Quantcast
Meal delivery in Airdrie? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Meal delivery in Airdrie?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default Meal delivery in Airdrie?

Hey Beyond,

A former colleague of mine is going through some tough times; her partner is critically ill and will be hospitalized for an unforeseen period of time as he continues to recover. They have a young son so she's been working, visiting at the hospital, and then driving home to Airdrie to take care of their boy. I can't imagine how taxing it is for her.

Our team has been collecting some money and trying to come up with suggestions to show our support during this time. We've gotten suggestions such as using the money to assist with parking fees or for meals so that it's at least one thing off her checklist.

Has anyone done something similar? Any suggestions regarding food? Time is money, so I think that having some pre-made meals would relieve considerable stress from her having to prepare meals. I've looked at some skipthedishes.ca places in Airdrie, but it's mostly fast food so I'm a bit stumped.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Beyond,

A former colleague of mine is going through some tough times; her partner is critically ill and will be hospitalized for an unforeseen period of time as he continues to recover. They have a young son so she's been working, visiting at the hospital, and then driving home to Airdrie to take care of their boy. I can't imagine how taxing it is for her.

Our team has been collecting some money and trying to come up with suggestions to show our support during this time. We've gotten suggestions such as using the money to assist with parking fees or for meals so that it's at least one thing off her checklist.

Has anyone done something similar? Any suggestions regarding food? Time is money, so I think that having some pre-made meals would relieve considerable stress from her having to prepare meals. I've looked at some skipthedishes.ca places in Airdrie, but it's mostly fast food so I'm a bit stumped.
    Instead I would suggest pre-made ingredients type places. These are basically pre-assembled raw ingredients that are prepared (cut, packaged, portioned, etc) and you basically just throw everything together and cook. It's designed so stuff can be easily frozen and thawed in the fridge the night before cooking is required.

$500 will easily get a family close to a month's worth of meals, probably good idea to see if they have the space (or get them gift cards for multiple purchases).

Edit-
    Someplace like this is what I am thinking of. Hell, they even have free delivery apparently.
    https://mealsmadeeasy.ca/

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

This place has made meals but doesn't deliver to Airdrie. I would bet someone on your team is willing to go pick some of this stuff and personally deliver it...
    They've got several locations in Calgary.

https://www.madefoods.com/menu/
    Last edited by jwslam; 04-05-2018 at 02:44 PM.

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Instead I would suggest pre-made ingredients type places....
    https://mealsmadeeasy.ca/
    My neighbours have used Chef's Plate https://www.chefsplate.com and had success with it. I've personally used Hello Fresh https://www.hellofresh.ca which turned out really good. Just like HiTemp said, al the ingredients are included, fresh, with the recipes to throw it all together. Lots of different variety per week which is also nice, and you can choose the week before what you want to get. Hello Fresh's weekly delivery is Tuesday IIRC. All the meals I got from them took less than 30 mins start to finish, and they were really tasty.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Chefs Plate and Good Food are two meal ingredient delivery options. Or check out Dashing Dishes.
    if you want a referral to Chefs plate that gets you a couple free meals, PM me thier email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Wow, thanks for the great suggestions guys. I will take a look through each of those sites. That's exactly what I was hoping for as fast food from Skip The Dishes isn't ideal over the long term.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Wow, thanks for the great suggestions guys. I will take a look through each of those sites. That's exactly what I was hoping for as fast food from Skip The Dishes isn't ideal over the long term.
    +1 for the pre-prepped meal suggestions, just wanted to add that Nomme seems to be more prevalent for food delivery in Airdrie.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

When I lived in Airdire I found Just-Eat.ca had more selection than skipthedishes. Still mostly fast food type stuff though.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thought I'd throw this here. I have two codes for a free box from "good food box". First two members to PM me a compliment get them. I don't think I get anything from these ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?