thought but otherwise, not really interested. Its a fine car, and priced well, but boring. I have another 18 months left and trying to figure out what I want to replace it with.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm ~20 months out from my lease ending, but I'm already car shopping and keeping an eye out. Even though it's too early, I can't help myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    TLX has had crazy lease incentives.... should be able to get a base AWD for under $400/month on a 20k km 4 year lease at 0% with $0 down. Should be able to get the tech for an extra $50/month and the elite for yet another $50/month.

And yes TLX interior and info systems are dated, its a 4 year old car at this point. And it was dated before it even came out haha.
    You can get a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T for around 450$ per month. Overall much better car, better equipped with a proper infotainment and more fun to drive. Just lacks awd.

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    You can get a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T for around 450$ per month. Overall much better car, better equipped with a proper infotainment and more fun to drive. Just lacks awd.
    Unfortunately with the accord there is no sport touring model, so you can't get a MT with the good options, and there is a $6K gap between the Sport model and the Toruing model which has the option package most people are probably going to want especially if cross shopping the $40-50K segments. The Sport at $34K is a fantastic value but unfortunately there isn't anything in between that and the AT-only Touring model for $40K. I hope they add a MT sport touring for next year or something for $37K or so.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Unfortunately with the accord there is no sport touring model, so you can't get a MT with the good options, and there is a $6K gap between the Sport model and the Toruing model which has the option package most people are probably going to want especially if cross shopping the $40-50K segments. The Sport at $34K is a fantastic value but unfortunately there isn't anything in between that and the AT-only Touring model for $40K. I hope they add a MT sport touring for next year or something for $37K or so.
    Depends how you look at it.. IMO, the touring is horrible value with the Accord.. You are paying like 5k more for an acoustic windshield, heads up display (not available on TLX), heated rear seats (not available on TLX A spec), and ventilated front seats. These are all luxury options and most people will probably end up with a mid level (EX or LX) Accord.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yea everything about it looks great.... except the FWD hah. Which is a pretty big deal breaker or concession.

Also looks more like the Accord Sport 2.0T prices out at $480/month.... which is $100/month more then the base AWD TLX (with incentives).

Depends how you look at it.. IMO, the touring is horrible value with the Accord.. You are paying like 5k more for an acoustic windshield, heads up display (not available on TLX), heated rear seats (not available on TLX A spec), and ventilated front seats. These are all luxury options and most people will probably end up with a mid level (EX or LX) Accord.
    In addition to that I am pretty sure you also get a heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, auto on/off high beams, rain sensing wipers, parking sensors, Homelink, adaptive dampers, WiFi hotspot, rear USB ports, and probaby one or two others I am forgetting. You may not need or care about all that, but it really is a lot more stuff than you mentioned or that $5K or whatever. The Sport is definitely the sweet spot for value, and you still get most of the driver's assistance stuff.

I really want to drive one - I have only read good things, and apparently that 10spd transmission isn't as horrible as most other 9-10spd transmissions out there.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-20-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

Red is the only color to get because of this. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
    Personally think the yellow and blue both still great with the red side marker and like the uniqueness of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncDgAWpNJTQ for reference
    J

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Yea everything about it looks great.... except the FWD hah. Which is a pretty big deal breaker or concession.

Also looks more like the Accord Sport 2.0T prices out at $480/month.... which is $100/month more then the base AWD TLX (with incentives).
    I struggle with that too... spending an extra 30% more for an accord without FWD is not really the direction I want to go. I won't lie though, the car does look very interesting.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    One needs 400+ horsepower to pass on the highway?
    I think hes talking about the short passing segments on the #1 around Revelstoke and Golden.

The conundrum with that is, especially in the summer, that you will just end up stuck around another truck/RV grandma doing 90 in the 90 zone, in perfect weather.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Passing someone who goes 90 is no problem. It's people who go 105 that are harder to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Passing someone who goes 90 is no problem. It's people who go 105 that are harder to pass.
    It’s people that lay into the throttle in the passing zones while they can only manage about 75 on any single lane sections... since even mini vans now have 250hp+ 400hp is needed to get around them in the passing zones

My Ride
    Silverado

The fucking kicker is that the rcmp could steal your vehicle for speeding in those passing zones.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    The fucking kicker is that the rcmp could steal your vehicle for speeding in those passing zones.
    Well... maybe... but only if you only had 350hp then they could catch you

But yeah... keep it under 40 over, that’s also why you need 400hp. It’s a short pass window before you hit that speed! Need to get there quick!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

$340 ish per month with incentive. V6 Tech TLX (FWD). That's a really decent payment for a car like this even if it's FWD.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ive/1340683562

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm glad you guys understand my horsepower needs haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

if there's a Kia salesperson on the forums shoot me a PM
    J

Quote Originally Posted by Mys73ri0 View Post
    if there's a Kia salesperson on the forums shoot me a PM
    That's actually the other potential problem with this otherwise good vehicle - in my experience the dealerships are absolutely horrid, and you typically get bottom of the barrel salespeople.

We went to Kia to look at a Sorento a couple times. First, they made us fill out an entire form/survey with contact info, the vehicle we were looking at, what we currently owned, etc. Then, the salesperson disappeared to talk to her manager for 5-10 minutes to "discuss" the answers on our sheet and tried to tell us what we wanted. Then she asked if we wanted a test drive, and we said yes, so she had to go back and also clear that with the manager. Half an hour later, off we go on the test drive. The salesperson kept calling the autonomous cruise control "anonymous" cruise, and literally knew nothing about the vehicle, but made up BS answers anyway that were completely false. Couldn't even be bothered to read a brochure on one of their higher volume sellers. We returned, and the manager comes over to lay on every greasy tactic in the book to try get us to buy "today". Been to Kia 2 or 3 times now (different dealers) and it's been more/less the same experience. The salespeople all looked bored and depressed, and we were one of two customers in the dealership on a Saturday afternoon. Pretty much the last place on earth you would want to buy a $50K sports car. I imagine the Genesis experience will be much better when the G70 goes on sale.

My Ride
    K-car

That's actually the other potential problem with this otherwise good vehicle - in my experience the dealerships are absolutely horrid, and you typically get bottom of the barrel salespeople.

We went to Kia to look at a Sorento a couple times. First, they made us fill out an entire form/survey with contact info, the vehicle we were looking at, what we currently owned, etc. Then, the salesperson disappeared to talk to her manager for 5-10 minutes to "discuss" the answers on our sheet and tried to tell us what we wanted. Then she asked if we wanted a test drive, and we said yes, so she had to go back and also clear that with the manager. Half an hour later, off we go on the test drive. The salesperson kept calling the autonomous cruise control "anonymous" cruise, and literally knew nothing about the vehicle, but made up BS answers anyway that were completely false. Couldn't even be bothered to read a brochure on one of their higher volume sellers. We returned, and the manager comes over to lay on every greasy tactic in the book to try get us to buy "today". Been to Kia 2 or 3 times now (different dealers) and it's been more/less the same experience. The salespeople all looked bored and depressed, and we were one of two customers in the dealership on a Saturday afternoon. Pretty much the last place on earth you would want to buy a $50K sports car. I imagine the Genesis experience will be much better when the G70 goes on sale.
    Agree here. Our Family went through a Kia spell and every dealer sucked from sales to service and them trying to deny any warranty claim possible (the cars sucked after 2 years too when they started falling apart) Hopefully things have improved.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I imagine the Genesis experience will be much better when the G70 goes on sale.
    Genesis has no dealership, they come to you for the exact same reason of poor dealership experience people get at Kia/Hyundai dealerships.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Exactly this. Post purchase dealership nightmares alone is enough for me not to purchase a KIA.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast