Anyone driven the Kia Stinger? - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Anyone driven the Kia Stinger?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always thought Ford was the king of the external combustion engine
    I think it's a Ford vs Ferrari scenario, which would have two clear winners. Ferrari in fires/units sold; and Ford, where quantity is job one.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    But really, you're that dead set against these brands? I think a lot of the new Hyundai stuff is looking better and better while likely offering a lot of value (if you keep it a long time).
    Previous to 2013 I never thought I would own Hyundai / Kia. I was swayed when researching a new family SUV in 2013 and ended up with a Santa Fe XL due to the value proposition. It was decent for a while, then many warranty issues, then no warranty, the a destroyed engine @ 150K KM. Never again will anything Korean darken my driveway.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Yeah, but the Koreans have improved a lot over the last 10 years. When you bought the Santa Fe, they were still not quite "there". They still had spotty reliability (though *much* improved from a decade prior) and actually started making vehicles people *wanted* as opposed to just being cheap.

Now, I think they have finally hit their stride. They are designing their OWN looks and features now, and reliability is in the top 10 of manufacturers. They have overall gone up in price, but are still noticably lower than their competition.

I'd give them another chance. Especially with the Genesis products, which are really giving the competition a run for their money in every single way.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Replaced it with an Acura, it'll be another decade before we look at anything (for her) again.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Yeah, but the Koreans have improved a lot over the last 10 years. When you bought the Santa Fe, they were still not quite "there". They still had spotty reliability (though *much* improved from a decade prior) and actually started making vehicles people *wanted* as opposed to just being cheap.

Now, I think they have finally hit their stride. They are designing their OWN looks and features now, and reliability is in the top 10 of manufacturers. They have overall gone up in price, but are still noticably lower than their competition.

I'd give them another chance. Especially with the Genesis products, which are really giving the competition a run for their money in every single way.
    The 4 banger engine fire, the ABS module fire, and the LG EV battery fire (where GM was able to fix with firmware update but Hyundai can't) seems soil the Korean rep gain the last few years.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-02-2021 at 10:07 PM.

When we were looking for a car to leave permanently at our US property, we seriously considered leasing a Kia Stinger GT (with the v6 3.3/8 speed auto). It wasn't a bad car at all, faster than I thought it would be, and the suspension/handling wasn't bad either. Main reason was the bang/$ with their lease rates back then, they were insane, Kia was trying to give them away, IIRC it was under $300 USD for a 2 maybe 3 year lease with almost nothing down. I pushed for this option as it removed any "Hyundai" type service issues as the car would be going back before the full coverage warranty ran out. Overuled (aaaagain), and we ended up paying cash for a 2017 370z which was an extremely good deal from another snowbird. This was long before covid/etc. That property has been sold, as well as the 370z.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the new ones, depending on their lease/warranty rates and options, as we'll be getting our niece who is in our care a vehicle to share with her brother this spring/summer.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Have they got their act together in regards to ride quality yet? We have had several Hyundai/Kia rentals over the past few years and while they have decent tech and seem fine I find the ride quality is generally on the poor side.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Have they got their act together in regards to ride quality yet? We have had several Hyundai/Kia rentals over the past few years and while they have decent tech and seem fine I find the ride quality is generally on the poor side.
    Yeah but who doesn't modify the suspension on their $80,000 Korean car?

My Ride
    Axis powers

I’ve been looking at possible SUVs as mine is getting old and was looking at Hyundai and Kia, some of the models are on par with luxury brands for cost it’s not making much sense to me
    Sig nuked by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    I’ve been looking at possible SUVs as mine is getting old and was looking at Hyundai and Kia, some of the models are on par with luxury brands for cost it’s not making much sense to me
    I've noticed that too, especially when looking at leases. Back when I was shopping, a loaded G70 wasn't much cheaper than a S4/C43 lease because the residuals on the German cars were good enough to make up most of the payment price difference.

The bigger savings seems to be on something like the G90 vs an S-Class, but shopping for Santa Fe's, Tucson's, Sorento's, etc. they are priced pretty much in line with the competition.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hear me out. Maybe they are on par with euro brands because they are.....on par with euro brands?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hear me out. Maybe they are on par with euro brands because they are.....on par with euro brands?
    They still have an uphill battle to climb on perception alone to pull that off with great success I would argue.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    They still have an uphill battle to climb on perception alone to pull that off with great success I would argue.
    Resale / residuals are worse too, at least on the ones I have looked at. Not saying they deserve to be, but they are, and that affects value.

"Kia" is actually the Korean word for "fire", source, I'm half Korean.

My Ride
    V8s

Name:  thats-funny-gif-8.gif
Views: 322
Size:  947.5 KB

I haven't spent time in any Korean car, but based on every review I've read in the last couple of years, the "premium" Korean offerings are 75% of the car the Germans are for [some %] cheaper. So, in a word, no. They are not on par.

The stinger/G70 have come a long way, but if I had to make a choice, I would still go German and stay lighter on the options. They'll still be $10k more, but they also feel like $10k more car.

My Ride
    Car

My wife got a telluride. I swore I wouldn’t buy a Kia ever as all I had in my head was a rental from 15 years ago when my vehicle got stolen. Took the telluride for multiple test drives after she convinced me to at least look and vs all other suvs in it class nothing compares. For everything you get with vehicle for under $50k and lots of room for the three kids and luggage still is a win. 1 year later and vehicle is still awesome and only vehicle I’ve had new that hasn’t had 2-3 recalls within 1st year of ownership. Car has all options of other that are worth 20-30k more, has more than enough power for a family vehicle and is awesome for options and comfort for long haul trips that we do. My 2 cents

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Even if they were streets ahead of Euro's in build quality, power, handling, and warranty, they would always still be decades behind in reputation. They'd be better off buying Saab and building their own models under that name.

Quote Originally Posted by cars5431 View Post
    My wife got a telluride. I swore I wouldn’t buy a Kia ever as all I had in my head was a rental from 15 years ago when my vehicle got stolen. Took the telluride for multiple test drives after she convinced me to at least look and vs all other suvs in it class nothing compares. For everything you get with vehicle for under $50k and lots of room for the three kids and luggage still is a win. 1 year later and vehicle is still awesome and only vehicle I’ve had new that hasn’t had 2-3 recalls within 1st year of ownership. Car has all options of other that are worth 20-30k more, has more than enough power for a family vehicle and is awesome for options and comfort for long haul trips that we do. My 2 cents
    I'm surprised you were able to find a Telluride to buy (I'm located in the States, now). We looked for three weeks and the only dealerships that had some on the lot were charging market adjustments upwards of $6,000. We ended up getting a Hyundai Palisade Limited after checking out the interior and technology features. I concur with you about the value. We cross-shopped Ford, GM, MB, VW, and Volvo before making the decision.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Car

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    I'm surprised you were able to find a Telluride to buy (I'm located in the States, now). We looked for three weeks and the only dealerships that had some on the lot were charging market adjustments upwards of $6,000. We ended up getting a Hyundai Palisade Limited after checking out the interior and technology features. I concur with you about the value. We cross-shopped Ford, GM, MB, VW, and Volvo before making the decision.
    We got super lucky with one. We had placed order and then someone backed out of one that was coming in so got within 1 month. Even ended up paying a little below msrp

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast