Classified sites... grr... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Classified sites... grr...

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just fucking unbelievable

Lined up 2 cars to see in Edmonton today, made the trip and try and get a hold of the people.
    First person, sold the car, fine that happens but fuck sake at least let me know
    Second person, not answering/responding
    Edmontonians can eat a dick. Went to look at a car up there once, supposedly in mint condition with no issues. The dash was lit up like a Christmas tree

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

this reminds me of this one guy off of kijiji he had some m3 parts he wanted to sell I asked him if he would part only the rotors and not the calipers he said no then I told him ok I wont take any of them.

He had lights, side markers also we agreed on a set price of $40 for 2, he asks me when can I pick them up, I told him I can come right now on the spot he replies with oh I cant now I'm going to a hockey game, I can bring them with me to work and you can come pick them up I'm done work at 2.

I made sure to ask him if the side markers had any damage or cracks he tells me no they are in perfect condition.

I live all the way in auburn bay and had to drive to deer foot and McKnight, so I decided to go and spend time at my uncles place I msged him when I got to the NE he said hes done at 2 and will meet up with me by that time. 2 rolls around and I msg him I hear nothing untell 4pm he msgs me saying oh he was stuck in meeting, ok fair enough I msg him right away saying ok where can we meet.... no answer then I get a msg saying oh he noticed one of the markers had a small crack and that hes gonna go home and get another one because he had a few of them then never hared from him again I wasted my whole day waiting for buddy, for him to flake on me

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Just fucking unbelievable

Lined up 2 cars to see in Edmonton today, made the trip and try and get a hold of the people.
    First person, sold the car, fine that happens but fuck sake at least let me know
    Second person, not answering/responding
    Always confirm before leaving to go meet people! Been burned like that once before, never again. If I don't get a reply/email back before I leave the house I won't bother wasting my time.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    Always confirm before leaving to go meet people! Been burned like that once before, never again. If I don't get a reply/email back before I leave the house I won't bother wasting my time.

Lesson learned, didn’t think about it since it was confirmed 2x yesterday
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Depends on my mood...

How about sellers who have several parties interested in the same item/vehicle purposely schedule a meeting with all of them at the same time in order to entice a curbside auction to drive up the price?

Believe it or not, this has happened to me on more than one occasion. And I have simply walked away, refusing to participate. It’s quite a surprise to show up and see several other guys scratching their heads wondering what the hell is going on. Even worse, people are willing to get involved into said bidding war. It’s extremely underhanded and weasely in my opinion.

Oh, and people who post their item and have no set price and just write “Taking Offers” Then when you ask what they want for the item, again - they say just throw out a number... you do... and they respond “that’s too low” or they get angry and start acting as if you’ve lowballed them.

What in the actual fuck???

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper1986 View Post
    this reminds me of this one guy off of kijiji he had some m3 parts he wanted to sell I asked him if he would part only the rotors and not the calipers he said no then I told him ok I wont take any of them.

He had lights, side markers also we agreed on a set price of $40 for 2, he asks me when can I pick them up, I told him I can come right now on the spot he replies with oh I cant now I'm going to a hockey game, I can bring them with me to work and you can come pick them up I'm done work at 2.

I made sure to ask him if the side markers had any damage or cracks he tells me no they are in perfect condition.

I live all the way in auburn bay and had to drive to deer foot and McKnight, so I decided to go and spend time at my uncles place I msged him when I got to the NE he said hes done at 2 and will meet up with me by that time. 2 rolls around and I msg him I hear nothing untell 4pm he msgs me saying oh he was stuck in meeting, ok fair enough I msg him right away saying ok where can we meet.... no answer then I get a msg saying oh he noticed one of the markers had a small crack and that hes gonna go home and get another one because he had a few of them then never hared from him again I wasted my whole day waiting for buddy, for him to flake on me
    It wasn't amear from this forum was it? Didn't he pull some crazy stunt during a sale with the help of his dad or something???
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    It wasn't amear from this forum was it? Didn't he pull some crazy stunt during a sale with the help of his dad or something???
    no this guys name was NAV
    goes by the name of "navdeep" on here

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

So we dont use kijiji because of the amount of times we have encountered people that are useless however my wife attempts to sell old shit on facebook and usually people are pretty honest, we or them leave a tuppaware of shit out on the porch, you open the box and take the bag or item with your name on it and then put the money in a ziploc. Anyway today we left out some baby items that were clearly marked with one ladies name. Some other lady who was buying something else took her item and their items and didn't pay and then left. Meanwhile the other lady turned up wondering where her items were. So after work I had to drive out to fucking cochrane to pickup this shit the lady fucking took and then tomorrow night I have to drive to canyon meadows to drop it off...

And she still didn't pay, my wife told me that she would give me $5 for the item she was supposed to take when I got there, when I did get there A) she wasnt home and B) after 10 mins when she did get home she asked me if I had change for $50...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's as reasonable of an open I question as any. People get worked up over the weirdest things.

Waaaaay better than people who send a number without any discussion.
    Exactly. Most people DON'T take their ads down immediately, or at all. Unlike us car guys, most people using Kijiji is a once in a couple year thing, not constantly scrounging for cars and car parts.

"Still available?" is the equivalent of "Hello" for online buy/sell. Anyone that gets irritated about that needs their damn head checked

Then again, we're on the site where people can afford to give aways thousands of free money just not to deal with the "hassle" of selling privately, so...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Holy shit, I've bought and sold about 12 vehicles on Kijiji the last 10 years (cars, trucks, bikes, boat) and, with the exception of one case, they all went very smoothly.

You have to take the emotion out of it. There will be time wasters from ALL parties, both private and dealer. Move on and find another. Dealers can be even worse!!

I always try to be communicative with prospective buyers and if someone doesn't respond to an ad, I assume its sold or they don't care.

I've traveled to Edmonton to both sell, and buy vehicles and have had people out of town come by.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I had a dude fly in from Windsor Ontario to buy a truck from me. Although that was a shitshow, the deal did get done.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

I had a dude fly in from Windsor Ontario to buy a truck from me. Although that was a shitshow, the deal did get done.
    spill the beans

My Ride
    KTM

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper1986 View Post
    spill the beans
    Its posted on here somewhere I think

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's posted. Find my 2016 tow rig thread.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

It's posted. Find my 2016 tow rig thread.
    some of us are too lazy to go searching bro

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/396...-Options/page8

The money shot is near the end, but the whole thread let's you crawl into my head a little, and it's mostly funny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3