Quantcast
Possible front license plate lobbying effort. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible front license plate lobbying effort.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Possible front license plate lobbying effort.

Tl;dr: Blackfalds council and other municipalities met with RCMP regarding crime fighting initiatives. Best they could come up with was bringing back front license plates. Blackfalds council discussed it on Mar. 27th and passed a resolution to investigate it further. Task force created and results expected on Apr. 24th. Results will determine if Blackfalds and other municipalities will approach AUMA to lobby the provincial government to bring back front license plates for all Albertans.

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/577645/...plates-alberta

Fuck me, I voted for the wrong people to run this town. I plan on going in to the town office and saying something about this.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What in the actual fuck is wrong with people on 2018.

Holistic statement.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue boy

The police would first have to care about looking for stolen vehicles. Not sure what a front plate is going to accomplish because no cop is going to be running that plate anyway. Cops don't patrol parking lots

I suspect it will pass as it will make more money for the town.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    The police would first have to care about looking for stolen vehicles. Not sure what a front plate is going to accomplish because no cop is going to be running that plate anyway. Cops don't patrol parking lots
    Makes it easier to position photo radar cameras.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Would be a benefit to the city in terms of park plus revenues.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

111 cars stolen on average per week! Who can keep up with that?
    And what makes you think cops don't patrol parking lots?

Edit: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rate-1.4512062
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    something green

Front plates? So what, now they will steal both your plates when going on crime sprees? Or even bother with plates? If the judicial community won't put them away for assaults and property crimes, will they put them away for motor vehicle act violations?
    The bottom line is something has to happen with these habitual offenders, rather than processing them and then letting them go the next day, if that.
    I had one customer of mine tell me that the guy they busted twice breaking into their building, was hanging around again in the same area a day later.
    Are people really against real incarceration these days?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Are people really against real incarceration these days?
    People have this weird idea that people change. People don't change. They choose whether they want to stop being shitty people. I've met shitty people who stop being shitty people. They are still the same person. They just don't do shitty things.

Like addicts, people with this mindset are practically impossible to help because they don't want help. Modern day society states that we just need to give them MORE help (in terms of time, effort, and money) and eventually, they can all be cured (criminals or addicts, take your pick). Therefore, its morally offensive to lock people up just because we won't help them.

Really, its all our own faults that these people are the way they are. ( insert facepalm here)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    111 cars stolen on average per week! Who can keep up with that?
    And what makes you think cops don't patrol parking lots?

Edit: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rate-1.4512062
    You ever had a car stolen or had your place broke in door known anyone that has? The cops do paperwork for stats, nothing more. Even if you find your stolen car at the thiefs work 3 blocks from a main police station and call the police to come arrest him they won't show up until 4 hours later after you've called them 5 times saying it's escalating, and eventually say looks like he
    Has a weapon. You can't tell me they were so busy on a week day that it takes them half a business day to respond to that, and if it does their priorities are out of wack because they clearly have time to pull you over for minor traffic violations that aren't even criminal.

That same thief arrested in the car who is known to everyone as a car thief (responsible for 3 different thefts of hondas from peoplei know) doesn't even get jail time. That's Canadian justice. And we wonder why people want to defend their property rather then call the police...

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

“We realized that we didn’t have enough information,” Poole explains. “We felt intuitively that it would be helpful but we didn’t have enough information as to whether it would actually be helpful or not.”

How about name tags?

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Tl;dr: Blackfalds council and other municipalities met with RCMP regarding crime fighting initiatives. Best they could come up with was bringing back front license plates. Blackfalds council discussed it on Mar. 27th and passed a resolution to investigate it further. Task force created and results expected on Apr. 24th. Results will determine if Blackfalds and other municipalities will approach AUMA to lobby the provincial government to bring back front license plates for all Albertans.

http://rdnewsnow.com/article/577645/...plates-alberta

Fuck me, I voted for the wrong people to run this town. I plan on going in to the town office and saying something about this.
    you like voting "lefties" in eh. this is the shit you get, and quite frankly deserve. Hopefully you'll learn this time.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by EnRichii View Post
    you like voting "lefties" in eh. this is the shit you get, and quite frankly deserve. Hopefully you'll learn this time.
    Yah my own stupidity. However, I place the initial blame on the RCMP for pushing for it. I don't think the council would have came up with this plan at all had it not been for the RCMP. I then blame the 5 council members for voting in favor of passing the resolution. I will not be voting for those members again just from the sheer stupidity of even considering this as a proper solution to the problem.

Just fucking unreal that they think this is the solution.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    You ever had a car stolen or had your place broke in door known anyone that has? The cops do paperwork for stats, nothing more. Even if you find your stolen car at the thiefs work 3 blocks from a main police station and call the police to come arrest him they won't show up until 4 hours later after you've called them 5 times saying it's escalating, and eventually say looks like he
    Has a weapon. You can't tell me they were so busy on a week day that it takes them half a business day to respond to that, and if it does their priorities are out of wack because they clearly have time to pull you over for minor traffic violations that aren't even criminal.

That same thief arrested in the car who is known to everyone as a car thief (responsible for 3 different thefts of hondas from peoplei know) doesn't even get jail time. That's Canadian justice. And we wonder why people want to defend their property rather then call the police...
    That was painful to read.

Yes, I have had my car stolen once. It sucked. It was found by cops, dumped and trashed 5 days later. It was stolen from the SAIT parkade many years ago, no idea what time as I showed up after my shift and it was gone. Now what kind of police response do you think that requires? A priority 1? No, this has now become a low priority call with many pri1 and pri2 calls ahead of it. Please don't assume that because there's a cop shop nearby that the popo just sit around the station and wait for calls to come in, that's just not how it is.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

What does this have to do with lefties...I hate front plates as much as every other car enthusiast, but having grown up in Vancouver, I always wondered how the cops here in Calgary find cars without the help of front plate, it's just common sense. That being said..I hope it doesn't happen, it just looks so damn ugly.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would rather never find my car than have to put a front license plate on it.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Yah my own stupidity. However, I place the initial blame on the RCMP for pushing for it. I don't think the council would have came up with this plan at all had it not been for the RCMP. I then blame the 5 council members for voting in favor of passing the resolution. I will not be voting for those members again just from the sheer stupidity of even considering this as a proper solution to the problem.

Just fucking unreal that they think this is the solution.
    bro just let this be a learning lesson for you in general. NEVER vote "left" on anything in the future, period. They just ruin everything they touch. Look at how fucked up Alberta is with the NDP running the shit. Look at Ontario, most indebted people on earth, lefty run for the last decade and a half. Look at Trudeau ruining Canada. Look at Sweden. Its all fucked! lol ok I'll stop ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    People have this weird idea that people change. People don't change. They choose whether they want to stop being shitty people. I've met shitty people who stop being shitty people. They are still the same person. They just don't do shitty things.

Like addicts, people with this mindset are practically impossible to help because they don't want help. Modern day society states that we just need to give them MORE help (in terms of time, effort, and money) and eventually, they can all be cured (criminals or addicts, take your pick). Therefore, its morally offensive to lock people up just because we won't help them.

Really, its all our own faults that these people are the way they are. ( insert facepalm here)
    You'll like this article. Really shows just how fucked up the justice system is these days.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...atory-minimum/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    That was painful to read.

Yes, I have had my car stolen once. It sucked. It was found by cops, dumped and trashed 5 days later. It was stolen from the SAIT parkade many years ago, no idea what time as I showed up after my shift and it was gone. Now what kind of police response do you think that requires? A priority 1? No, this has now become a low priority call with many pri1 and pri2 calls ahead of it. Please don't assume that because there's a cop shop nearby that the popo just sit around the station and wait for calls to come in, that's just not how it is.
    I apologize for the essay from my phone, that truly became a mess, but what priority do you think "I'm standing in front of my stolen car with the guy who stole it inside of it trying to figure out how to start it and get away" warrants? A 4 hour wait? Higher or lower priority than shuffling paperwork, or giving a guy a ticket for tint? The large part of the problem is that the priority for catching thieves is so low that even when it's handed to cops on a silver platter they don't care.

When they ask for front plates saying that is to help catch car thieves I laugh as that is a complete joke and won't do anything except cost the province more money and us more money. I've been dealing with theft recoveries for a decade and I can count on my hand the amount of times a thief was caught with the stolen vehicle. The majority of thefts are found a month later abandoned after neighbors called it in as a abandoned car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast