Quantcast
Scammed looking for your help *picture of scammer punk added* - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scammed looking for your help *picture of scammer punk added*

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This guy looks like such a tool. Time to bring him down! Organized Beyond Sting?
    You're offering?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

It looks like there is a case number with the police already. With the rental license plate, that could potentially lead to his real identity and eventually, residential address.
    Hopefully the constable in charge is trying to do that.

My Ride
    is Invisible

OP, seeing your video, I suspected that you wouldn't see your bag again. The next time that you run into him take his jacket, sunglasses, shoes, etc., as collateral.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    No offense at all, but why would you confront him? People get stabbed/shot for far less with all the psychos out there, it's not worth it... Things can escalate really fast and no offense again, but shame on your woman for putting you in that situation over a few hundred dollars? She obviously doesn't care.. Am I crazy?
    Not crazy, just a victim of the "hurt feelings" generation. I'd have done the same thing. Sure, there are psychos out there, but I certainly was not raised with the mentality that if someone steals from you, you just let them get away with it. It's the lack of the fear of repercussion or confrontation that allows these guys to continue to get away with shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adidas View Post
    OP, seeing your video, I suspected that you wouldn't see your bag again. The next time that you run into him take his jacket, sunglasses, shoes, etc., as collateral.
    Funny you mention this, he looked scared shitless at the time. I'd have suggested that very thing as well. "Ok, go get the bag, and in the meantime, give me the rest of your envelope of fake cash so I can turn it into the police, your jacket that you "bought" from my friend, and your glasses and hat too while we're at it." He looked scared enough that he would probably comply.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Send him the clip from "Taken". "I will find you and ...." :-)

You should have blocked his car so he couldn’t go then call the cops..

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Its a question of resource allocation. For eg. you have a choice of a case of where some fucknuts beat his GF or some clown buying shit with fake bill.

It depends on the AMOUNT of counterfeit bills. If its 50-100$ they wont bother, but now that this is high profile and this guy has obviously gotten around a lot, the CPS will notice more.
    The two scenarios I was talking about before involved $5000-$7000 generators, two of them. Wasn't even enough for CPS to raise an eyebrow, even with an easy serial number conviction, phone numbers, meeting already set, etc. If they simply showed up they would have got him.

The unfortunate ending to the above story was that the owners actually met the thief (he didn't know they were the victims) and they bought back their own stolen property from the thief themselves, because it was still cheaper than buying a new one or making an insurance claim. After CPS refused to do anything, this became their best option. How sad is that when enabling and rewarding the thief becomes the victim's best option because CPS refuses to do anything? It's an absolute failure.

To add insult to injury, if a citizen showed up to one of those meetings and forcibly took their own property back, THEN the police all of a sudden care, and the victim gets in trouble.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-23-2018 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

What happened to the videos?

No offense at all, but why would you confront him? People get stabbed/shot for far less with all the psychos out there, it's not worth it... Things can escalate really fast
    That was definitely a very bad idea but what baffles me even more is why would you set up the meet at Joes shop? instead of putting yourself at risk the one time you put Joe and his place at risk for who knows how long. If this guy gets caught or he gets wind that this is going around about him(which he deserves) he could very well retaliate

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The two scenarios I was talking about before involved $5000-$7000 generators, two of them. Wasn't even enough for CPS to raise an eyebrow, even with an easy serial number conviction, phone numbers, meeting already set, etc. If they simply showed up they would have got him.

The unfortunate ending to the above story was that the owners actually met the thief (he didn't know they were the victims) and they bought back their own stolen property from the thief themselves, because it was still cheaper than buying a new one or making an insurance claim. After CPS refused to do anything, this became their best option. How sad is that when enabling and rewarding the thief becomes the victim's best option because CPS refuses to do anything? It's an absolute failure.

To add insult to injury, if a citizen showed up to one of those meetings and forcibly took their own property back, THEN the police all of a sudden care, and the victim gets in trouble.
    You keep referring to this case over and over again when you decide to contribute to these threads, so I’m curious as to why you haven’t made a complaint with professional standards and receive an official explanation of why this went down the way you say? This isn’t helpful to the OP, and instead of discouraging him during what’s clearly a very new and ongoing investigation, maybe it would be helpful to just not get all negative about it right now. This hasn’t even had a chance to go anywhere yet and you’re already coming down on the efforts to resolve this.

Chill man!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    That was definitely a very bad idea but what baffles me even more is why would you set up the meet at Joes shop? instead of putting yourself at risk the one time you put Joe and his place at risk for who knows how long. If this guy gets caught or he gets wind that this is going around about him(which he deserves) he could very well retaliate
    Wait. It wasn't even OP's shop? Dafuq.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

What happened to the videos?
    shit head probably flagged video

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Would police advise to take them down if there's an ongoing investigation?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Joe is my best friend, he wanted me to come to the shop and thought that would be best and safest place. CPS has had me take down the videos. The shop has HD cameras everywhere for us to gain footage of the people involved. Trust me I thought of meeting him anywhere else but Joe wanted us to have the footage acquired at the shop. The scammer returned my bag. The investigation is on going.
    Last edited by shadowz; 03-24-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by shadowz View Post
    The scammer returned my bag.
    Details pls

My Ride
    NC1

Joe is my best friend, he wanted me to come to the shop and thought that would be best and safest place. CPS has had me take down the videos. The shop has HD cameras everywhere for us to gain footage of the people involved. Trust me I thought of meeting him anywhere else but Joe wanted us to have the footage acquired at the shop. The scammer returned my bag. The investigation is on going.

Props for keeping your cool and handling it so well. Otherwise

Joes a good guy like that! Glad to hear you got it back

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    You keep referring to this case over and over again when you decide to contribute to these threads, so I’m curious as to why you haven’t made a complaint with professional standards and receive an official explanation of why this went down the way you say? This isn’t helpful to the OP, and instead of discouraging him during what’s clearly a very new and ongoing investigation, maybe it would be helpful to just not get all negative about it right now. This hasn’t even had a chance to go anywhere yet and you’re already coming down on the efforts to resolve this.

Chill man!
    Wouldn't you be frustrated? Anyway, my colleagues who this happened to have already gone down all those avenues to no avail, they have moved on. Nothing ever came of it to my knowledge.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

CPS has had me take down the videos.
    I find that a little odd - you arent naming anyone specifically (looking for info) and I see security tapes of these kinds all the time posted by the CPS. Have they even posted this onto their social media?

You WANT exposure and this clown to be identified, which is exactly what your high quality video did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast