Quantcast
Anyone driven the Kia Stinger? - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone driven the Kia Stinger?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Embarrassed to be caught, but it wasn't an accident.
    Most people are too stupid to realize bi-weekly payments aren't just half of the monthly rate. Especially finance customers. But no doubt the manager knew what he was doing lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Most people are too stupid to realize bi-weekly payments aren't just half of the monthly rate. Especially finance customers. But no doubt the manager knew what he was doing lol
    It’s really fun when you’re good at mental math... I have yet to find a salesman that can keep up without running back to their manager... I once also confused their manager and had a sweet price agreed to till they double checked it in the back office

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Embarrassed to be caught, but it wasn't an accident.
    Oh ya, I made it clear to him I knew the manager was fucking with me. But this guy wasn’t too bright, so I don’t think he realized it was higher.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

If the bi weekly payment ended up being more than the monthly, wouldn't that make the final price less (less interest paid)? Or they just show payments, changing the actual end cost of the vehicle?

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Do the dealers really want us all go buy Teslas online or something?
    At this point of time and its popularity, I do not see why people would not jump online and purchase a Tesla Model 3

A Standard Range Plus for $55K minus the Federal Incentive of $5K brings it down to $50K for a fun RWD.

Does anyone know if one can add the Self-Driving Capability later on? It's an additional $7,900. Thx.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    At this point of time and its popularity, I do not see why people would not jump online and purchase a Tesla Model 3

A Standard Range Plus for $55K minus the Federal Incentive of $5K brings it down to $50K for a fun RWD.

Does anyone know if one can add the Self-Driving Capability later on? It's an additional $7,900. Thx.
    It's definitely not a bad deal here. It's a no brainer in BC and Ontario with additional incentives. The service issues that you read about in California is legit, but we don't have enough Tesla's here for it to be a problem. Service isn't terrible here at all in comparison to the gong show in California. You can add FSD later on, there's really nothing with the FSD package today where you want to dump your money on it (self parking is the only thing really viable up here). Spend the money later when the features are real and useful for you.

There are some drawbacks with the Model 3 that might affect you though. Highway driving at 130km/h destroys range. Cold weather driving destroys range. Even Edmonton trips need a quick supercharger stop in a Model 3 in those conditions (especially both) unless you adjust your driving behaviour and cruise at speed limit. I mean if you don't mind stopping to charge, then it's not an issue. If you only drive in city, it's not an issue.

Oh, and no AWD to get the incentive. That one sucks too.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I don't think Teslas are that great for Calgary. Range is bad if you do anything other than city driving, 4-6 months of the year you are battling extreme cold which is really hard on the batteries, and there are barely any charging stations in terms of what would be convenient.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I don't think Teslas are that great for Calgary. Range is bad if you do anything other than city driving, 4-6 months of the year you are battling extreme cold which is really hard on the batteries, and there are barely any charging stations in terms of what would be convenient.
    Actually, heat is much harder on the Tesla batteries, in terms of reducing battery life. Cold is good, although you will lose range - the longevity of the battery is improved vs. perpetual hot climates.

Obviously not letting your batteries freeze if they are at 2% capacity is a no go either.

This has been hacked out here many times (Tesla in cold climates) .....but I digress....

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    If the bi weekly payment ended up being more than the monthly, wouldn't that make the final price less (less interest paid)? Or they just show payments, changing the actual end cost of the vehicle?
    I can't remember the numbers, but the went from something like $500 monthly to $245 bi-weekly. If you don't realize that there's 2.17 bi-weekly payments per month, you think it's $10 cheaper per month. When in fact it's $31 more per month.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Actually, heat is much harder on the Tesla batteries, in terms of reducing battery life. Cold is good, although you will lose range - the longevity of the battery is improved vs. perpetual hot climates.

Obviously not letting your batteries freeze if they are at 2% capacity is a no go either.

This has been hacked out here many times (Tesla in cold climates) .....but I digress....
    Range is what we're talking about though - the cold weather we get reduces it significantly and charging stations are few and far between. Also, as you seem to know already, one of the worst things you can do to a battery is let it get super cold with a low charge - only takes one screw up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Range is what we're talking about though - the cold weather we get reduces it significantly and charging stations are few and far between. Also, as you seem to know already, one of the worst things you can do to a battery is let it get super cold with a low charge - only takes one screw up.
    In town, you're always charging at home. No problems. Charging stations are actually everywhere, mostly slow chargers, but Tesla superchargers are spread close enough that you can drive like a dick in winter and there's still enough range on major routes.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    In town, you're always charging at home. No problems. Charging stations are actually everywhere, mostly slow chargers, but Tesla superchargers are spread close enough that you can drive like a dick in winter and there's still enough range on major routes.
    Even the few charging stations I've seen in parkades, they only have 1 or 2 of them, so if someone else beats you to it you're SOL by the looks of things. I still think it's wildly inconvenient compared to getting gas unless you just drive in the city - my understanding is even the superchargers take up to an hour which is crazy long if you're mid-road trip. A slow charge is what, 8 or 9 hours? If you can't do that overnight or while you're at work you're also SOL.

It certainly wouldn't work for my situation anyway which includes a lot of highway driving.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Even the few charging stations I've seen in parkades, they only have 1 or 2 of them, so if someone else beats you to it you're SOL by the looks of things. I still think it's wildly inconvenient compared to getting gas unless you just drive in the city - my understanding is even the superchargers take up to an hour which is crazy long if you're mid-road trip. A slow charge is what, 8 or 9 hours? If you can't do that overnight or while you're at work you're also SOL.

It certainly wouldn't work for my situation anyway which includes a lot of highway driving.
    No, EV would definitely not be on my short list of vehicles in an AB winter that required 90% field operations (rural roads). A diesel truck is still the way to go - esp if you idle a ton.

However, if your commute is Acadia - Quarry Park for eg. then it makes sense to some degree.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

I think it is a great second vehicle for running errands, commuting, dropping kids off around the city if you already have an existing SUV or truck for other applications.

As an only vehicle, why not if you can get to supercharging stations or worse just rent a vehicle from Turo or other carshare programs.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

There are 20 EV charging stalls in my building and usually only 3-4 are taken up. If there was more choice I would consider one of these EVs for a commuter as I would never have to pay for charging.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    No, EV would definitely not be on my short list of vehicles in an AB winter that required 90% field operations (rural roads). A diesel truck is still the way to go - esp if you idle a ton.

However, if your commute is Acadia - Quarry Park for eg. then it makes sense to some degree.
    Yeah I think we're all in agreement that they work best for city-only driving and short trips. I do think that rules them out for a lot of people though, at least until infrastructure and charging speeds dramatically improve. As mentioned above, I would never want one as my only vehicle I don't think.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I can't remember the numbers, but the went from something like $500 monthly to $245 bi-weekly. If you don't realize that there's 2.17 bi-weekly payments per month, you think it's $10 cheaper per month. When in fact it's $31 more per month.
    Ya, I get that. When I'm financing something, I always go with bi weekly payments. Try and pay the least amount of interest possible. They don't change the end cost of the vehicle using these "4 square sheets" do they. Don't they just show different payments, resulting in more/less total vehicle cost?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    Ya, I get that. When I'm financing something, I always go with bi weekly payments. Try and pay the least amount of interest possible. They don't change the end cost of the vehicle using these "4 square sheets" do they. Don't they just show different payments, resulting in more/less total vehicle cost?
    Name:  False Dwight.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  26.9 KB

No, the entire idea of these sheets is to fools the customer into paying a higher total amount as various payments that ARE NOT equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Gotcha

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Bi-weekly does NOT mean less interest paid.... it does nothing but help align cash flow with paydays. Accelerated bi-weekly will though... accelerated is half the monthly payment, so two extra payments a year where as bi-weekly is a reduced payment which spreads the total annual obligation over more payments

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast