Quantcast
Scammed looking for your help *picture of scammer punk added* - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Scammed looking for your help *picture of scammer punk added*

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't you be frustrated? Anyway, my colleagues who this happened to have already gone down all those avenues to no avail, they have moved on. Nothing ever came of it to my knowledge.
    Yes I would, but had they actually gone down that path there would have been an answer. PSS is overseen by the police commission (a civilian body) and things don’t just go away without some sort of resolution. I suspect you aren’t getting the whole story here, and it’s shaping your view of these things and you’re spreading it around like it’s a rampant problem.

Yes there are lazy cops but most of the time it’s bonafide resource and legal issues that stop us from just arresting people with a “conviction handed to them”, and just assuming it’s the former isn’t fair to the majority of us who do our jobs properly - especially this particular incident which is very early in the investigation. As the OP said, it doesn’t seem like we are interested and I’d love to know what was actually said to OP that led to the conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I find that a little odd - you arent naming anyone specifically (looking for info) and I see security tapes of these kinds all the time posted by the CPS. Have they even posted this onto their social media?

You WANT exposure and this clown to be identified, which is exactly what your high quality video did.
    What if it forces this guy to go underground and interferes with an active investigation? Or they’re trying to discourage a confrontation with him? Having been part of these investigations, I can say without a doubt there is a very good reason.
    Last edited by phil98z24; 03-26-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What if it forces this guy to go underground and interferes with an active investigation? Or they’re trying to discourage a confrontation with him? Having been part of these investigations, I can say without a doubt there is a very good reason.
    I see what you did there Phil; I gather that the CPS already knows the ID of this person (since they dont want the video posted, ie no need to request the public for ID) and are just waiting for the perp to make the next move (probably best that I dont state any more thoughts about this)
    Last edited by revelations; 03-26-2018 at 12:47 PM.

I see what you did there Phil; I gather that the CPS already knows the ID of this person (since they dont want the video posted, ie no need to request the public for ID) and are just waiting for the perp to make the next move (probably best that I dont state any more thoughts about this)
    I honestly have no idea if that’s the case with this specific investigation but there is usually a reason for it, and it’s among many reasons an investigator may ask for that to happen. Either way, hopefully it’s a sign of something!

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Yes I would, but had they actually gone down that path there would have been an answer. PSS is overseen by the police commission (a civilian body) and things don’t just go away without some sort of resolution. I suspect you aren’t getting the whole story here, and it’s shaping your view of these things and you’re spreading it around like it’s a rampant problem.

Yes there are lazy cops but most of the time it’s bonafide resource and legal issues that stop us from just arresting people with a “conviction handed to them”, and just assuming it’s the former isn’t fair to the majority of us who do our jobs properly - especially this particular incident which is very early in the investigation. As the OP said, it doesn’t seem like we are interested and I’d love to know what was actually said to OP that led to the conclusion.

I'm not "spreading it around like it's some rampant problem" I am saying based on my experience, nothing will happen. Several others seem to have had very similar experiences with CPS. I hope the OP has better luck.

Can you shed some light on what should have happened then?

- Generators stolen and posted on Kijiji
    - Kijiji photos containing serial numbers of the stolen goods matched purchase records from the victims.
    - Victims met him and it was the exact same individual, phone number, and meeting place who stole from the victim's colleague only a week or so prior. Also confirmed serial numbers once again, this time in person.
    - Police won't do anything, they complained a lot to whoever would listen, talked to everyone they could, etc. This was extremely time sensitive.
    - After learning the police won't be doing anything to help, and setting it up so the police literally just had to show up, check a serial number, and arrest the guy (or bring him in for questioning, or follow him to his stockpile of other stolen goods, whatever), they went and bought their own merchandise back from the thief because it was cheaper than buying new, and it would be gone to someone else in 1-2 days tops on Kijiji.

Should they have just done nothing, let the crook sell them to some unsuspecting third party instead, and paid double for new generators? Would CPS not arrest (or take some sort of action against) someone in possession of stolen merchandise, and with proof that he stole from others in the exact same way? Doesn't really leave the victims with many options if the only people who can get the stolen goods back are refusing to do anything.

My Ride

I'm not "spreading it around like it's some rampant problem" I am saying based on my experience, nothing will happen. Several others seem to have had very similar experiences with CPS. I hope the OP has better luck.

- Kijiji photos containing serial numbers of the stolen goods matched purchase records from the victims.
    - Victims met him and it was the exact same individual, phone number, and meeting place who stole from the victim's colleague only a week or so prior. Also confirmed serial numbers once again, this time in person.
    - Police won't do anything, they complained a lot to whoever would listen, talked to everyone they could, etc. This was extremely time sensitive.
    - After learning the police won't be doing anything to help, and setting it up so the police literally just had to show up, check a serial number, and arrest the guy (or bring him in for questioning, or follow him to his stockpile of other stolen goods, whatever), they went and bought their own merchandise back from the thief because it was cheaper than buying new, and it would be gone to someone else in 1-2 days tops on Kijiji.

Should they have just done nothing, let the crook sell them to some unsuspecting third party instead, and paid double for new generators? Would CPS not arrest (or take some sort of action against) someone in possession of stolen merchandise, and with proof that he stole from others in the exact same way? Doesn't really leave the victims with many options if the only people who can get the stolen goods back are refusing to do anything.
    Yea I dont quite understand this - I've read (here and elsewhere) where the CPS have shown up with the victim at the Kijiji ad and just claimed the stuff back and the person who was selling was let off the hook - unless they were know criminals in which case they would have been slapped with a PSP.

But again, its dependent on time of day and call stack. If you asked for a meet-up on a Friday or Saturday night, you will 99% of the time be disappointed, esp if the meet up is in a place like 4 District.

I say that you spread this like it's a rampant problem because you've mentioned it in numerous threads seemingly everytime someone wants help from the police or is complaining. YOUR experience does not reflect what will happen every time, and stating it as simple fact doesn't help the situation. That's all I'm saying.

As far as that situation, I don't know all the details. I don't know what exactly the hold up was or why it wasn't dealt with in a way that you or anyone else saw fit, but the fact that we do this all the time and we even have a dedicated unit to deal with this sort of thing tells me that something about this particular situation isn't just as cut and dry as you make it out to be. We don't just ignore our duty to recover property and potentially solve a criminal act. Sometimes it's not just a matter of us "literally showing up" and that's all there is to it, bada bing bada boom. I'm sorry that your perception of this is such, but it's not just that simple.

I'm not going to weigh in on what people should or should not do in terms of recovering their property. People can make their own decisions on that. What I am saying is that (again, because you said REFUSING to do anything) you clearly have your mind made up about how this turned out and given that you and I don't know why investigative decisions were made or why this turned out the way it did, to maybe stop discouraging others and turning them off of what the police may be doing. No two situations are exactly alike, and constantly comparing that to another and then saying "well, they failed me so they'll fail you" is incredibly unhelpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I dont quite understand this - I've read (here and elsewhere) where the CPS have shown up with the victim at the Kijiji ad and just claimed the stuff back and the person who was selling was let off the hook - unless they were know criminals in which case they would have been slapped with a PSP.

But again, its dependent on time of day and call stack. If you asked for a meet-up on a Friday or Saturday night, you will 99% of the time be disappointed, esp if the meet up is in a place like 4 District.
    Exactly. There are so many things happening in this city right now, and even if it seems cut and dry like people think, many times it's not. We can't be everywhere at once and if there are more pressing life and limb matters, property crimes end up falling far down the priority list.

That said, I don't know if that's the case with what mitsu is talking about, and I'd still encourage him to find out why it ended up going the way it did. I for one hope it wasn't due to laziness or incompetence, but none of us know and there is no way to fix it if someone only complains and doesn't use the process in place to prevent it from happening next time.

Anyways, hope the OP's incident is being investigated and something comes of it. That's what matters at the present time.

I'm not "spreading it around like it's some rampant problem"
    Except, it is indeed a rampant problem.

The rampant problem is that policing has gone from to serve and protect, to make money. Period.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yes, Seth, because for example, the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse unit members are actively wondering on how to increase their revenue stream instead of solving cases.

You're so jaded about everything man. Who hurt you? But actually?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Yes, Seth, because for example, the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse unit members are actively wondering on how to increase their revenue stream instead of solving cases.

You're so jaded about everything man. Who hurt you? But actually?
    It's no big secret the Policing has evolved (devolved?) into a source of funding for municipalities and a network to maintain social control. That doesn't mean there aren't vital functions required by our society that are provided but, it doesn't fully negate his train of thought either. You could really get into a conversation about whether current Policing models are a construct of our society or, if the opposite is true? However that's a whole different kettle of fish.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post

The rampant problem is that policing has gone from to serve and protect, to make money. Period.
    Maybe in corporate America-land.

In Canada, policing is in crisis mode right now. There are too many shit heads on drugs doing too many shit things and the judges and the Trudeau government are doing sweet fuck all about it.

There is very little time for regular members to sit there and wait around for someone to break a menial traffic law - unless you're IN the Traffic Unit of course - which is exactly what they do (among crash cleanups, DUI, etc.).

Note that many detachments and districts have (sometimes monthly) quotas, eg. 30 tickets a month, or 1 contact per motorist, per shift (not necessarily a ticket).
    Last edited by revelations; 03-26-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    It's no big secret the Policing has evolved (devolved?) into a source of funding for municipalities and a network to maintain social control. That doesn't mean there aren't vital functions required by our society that are provided but, it doesn't fully negate his train of thought either. You could really get into a conversation about whether current Policing models are a construct of our society or, if the opposite is true? However that's a whole different kettle of fish.
    I think part of this view (the devolving of policing into a municipal funding function) stems from the fact that for a typical law abiding citizen like yourself the only interactions you’ll likely have with police in any frequency are in “money making” situations (ie: traffic tickets).

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post

Even for you, that’s a bold and ridiculous claim. Heavens to Betsy. Wow.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Heavens to Betsy.
    +1, heavens to Betsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by

[QUOTE=phil98z24;4720965
    Even for you, that’s a bold and ridiculous claim. Heavens to Betsy. Wow.
    Let's put it this way Phil:

Since you know what Heavens to Betsy is, then you should probably lead in your particular discipline.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 03-27-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4