Quantcast
Cheap Friends - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Friends

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    +1

There are some main roles where usually one person will dominate;
    -cook
    -cleaner
    -handy-person
    -accountant/money handler
    -goal planner
    -bread winner

Some might be stereotypical, but these roles are definitely not exclusive to gender
    I don't disagree with your idea, but I find it funny in most of my friends relationships and my wife and I's almost all those things are shared tasks.

-cook.... shared
    -cleaner.... shared
    -handy-person... mostly the guy depending on what
    -accountant/money handler.... shared
    -goal planner.... shared
    -bread winner.... shared

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Lol in my experience with modern “empowered” women it’s more like:

Cook? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Clean? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Laundry? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Take care of the kids? What are you sexist, let’s hire a nanny. Oh but I’m still not going to work either.

Change the tires? That’s a boy job.
    Mow the lawn? That’s a boy job.

Bills? I need to find a job i am passionate about. Aka lucky if it pays at all.

Couldn’t make this shit up if I tried
    Last edited by killramos; 04-24-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    You are the guy buying the big truck for hauling water or something? Are you the stereotypical "man" of the relationship? What does your husband do?

And for the record this isn't as a judging or insulting question, I just personally find it interesting how in a vast majority of same sex couples (men and women) there is usually one that has the stereotypical "male" job/hobbies/behavior, and the other has the stereotypical "female" job/hobbies/behavior. I just find it amusing.

Full disclosure: I went to a female same sex wedding two years ago that had a ton of same sex couples in attendance and this was my main takeaway from my time spent at that wedding and where most of my research is from. lol
    Nah, we are both men about what we do. He is a general business manager by trade but right now he is basically single handedly renovating houses here in Calgary because the job market is so saturated in his field. Lots of guys with zero experience and a MBA are trumping his BA and 10+ years experience.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

We had a big fight the other night when we were talking feminism, even though I'm on board with basically everything. She was more offended about my ignorance of everything about women's lives these days, and also thinks professors should get their tenure cut short to even out the guy:girl ratio, among other things. At least she said that both guys and girls have to change their minds about role types these days.

Note to future Matt: never, ever bring up feminism in this household again.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    We had a big fight the other night when we were talking feminism, even though I'm on board with basically everything. She was more offended about my ignorance of everything about women's lives these days, and also thinks professors should get their tenure cut short to even out the guy:girl ratio, among other things. At least she said that both guys and girls have to change their minds about role types these days.

No shit. It's a radioactive topic. I had a good friend of mine stop talking to me for about a month because she was "offended" by my view that people accused of sexual harassment should get some sort of due process. This is a 45 year old professional woman. Shit has gotten out of hand but on this topic at least I'm just not going to engage in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

We recently had a family reunion and my cousins/ aunt from Toronto came down (haven't seen them in ~15 years?) my cousin has turned hyper-feminist, including authoring 2 books and running a blog.
    Somehow the Toronto crew planned the catering for the event, so we had an all vegan, vegetarian meal for a bunch of Albertan's.. most of us left, ate and came back afterwards. It was a terrible time.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No shit. It's a radioactive topic. I had a good friend of mine stop talking to me for about a month because she was "offended" by my view that people accused of sexual harassment should get some sort of due process. This is a 45 year old professional woman. Shit has gotten out of hand but on this topic at least I'm just not going to engage in the conversation.
    It’s legit scary, I refuse to bring it up in any kind of work environment because of the volatility.

I got branded as a bigot in a school one time for suggesting that BoD quotas were doing a disservice to shareholders if more qualified directors are being passed over due to them being male. For saying that it’s the right of shareholders to vote for whatever director they want to and that you can’t tell people who to vote for because of political correctness. Amazing.

But yea cheap friends suck.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s legit scary, I refuse to bring it up in any kind of work environment because of the volatility.

I got branded as a bigot in a school one time for suggesting that BoD quotas were doing a disservice to shareholders if more qualified directors are being passed over due to them being male. For saying that it’s the right of shareholders to vote for whatever director they want to and that you can’t tell people who to vote for because of political correctness. Amazing.

But yea cheap friends suck.
    What’s even worse is when you work with a female that sucks at their job but takes any criticism as sexism.

But yea, I’m a cheap friend take to McDonalds for dinner and I’m happy

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:39 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Lol in my experience with modern “empowered” women it’s more like:

Cook? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Clean? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Laundry? What are you sexist, you do it.
    Take care of the kids? What are you sexist, let’s hire a nanny. Oh but I’m still not going to work either.

Change the tires? That’s a boy job.
    Mow the lawn? That’s a boy job.

Bills? I need to find a job i am passionate about. Aka lucky if it pays at all.

Couldn’t make this shit up if I tried
    This sums up my ex perfectly

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I was just on a bachelor party in Vegas with 6 guys including the bachelor. Obviously 5 of us were to split all of his costs but it turned out most of the things we did were pretty even when it came to overall price so it made splitting the bill easy. The problem arose when 1 guy had to look over every bill because he thought we were all ripping him off. For example we went to Holsteins to get burgers. Everyone got a $16-18 Burger and a $15 milkshake except this friend who was being a douche about being on a keto diet so he got a $10 vodka and water. Well we told the waiter to split the final bill 5 ways and this friend made a scene about not wanting to do that because his drink didn't cost as much, but he conviently refused to acknowledge the $2 mushrooms and $3 extra in salad he bought that the rest of us didn't making everything work out in the end.

The same friend at Mr. Mikes on the way down ordered a $35 steak (because apparently that's all he could eat there) when the rest of us had $15-18 meals. The waitress couldn't split the bills so she just divided out the bachelors drinks, appetizers, and meal to all of us and it worked out +- 5$ each. Not a big deal. Except for this dude didn't want to cover any portion of the bachelor because his bill was already $20 more (after he made a scene about spending 10 minutes looking over everyone's bills trying to figure out his was so much higher than the rest of ours. I also don't think he tipped as was the theme with him all weekend.

Why do those stupid diets turn everyone into raging assholes?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

No they were assholes before the diet trust me.

Had a buddy pull that shit with me on New Years one time. I covered the whole 1200 dollar tab for 6 or 7 of us because they werent splitting tables on New Years and he figured he owed me 67 bucks at the end of the night. He had just as much to eat and drink as any of us.

I told him I wasn’t going to argue with him about it and to not me whatever he thought was fair.

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    I was just on a bachelor party in Vegas with 6 guys including the bachelor. Obviously 5 of us were to split all of his costs but it turned out most of the things we did were pretty even when it came to overall price so it made splitting the bill easy. The problem arose when 1 guy had to look over every bill because he thought we were all ripping him off. For example we went to Holsteins to get burgers. Everyone got a $16-18 Burger and a $15 milkshake except this friend who was being a douche about being on a keto diet so he got a $10 vodka and water. Well we told the waiter to split the final bill 5 ways and this friend made a scene about not wanting to do that because his drink didn't cost as much, but he conviently refused to acknowledge the $2 mushrooms and $3 extra in salad he bought that the rest of us didn't making everything work out in the end.

The same friend at Mr. Mikes on the way down ordered a $35 steak (because apparently that's all he could eat there) when the rest of us had $15-18 meals. The waitress couldn't split the bills so she just divided out the bachelors drinks, appetizers, and meal to all of us and it worked out +- 5$ each. Not a big deal. Except for this dude didn't want to cover any portion of the bachelor because his bill was already $20 more (after he made a scene about spending 10 minutes looking over everyone's bills trying to figure out his was so much higher than the rest of ours. I also don't think he tipped as was the theme with him all weekend.

Why do those stupid diets turn everyone into raging assholes?
    I've doing keto for a long time now and always cover my portion plus (or just the whole bill if I'm with close friends and they can get it the next time). Not the diet that makes him an asshole.

Have a buddy who is 30+ years old, single, been making a good wage since graduating from College and still lives at home. One time we were going to a buddies place and said he would buy some snacks on the way, the cheap fucker bought $0.99 no name fucking chips (2 bags) and a small bag of $0.05 candy.

This guy has many stories behind him being the cheapest fuck alive. The thing is, he acts like money is no object to him.

Like come on, buy a few bags of lays chips/doritos and some drinks.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    Have a buddy who is 30+ years old, single, been making a good wage since graduating from College and still lives at home. One time we were going to a buddies place and said he would buy some snacks on the way, the cheap fucker bought $0.99 no name fucking chips (2 bags) and a small bag of $0.05 candy.

This guy has many stories behind him being the cheapest fuck alive. The thing is, he acts like money is no object to him.

These people. And then at the end of the night, he takes the leftovers home because he paid for them. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    These people. And then at the end of the night, he takes the leftovers home because he paid for them. Amirite?
    Haha right.

The kicker is he ate all of the $0.05 candy and offered once if anyone wanted any. Like fuck off set it on the table and let others have some. No one took him on his generous offer...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Haha right.

The kicker is he ate all of the $0.05 candy and offered once if anyone wanted any. Like fuck off set it on the table and let others have some. No one took him on his generous offer...
    There will always be people like that and in the end, you likely just not invite them to shit anymore.
    I will admit, I get annoyed at cheapos, but I usually don't call them out on it because it's not worth it. I just don't hang out with them again or at least avoid it. Easy, lol.
    If they were close enough to me, they wouldn't pull this kinda crap anyways.

What's his beyond username?

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    There will always be people like that and in the end, you likely just not invite them to shit anymore.
    I will admit, I get annoyed at cheapos, but I usually don't call them out on it because it's not worth it. I just don't hang out with them again or at least avoid it. Easy, lol.
    If they were close enough to me, they wouldn't pull this kinda crap anyways.
    I might hang out with this guy once a year now.

It's funny, our cheap friends split into a group and the "normal" friends hang out to this day. We have been friends since High School (15+ years).

suntan, haha if he was on here I would call him out.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast