Quantcast
Anyone driven the Kia Stinger? - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone driven the Kia Stinger?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am up in High Level for a couple of days for a trial and the rental I got is a brand new Fusion with a 1000 kms. I gotta say, it literally does everything, has every single option that any other high end German vehicle out there does and has. It likely costs peanuts compared to them and it actually drives quite nice as well. I drove it less than a 100 clicks so clearly I am not an expert on the subject but I was quite blown away by the features and quality you can get these days from a car that costs like what $30K?
    Feature rich? Yes. Fun to drive? Not even close.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Does Beyond "have a guy" for Kia stuff anywhere in Alberta?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

The Calgary Kia dealerships are a nightmare - they have this ridiculous sales script they need to go through, which includes filling out forms about what types of vehicles you might be interested in like you are a child or something. Then the sales person delivers that sheet to the manager, and he comes over to blow smoke up you ass for a while. Then, maybe, you're closer to being able to actually look at the car haha. Last time I was in there, it was 30-40 minutes before we could even go for a test drive. I would try to negotiate via email if possible. Just find out the dealer cost and go from there.

I don't know about Canada but it is not selling well in the USA - might be able to hit them with a pretty low offer: https://carbuzz.com/news/kia-has-a-t...ut-the-stinger

My Ride
    This and that.

^I feel that a lot of non-luxury vehicle dealers do that. Same shit when I went in to look at the Jeep. Manager comes to you and tries to make you feel special and shit. Having never purchased a new non-German/luxury vehicle before, I found that very odd. I guess in a way they are trying to make your experience better. Other thing that I found odd was they don't give you detailed 'quote sheets' until the end when you've decided to purchase. Until then they just handwrite the numbers repeatedly reflecting what the deal is going to look like. Found that very odd as with all my Bimmer's, Merc's and Audi's even during negotiations via email they'd send you unlimited number of quote sheets and play around with the numbers on them as per your request. Wasn't only Jeep this happened, in the past at a Ford dealership looking at a used truck it was the same shit. This time I even asked the sales guy and he was like we don't access to that software or some stupid shit like that.

My Ride
    Silverado

Apparently cbmw just went that way with not letting sales have the numbers

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Last time I was in a Chrysler dealership I said point blank “if you pull out the 4 square sheet I’m not purchasing the truck” ...he pulled it out anyways, I played the game... wasted his time and left without a truck!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Do the dealers really want us all go buy Teslas online or something?

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    ^I feel that a lot of non-luxury vehicle dealers do that. Same shit when I went in to look at the Jeep. Manager comes to you and tries to make you feel special and shit. Having never purchased a new non-German/luxury vehicle before, I found that very odd. I guess in a way they are trying to make your experience better. Other thing that I found odd was they don't give you detailed 'quote sheets' until the end when you've decided to purchase. Until then they just handwrite the numbers repeatedly reflecting what the deal is going to look like. Found that very odd as with all my Bimmer's, Merc's and Audi's even during negotiations via email they'd send you unlimited number of quote sheets and play around with the numbers on them as per your request. Wasn't only Jeep this happened, in the past at a Ford dealership looking at a used truck it was the same shit. This time I even asked the sales guy and he was like we don't access to that software or some stupid shit like that.
    VW does the same thing now too - sad to see more dealers moving toward that ridiculous model. I can't believe any business thinks people actually enjoy that experience. Walk into Audi or MB and it's a night and day different experience where they don't treat you like a child with their highly patronizing sales 'experience'.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    VW does the same thing now too - sad to see more dealers moving toward that ridiculous model. I can't believe any business thinks people actually enjoy that experience. Walk into Audi or MB and it's a night and day different experience where they don't treat you like a child with their highly patronizing sales 'experience'.
    I didn't have that experience at all. I emailed VW, told them what I was looking for (2-3 diff models, cost+500), got a call back asking to come in, and we'll run the final numbers on the different models. Was super easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The focus is to close sales, and that process is tried and true for everyone that's not financially savvy. Unfortunately, that's most car shoppers out there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Last time I was in a Chrysler dealership I said point blank “if you pull out the 4 square sheet I’m not purchasing the truck” ...he pulled it out anyways, I played the game... wasted his time and left without a truck!
    Holy shit, there's a name for that stupid fucking form!

South Pointe Toyota pulled that shit out and legit wouldn't even tell me how much the vehicle was going to cost. Wasted an hour of my time. Tried to take a photo of the form and the kid wouldn't let me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Seriously the #1 reason I would buy a Tesla is their sales process sounds awesome.

When I bought my Sierra they did the same thing with not wanting to give me a sales sheet. In the end, the gave me a sales sheet lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I couldn't figure out what you were talking about or if that was a typo or something, so I googled it. Haha I had no idea it was a thing

https://www.consumerreports.org/cons...ow-to-beat-it/

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I didn't have that experience at all. I emailed VW, told them what I was looking for (2-3 diff models, cost+500), got a call back asking to come in, and we'll run the final numbers on the different models. Was super easy.
    I was there 2 weeks ago (south location) and that is exactly what they did. It is such a waste of everyone's time, but I guess they've done the research and maybe it generates more sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The focus is to close sales, and that process is tried and true for everyone that's not financially savvy. Unfortunately, that's most car shoppers out there.
    Hard to believe it works, but apparently it does or they wouldn't use it.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

That 4 square thing is ridiculous! I would totally walk if they pull something stupid like that out.
    Last edited by RX_EVOLV; 09-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Haha, I have never seen that before. I wish they do it to me more on non-essential items that I buy to save me money.
    Sir you want to buy this toy? Why don't we sit down and figure out what you need? out the door

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

When we were buying the Fusion (fuck), the dealer tried that until I asked him what his cash price was since that's how I was paying. He was almost confused...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Do the dealers really want us all go buy Teslas online or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Seriously the #1 reason I would buy a Tesla is their sales process sounds awesome.
    Yea, buying online, easy. Unfortunately, the delivery process, finance process, rates, everything else after that is a shit show.

Again, the problem is nobody buys cash anymore. Everyone is shopping for payments to stretch their budgets. We're the exception to this process. The 4 square method makes the most money for the dealer (and in turn sales rep) and it works well. This pops up every single recession when sales are down. They literally don't care about your sale, cash makes them next to nothing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    That 4 square thing is ridiculous! I would totally walk if they pull something stupid like that out.
    Subaru did this for my wife Forester XT. While negotiating the manager through a bi-weekly in the mix that was a higher overall price than the last monthly offer he had given me. Salesman looked super embarrassed when I pointed it out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    Subaru did this for my wife Forester XT. While negotiating the manager through a bi-weekly in the mix that was a higher overall price than the last monthly offer he had given me. Salesman looked super embarrassed when I pointed it out.
    Embarrassed to be caught, but it wasn't an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast