Quantcast
Amazon Prime (split) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime (split)

Default Amazon Prime (split)

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit off topic, but regarding Amazon, their valuation is complete BS IMO. Next to Tesla there is no other company I'd rather hold a short position on right now. Amazon's creative accounting (that's putting it mildly), in addition to their Prime membership nonsense...and now the USPS stuff breaking...NO better time to get out of Amazon then right now IMO.

The way that Wall St and the market have turned a blind eye to how Amazon's valuation is determined, and its violations of GAAP, simply cannot last forever, and with Trump and Bezos putting the company in the crosshairs of the media what with the constant sparring...this BS they've gotten away with up until now simply can't last forever.

The CEO of one of the best performing funds I've been invested in for a number of years wrote a pretty accurate piece recently. Link below.

More here: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/411d8...47b1ad1662.pdf
    What do u mean by “prime membership nonsense”

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Meh. I got Prime, I fucking hate how Amazon changes delivery dates on me after I order a product. Thanks fuckers.

Prime TV is a fucking joke.

No family plan with Prime Canada either.

My Ride
    Silverado

i agree that prime has been fucking with my 2 day guaranteed delivery. It'll say 2 day prime, and then after I order its like JKLOLZ 2 weeks KTHXBAI

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Meh. I got Prime, I fucking hate how Amazon changes delivery dates on me after I order a product. Thanks fuckers.

Prime TV is a fucking joke.

No family plan with Prime Canada either.
    With zero recourse. Ive oedered many things becauae it said next day, then no showing up for 4. Trying to sibmit a complaint online is bullshit, hidden and get nowhere then after 2 phone calls wasting my time they offered me $5.

Crimianl false advertisong almost every order is late.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Off topic on Amazon, but Prime is pretty awesome in the US in major cities. I agree that it sucks in Canada in terms of delivery commitments, mostly because their partner Intelcom sucks ass. It's actually better during peak season, as Intelcom gets maxxed out and Amazon starts using FedEx/UPS/DHL and Canada Post/Purolator. Luck of the draw though which service your Prime order goes through.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's really rare that my prime shipments are late. Occasionally intellcom brings it around 9:00am when it was supposed to be there the evening before, but that doesn't bother me.

Maybe the intellcom guy for my neighborhood is the best in the city, but I have no issues with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's really rare that my prime shipments are late. Occasionally intellcom brings it around 9:00am when it was supposed to be there the evening before, but that doesn't bother me.

Maybe the intellcom guy for my neighborhood is the best in the city, but I have no issues with them.

I even get deliveries on Sundays now. Interesting thing is it's usually the same lady that delivers my Canada Post mail... i think she has a weekend job delivering for Intelcom on the same route as her Canada Post route.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

+1
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Nothing to do with who the delivery provider is. What happens is that when I look at an item, it says "delivery in 2 days" or whatever. Then when I buy it, after I have paid, the delivery time will change to "two weeks".

Even worse, I've had stuff that says it will arrive by a certain date, and two weeks later I get it.

Always with books.

My Ride
    rally pig

Only time I got a late delivery was when we got the snowstorm back in February.

There have been times I thought they were delayed but the courier delivered the package in the evening like 7pm.

Off topic on Amazon, but Prime is pretty awesome in the US in major cities. I agree that it sucks in Canada in terms of delivery commitments, mostly because their partner Intelcom sucks ass. It's actually better during peak season, as Intelcom gets maxxed out and Amazon starts using FedEx/UPS/DHL and Canada Post/Purolator. Luck of the draw though which service your Prime order goes through.
    Agreed, but this wasn't what I meant by Prime Membership nonsense. If you read the link I posted, it clearly points out how Amazon's selling of Prime memberships and using it as a big booster for its valuation is complete crap, and how it's financially actually damaging the company, and badly. I have Prime as well, who doesn't, but that doesn't mean it's some masterminded corporate play - it's complete BS in fact, and the chickens will come home to roost on that score eventually. The bill always comes due, you can't play the games Amazon is forever, same as Tesla, and it's going to catch up to them in a year or two, even less.

Tildeer- I wasn't saying that Prime's function so far as how we end users see it and use it was BS, only that it's not some miracle money maker for Amazon as they claim, and that in fact it's losing them major money in this place called "reality", and they can only fake out GAAP for so long before the market will embrace sense. Again, read the link I posted, indisputable facts regarding Amazon, Prime, and other issues, not even counting the USPS nonsense that has recently come to light. Amazon is in big shit, I hold zero of their stock now, but did well with them like everyone else for a time, until evidence starting coming out about their manipulation of their valuation in the last year or so. Bezos is going to have to face the music sooner than later. What I find amusing is Bezos's criticism of Trump and his business practices, valid or not, when his own are equally unscrupulous, and downright illegal as well. You can run, but you can't hide. I'll revisit this threat in the next year or two after Amazon takes it right up the ass, along with all their holders, and not due to an overall adjustment/etc, but specifically due to their own BS practices.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-02-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Nothing to do with who the delivery provider is. What happens is that when I look at an item, it says "delivery in 2 days" or whatever. Then when I buy it, after I have paid, the delivery time will change to "two weeks".

Even worse, I've had stuff that says it will arrive by a certain date, and two weeks later I get it.

Always with books.
    You sure you’re not ordering from amazon.com as opposed to amazon.ca? Can’t do that and still get prime as far as I know but I’m sure you know that haha.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences

Of course using .ca.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Of course using .ca.
    I've never had this issue once. As long as you are buying stuff "Prime" then you shouldn't be having 2 week delays. I might get something a day later, but never 2 weeks. If this did happen(unlikely), just contact their support and they'll reship the item or give you a credit after it being a few days late.

You guys must not use Amazon much. I just got some welding sleeves, " get it by April 2." And I got it today.

I honestly think out of dozens of orfers ive never got the 1 day on time and the 2 day maybe half the time.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 04-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:24 PM.

I think regular amazon delivery is pretty awesome. The only thing is, they tend to send me packages with the black "prime" packaging tape, making my neighbors think I'm spending extra money for it - I guess.

Then again, I'm pretty much ok with waiting 60+ days for something off aliexpress.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

I've maybe had one thing arrive a day late, from ordering maybe 30+ annually

Great Service!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast