Quantcast
Cheap Friends - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Friends

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just on a bachelor party in Vegas with 6 guys including the bachelor. Obviously 5 of us were to split all of his costs but it turned out most of the things we did were pretty even when it came to overall price so it made splitting the bill easy. The problem arose when 1 guy had to look over every bill because he thought we were all ripping him off. For example we went to Holsteins to get burgers. Everyone got a $16-18 Burger and a $15 milkshake except this friend who was being a douche about being on a keto diet so he got a $10 vodka and water. Well we told the waiter to split the final bill 5 ways and this friend made a scene about not wanting to do that because his drink didn't cost as much, but he conviently refused to acknowledge the $2 mushrooms and $3 extra in salad he bought that the rest of us didn't making everything work out in the end.

The same friend at Mr. Mikes on the way down ordered a $35 steak (because apparently that's all he could eat there) when the rest of us had $15-18 meals. The waitress couldn't split the bills so she just divided out the bachelors drinks, appetizers, and meal to all of us and it worked out +- 5$ each. Not a big deal. Except for this dude didn't want to cover any portion of the bachelor because his bill was already $20 more (after he made a scene about spending 10 minutes looking over everyone's bills trying to figure out his was so much higher than the rest of ours. I also don't think he tipped as was the theme with him all weekend.

Why do those stupid diets turn everyone into raging assholes?
    I had a friend like this back in high school as well.. He would always bums cigs off everyone and when we buy weed he would never pitch.. lmao

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by EnRichii View Post
    That's exactly why Canada's gonna be in trouble, debt wise, real soon. and you've hit the nail on the head, it seems everyone I know is like that today. sad. people spending well beyond their means.
    Yep. The moment I started making real money, I quit giving an ounce of a fuck about impressing anyone. Brand new car every two years? Fuck off. That was a ridiculous period of time in Calgary where it seemed like everyone who looked like they had a ton of money - actually had none, or were leveraged worse than the North Korean food supply.

There's far more power in having a huge reserve than there is in trying to impress people who don't care.
    Last edited by CUG; 04-30-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Farting constantly

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    Yep. The moment I started making real money, I quit giving an ounce of a fuck about impressing anyone. Brand new car every two years? Fuck off. That was a ridiculous period of time in Calgary where it seemed like everyone who looked like they had a ton of money - actually had none, or were leveraged worse than the North Korean food supply.

There's far more power in having a huge reserve than there is in trying to impress people who don't care.
    I still laugh looking back at kids showing up to BS with cars worth more than what I’d buy now, and those kids were no doubt working dead end entry level jobs

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I still laugh looking back at kids showing up to BS with cars worth more than what I’d buy now, and those kids were no doubt working dead end entry level jobs
    But made all those 17-18-19 year old girls look like they had their shit together. Knowing the kind of accounting fuckery it takes to actually pull that amount of money from a corp as a dividend to pay cash for anything expensive, pay the sales taxes and the tax on the dividend; it gives you enough time to see that number in the account is far more important. Other people's approval is in no way any kind of motivator now.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    ute

Why is the assumption that people buying nice things is to impress other people?

And at a certain point, numbers on the balance sheet of a corporation have no utility - they don't provide more security, they won't change your lifestyle, etc.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why is the assumption that people buying nice things is to impress other people?

And at a certain point, numbers on the balance sheet of a corporation have no utility - they don't provide more security, they won't change your lifestyle, etc.
    Dude people who have money are universally rotten, of course they only buy nice things to get a rise it of other people. What other possible reason could there be.

Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

There are those out there who have a difficult time being happy for others. Live your good life is all I have to say!

My Ride
    ute

the people who tell you they don't care about impressing other people are usually the ones that care the most about impressing other people

the people who tell you they don't care about impressing other people are usually the ones that care the most about impressing other people
    Haha yup

I prefer the yellow bag potato chips to all other brands (especially BBQ) The worst I've had are the $5/bag kettle peanut oil cooked ones, that are so crispy - its like eating shrapnel. Price does not necessarily account for personal taste.

You can usually tell a diabetic, because they almost never buy the "expensive" brand names that are oversalted and oversugared.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    You can usually tell a diabetic, because they almost never buy the "expensive" brand names that are oversalted and oversugared.
    what brand of chips do diabetics prefer?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    what brand of chips do diabetics prefer?
    Low salt triscuits, and the cheap no-name ritz, aforementioned yellow bag chips (and those Zellers chips, back when they were around). Not that I'm an expert, but that's what I find a lot of old people (now that everyone I know is old) tends to get. And they all have some sort of health problem, lol.

They also tend to drink decaf coffee, which is more expensive - But I can't drink the stuff, I need as much caffeine as I can get.

On a side note: The old people tend to complain that the marijuana that they grow nowadays is "wrong", its too strong and tends to be a little bit paranoia inducing. The old stuff was much more mellow and slow - sort of like a beer compared to vodka. Or so I've heard.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-02-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Low salt triscuits, and the cheap no-name ritz, aforementioned yellow bag chips. Not that I'm an expert, but that's what I find a lot of old people (now that everyone I know is old) tends to get. And they all have some sort of health problem, lol.

They also tend to drink decaf coffee, which is more expensive - But I can't drink the stuff, I need as much caffeine as I can get.

Eat healthy young peoples.
    That literally describes none of the diabetics I know.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Low salt triscuits, and the cheap no-name ritz, aforementioned yellow bag chips (and those Zellers chips, back when they were around). Not that I'm an expert, but that's what I find a lot of old people (now that everyone I know is old) tends to get. And they all have some sort of health problem, lol.

On a side note: The old people tend to complain that the marijuana that they grow nowadays is "wrong", its too strong and tends to be a little bit paranoia inducing. The old stuff was much more mellow and slow - sort of like a beer compared to vodka. Or so I've heard.
    I work with a diabetic and he thought this was ridiculous. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You guys know who you are replying to right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You guys know who you are replying to right?
    It is FAR more intelligent a conversation than anything involving the gestalt account though.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    It is FAR more intelligent a conversation than anything involving the gestalt account though.
    The gestalt account is more than one person... All just trying to troll

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

At least make sure it's a TTRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

I have a colleague who retracted a credit card tip once. He didn't see there was an auto-gratuity on his bill and tipped $5.00. When he noticed, he tracked down the server and got her to refund him the tip Manager had to get involved if I recall. And he works in the restaurant industry.

As for me, I am always falling for the "2/$5" promotions or whatever at the grocery store, even though you don't have to buy 2 to get the deal...it's $2.50ea if you buy just one, but I always seem to stock up on stuff I don't need like that lol.

My thought process: "$2.50, hmm, no thanks. 2/$5? Don't mind if I do."
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-03-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast