Quantcast
Turban = No Helmet in AB. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: Turban = No Helmet in AB.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C43 Coupe
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Such a dumb decision, I'm surprised it actually passed. It's unbelievable the things people are willing to fight for under the pretense of religion These kind of rules should stay in India.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This is stupid. But meh..its perhaps a small group.
    I recall my friends (years ago) take off thier turban and tieing up thier hair and just riding with a bigger/specfic helmets you can get.
    The only thing I would add is if they want to ride without a helmet, then they have to be manditory organ donors.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...
    Posts
    8,728
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as they have to pay their own medical bills or we charge Sikhs significantly more for motorcycle licenses I give 0 fucks.
    THIS!!!!...

    And I say this as a brown person...If they are footing their bills for any potential medical attention, and insurances then coolio!!...

    But other than that....this new mandate is complete bullshit...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    It's catering to special interest groups and it's bullshit. The ONLY way I'd support this decision is if it's applied across the board and far higher premiums are levied by those who make the CHOICE to ride helmet free.

    I saw a guy argue on spikerS fbook page that a turban has so much cloth it's more or less equal in protection as a helmet. Wtf?

    This underscores my post in another thread that says the vocal few change society, often at a detriment to the whole.

    Edit - also in before the "if you don't support this you're racist/why do you hate religious tolerance" crowd shows up. You can all go eat a dick or, whatever is contrary to your typical preference.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-31-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 300havoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our tax dollars already go towards the people that crash riding with T-shirts and shorts, or who get thrown out of their vehicles because they weren't wearing seatbelts.
    Yes... Although the former isn't against the law, so unless they mandated mandatory safety gear (which wouldn't be a bad idea) then its moot.

    The latter is a far better example, though in that situation as well I would argue those who don't utilize law-required seatbelts also should forfeit their right to free treatment.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    My only issue is that if one group isn't required, then nobody should be required. I couldn't care less if someone want to risk their melon while riding a bike. I am sure the average individual costs of each head trauma case will go up, but I wonder if the increased amount of deaths would balance that out.
    Bob Blakeborough

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it intriguing how a special interest group with no significant numbers can get legislation passed in this NDP government, when so many other important issues are left to simmer.
    They are probably digging up anything the can that to try to rope the UCP into issues that have any racial or religious angles involved to start fueling the narrative that the UCP is a party of racists and hatemongers. The NDP probably doesn't agree with they themselves just did, its just bait on the hook...
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Allowing certain people to circumvent the law because they believe in an invisible man. It begins.

    What a world.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I am all for this is if I can decide it’s against my religion to pay taxes.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are probably digging up anything the can that to try to rope the UCP into issues that have any racial or religious angles involved to start fueling the narrative that the UCP is a party of racists and hatemongers. The NDP probably doesn't agree with they themselves just did, its just bait on the hook...
    I suspect that the vast majority of Albertans are against this new law. If so, the NDP just further signed their own death wish.

    Why would they do that?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am all for this is if I can decide it’s against my religion to pay taxes.
    Given that taxes are mentioned many times in religions texts, your point has significantly more validity than this law.

    I don't know of any religious texts that mention what to wear on your head when you ride a motorcycle.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,380
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This happened a few years ago in BC - you cant allow one religious group an exemption and not another. Utterly idiotic.

    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pastaf...hoto-1.1960281

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,961
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect that the vast majority of Albertans are against this new law. If so, the NDP just further signed their own death wish.

    Why would they do that?
    This will not be the demise of the NDP..
    Ciao, beyond.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This will not be the demise of the NDP..
    Can you be less vague?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect that the vast majority of Albertans are against this new law. If so, the NDP just further signed their own death wish.

    Why would they do that?
    Why have they done any of the silliness, because NDP....
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why have they done any of the silliness, because NDP....
    I see your point, but I still don't understand how a political party could be this stupid. As in, really piss off the vast majority and lose significant votes, in order to gain so little votes. It doesn't seem to make any sense.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,587
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point, but I still don't understand how a political party could be this stupid. As in, really piss off the vast majority and lose significant votes, in order to gain so little votes. It doesn't seem to make any sense.
    The percentage of voters that will consider this issue to be highly important in the election is vanishingly small.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Iím trying to find a way to spin this so that I can legally split lanes

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The percentage of voters that will consider this issue to be highly important in the election is vanishingly small.
    Nope. This is it. Out of all the things the NDP have done. THIS is the one thing that will bring them down.

    Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím trying to find a way to spin this so that I can legally split lanes
    Step 1) Start your own religion
    Step 2) Claim lane splitting is your religious right
    Step 3) ???
    Step 4) Profit

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point, but I still don't understand how a political party could be this stupid. As in, really piss off the vast majority and lose significant votes, in order to gain so little votes. It doesn't seem to make any sense.
    It's just a means of ignition, just wait and see what else comes out in the next year. The NDP drastic cuts campaign was a lead balloon, so now it'll be about issues around minority groups to try get that all important lake of fire type comment.
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Turban-wearing Sikhs lose exception to ride motorcycles without helmets.

    By spikerS in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 158
    Latest Threads: 09-15-2014, 09:28 PM
  2. Spotted: 22x + scoooter + turban

    By Hallowed_point in forum Street Encounters
    Replies: 20
    Latest Threads: 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM
  3. fs: snowboard helmet (RUROC HALO looking helmet)

    By Krazie in forum Fitness & Sports Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
  4. helmet to helmet

    By theken in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 02-07-2008, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •