Quantcast
What are your must sees in Japan, Thailand, and Australia - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What are your must sees in Japan, Thailand, and Australia

Default What are your must sees in Japan, Thailand, and Australia

Have some time off for the month of May. Thinking of going for 3 weeks give or take depending on how my aeroplan mutl city routes play out.

Haven’t booked yet so just looking for some input and suggestions on what to see around these areas.

Going with my gf to explore 🌚, prb Need to check out each country for a week or so eh

Japan- hit up Tokyo and maybe Osaka ?

U know I like to hit up all the tourist things check out Disneyland, gardens and palaces n shit
    Mostly just wnaa eat n walk around and shop

Train or fly to Osaka? Worth to see ?

Thailand- Bangkok um where else? Phuket? Pataya? Koh phi?

Train or fly how do u get around ?

Same thing just wana explore. Check out the food and lady boys in the city. Check out the temples, Then maybe get a nice beach hotel in one of those other cities for cpl nights to explore the jungle

Australia- fly to Sydney. Maybe see Melbourne is it worth to check out ?

Don’t Rly know what to do out there just thought since I’m so far south might as well try to check it out ahah

I don’t wana be rushed and could extend trip to 4wks or skip a city/ country or I wanted to check out Indonesia but would like to hear y’all experiences!

Just needing some input to see if it’s enough time to see everything in 3/4days in each city n what’s worth to check out and what’s worth to skip.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I liked Kyoto quite a bit. Three weeks isn't as long as it seems, I think you should shorten your list of destinations and see more in each place.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    rally pig

I would skip Australia and stay in Asia.
    3 weeks I would split it evenly between Japan and Thailand.
    You can add other Asian countries easily too.

For Japan, fly to Tokyo and take bullet train to Kyoto. From Kyoto go to Osaka and take a flight to Thailand.

We've done HK-Thailand-SG-Japan in 2 weeks.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Im in Thailand right now.
    I did a pit stop in Cambodia. Angor Wat blew me away. It really is amazing.
    Just left Chang Mai, did elephant sanctuary, temples and ladyboy caberai..- that was hilarious... heading south...

Depends what you want to do. I defo recommend Angor Wat.. its really something..

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Tokyo .. all good, the Sky tree is cool, shopping, as usual, awesome and affordable ...

MUST SEE the 70 ft Unicorn GUNDAM!!!!

Kyoto, make sure enjoy their coffee, many col unique coffee shops ^_^

Thailand .... Ice tea in plastic bag! (and whatever tasty food in plastic bag on streets ..)

Problem is, when you come back to Calgary from Japan and Thailand, you don't want to eat anything here .. other than timbits and double double!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Did u train around? Train to Chang mai and Angor wat?

Didn’t know Kyoto and Osaka was so close together. Will have to check both out

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by bowsth View Post

I flew into Phnon Phem (Cambodia) on a Thursday afternoon, Visa $30 USD. I ignored the touts and walked out of the airport and jumped in a tuk tuk to the hostel ($6 USD). The next day I did the killing fields and S22. That shit is fucked up, I needed a drink after. But I would say its compulsory to see that, hell I would make it manditory for every human on the planet to see that.

The next day I took the 'local' bus to Siem reap ($9 USD) as im a cheap ass. You can take the one more geared for tourists (Giant Ibis Bus $19 USD). Takes about six hours. Again you can fly.
    I got the Angor Wat three day pass is $67 USD. Tuk Tuk $15 USD per day plus $5 for sunrise. I did two days then left.

I crossed over the border to Thailand, takes about a day.
    from bangkok I took a mini van to Ayutthaya, its about a hour outside of Bangkok. Did temples etc. A day trip.

I got the night train from Bangkok to Chang Mai. You have to book this three days in advance otherwise it gets full. It cost about $40-50ish CAN.
    You can also fly, like with everything prices go up. But internal flights are cheap. If your going for three weeks, take internal flights. You can fly from Siem Reap(Angor) to Bangkok pretty easy.

I just got into Koh Lanta on the overnight bus and found a super cheap hostel. I realised why its so cheap, hence im moving to another one tomorrow . I prob rent a scooter 200 B, then the next day do a island tour $600-1200 B about $25-$60 Can.

My Ride
    rally pig

Most tourists that plans to go to Kyoto will most likely be coming from Osaka.
    We could have taken a train but as we landed after 11pm we had no choice but to take the last buss of the day to Kyoto (1 hour ride)

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Flying in Thailand is super cheap and we choose to fly over bus. Faster, got a good night sleep, no shitty train/ bus to sleep on. angkor wat was super awesome would totally recommend it.

If your into hookers then Bangkok is a must... if not pass. Every white creep on the planet hangs out in Bangkok.

Seafood in the south of thialand,is great and cheap, I wish we would have spent more time there.