Quantcast
Who are the Beyond dentists again? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who are the Beyond dentists again?

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Who are the Beyond dentists again?

As above, who are the Beyond dentists again? Any of them cool with sedation dentistry or prescribing anxiety meds for procedures?

TIA

[url]

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

@VWEvo and @GTS Jeff

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

@B18C as well. @GTS Jeff needs to buy a Tesla to fit in.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CBR 929

Do you guys know an office or practice name?...

[url]

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

@B18C is Concept Dentistry

My Ride
    Axis powers

I tried nitrous for a root canal and it made the experience way worse I think as I had anxiety the whole time
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tried nitrous for a root canal and it made the experience way worse I think as I had anxiety the whole time
    You need to try prescription meds... I prefer Ativan and have various doses depending on what I am having done. 2mg of Ativan and I slept through my last root canal (you are awake enough to follow instructions etc... but I dont remember very much of it, and you definitely can't drive, just go home and sleep it off).

[url]

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by bignerd View Post
    You need to try prescription meds... I prefer Ativan and have various doses depending on what I am having done. 2mg of Ativan and I slept through my last root canal (you are awake enough to follow instructions etc... but I dont remember very much of it, and you definitely can't drive, just go home and sleep it off).
    I have ativan but I drove myself that time and couldn't use it, plus I try to avoid taking it as much as I can
    Sig nuked by mod.

How do you guys get Ativan? Will family doctors prescribe it if you have an upcoming dentist appt?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    How do you guys get Ativan? Will family doctors prescribe it if you have an upcoming dentist appt?
    I have diagnosed anxiety so that's why I have it
    It's habit forming and can be highly addictive too so it's fairly controlled
    Last edited by adam c; 04-08-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

+1 for Concept Dentistry (Archie).

However, if you have had issues with past root canals - I would strongly suggest a location that offers lasers instead of drills. I had a bad, bad infection (caused by bruxism, which killed my tooth from the inside out) and even with antibiotics before the chair, plus 100% numbness on pretty much the left side of my face, I was still jumping in the chair and my dentist in Vancouver took out his laser and went to work. No more pain and all I felt was a little warmth from the laser.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Maybe this is a good place to post this, but what IS laser dentistry?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Its a small tool, about the size of a drill, thats used to blast away damaged/decayed tooth. Its attached to a large machine with fiber optics.

Its good at cauterizing in-situ, esp in really sensitive areas, but the tooth still needs to be prepped mechanically for treatment after the laser has been used.

I know waaaayyy too much about all this as I've had 7 root canals..... and a history of cavities, extractions, braces, etc.

Fortunately I had most of these issues fixed by my 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by bignerd View Post
    As above, who are the Beyond dentists again? Any of them cool with sedation dentistry or prescribing anxiety meds for procedures?

TIA
    I can chime in here. There are different levels of sedation dentistry. Depending on what level of sedation you require and also what exactly you need done I would be happy to help you. In terms of oral sedation, the most basic kind is using Ativan and it is fairly effective. This would need to be prescribed by the dentist who is performing the work as there are important instructions to follow (ie. no food or drink prior, and definitely no driving). Alternatively if you need a deeper level of sedation (ie. IV Sedation), there are a great couple of dentists that I can recommend you. Depending where you live in the city, we have 13 locations and I can make sure you see the right dentist.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by VWEvo View Post
    I can chime in here. There are different levels of sedation dentistry. Depending on what level of sedation you require and also what exactly you need done I would be happy to help you. In terms of oral sedation, the most basic kind is using Ativan and it is fairly effective. This would need to be prescribed by the dentist who is performing the work as there are important instructions to follow (ie. no food or drink prior, and definitely no driving). Alternatively if you need a deeper level of sedation (ie. IV Sedation), there are a great couple of dentists that I can recommend you. Depending where you live in the city, we have 13 locations and I can make sure you see the right dentist.
    I seem to manage well with Ativan, all started with some difficulty in getting my lower jaw frozen... I have had to have freezing via stabident a few times. I generally only use the meds when having work done on the lower jaw. So good to know that you are cool with that. What company or practice are you with? Currently right now (that I know of)I have two prior crowns with cavities under them that need replacing, one worse than the other, and one filling that is failing. All upper jaw and crowns have root canals so should be easy on my part.
    Last edited by bignerd; 04-16-2018 at 11:03 PM.

[url]

My Ride
    CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I have had both my family DR or my dentist prescribe it in the past. They will only prescribe you a few pills as that is all you need.

[url]

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I have this insane phobia and utter terror of dentists. I have literally ripped off the arm covering of a dentists chair during a procedure, and that was while on nitrous.

I know my teeth are in dire need as it has probably been 25 years since I went to one (if you don't count that tooth extraction), but I am scared shitless. I would literally rather face down anything else than a dentist.

What's the best option out there for me? I am probably looking at an all day visit to get all my teeth fixed up.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sedative bro, and lots of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I have this insane phobia and utter terror of dentists. I have literally ripped off the arm covering of a dentists chair during a procedure, and that was while on nitrous.

I know my teeth are in dire need as it has probably been 25 years since I went to one (if you don't count that tooth extraction), but I am scared shitless. I would literally rather face down anything else than a dentist.

What's the best option out there for me? I am probably looking at an all day visit to get all my teeth fixed up.
    I have the same problem, can't even get a needle in me. Eventually, after I literally lost several teeth from eating a fucking steak, had no choice and ended up going to Arbour Lake Dental for their sedation method. It ain't cheap though.

Basically pop a couple of roofies, and you won't remember the last 24 hours. The biggest work I had done, I had 7 root canals, a bridge to fix 4 upper fronts, an implant, and 2 crowns all in 1 shot. Don't remember the procedure at all, last thing I remember was popping the pills in the quiet room, and woke up in my bed at home a day later. Popped Tylenol 3 for 2 days, and fully recovered after that.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4x4

There's a dentist down in Lethbridge who does general anesthetic dentistry. Think it's about 800$ to get fully knocked out.

I'm not allowed back at arbour lake after getting super combative with the dentist. Sedation works with anxiety not true phobias.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast