Quantcast
Truck modification - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10
Results 181 to 194 of 194

Thread: Truck modification

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    494
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post

    I came across this tires called CF 3000 which look awesome as in massive mud tire style again, which I want. But when it comes to sizing a shop said they can be had in 33 12.5 R20 which apparently corresponds to what I have for duratracs being 285 60R20. Is that correct? Can I run either size and they will look the same? I don’t want to get rid of the big mud tire look but when I search the 285 size only the Duratrac option shows up on sites that has the mud tire look. But when I search the 33 size pretty much all the styles are mud tire look. So can I go with the 33 12.5 20 size and run them on the same rims? Can I go any bigger? Suggestions please.
    your current set up 285/60 is close to 33.5 tall but only 11.25" wide, the 33 12.50 will fit height wise no problem but it could be an inch or more wider so you might be rubbing when fully cranked. A 33x12.50x20 can vary quite a bit in height and width depending on manufacture. It would all depend on the off set of your rims as to how big or wide you can go. Do the rims sit pretty flush now or are they sunken in?

    And like others have said, dont fuck with Mt tires in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    SCUZEM3
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    your current set up 285/60 is close to 33.5 tall but only 11.25" wide, the 33 12.50 will fit height wise no problem but it could be an inch or more wider so you might be rubbing when fully cranked. A 33x12.50x20 can vary quite a bit in height and width depending on manufacture. It would all depend on the off set of your rims as to how big or wide you can go. Do the rims sit pretty flush now or are they sunken in?

    And like others have said, dont fuck with Mt tires in the winter.
    I will get close up pictures of the wheels tires at some point to see if that helps. I have no idea personally. I guess I could message the seller to see if they have any idea about specs of the rims.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    4,956
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's a good price.

    I went in to autotruckdepot physical location, and they will price match. After mail in rebate my Lund genesis will be $277. That works good for me.
    Tonneau came in today, and I installed it this evening. My truck has those hard plastic bed rail caps that ended up making this install a pain. Made the Tonneau rails too close together, so it's ttttttiiiiggghhhttt to snap in, see pics.
    20180612_210621.jpg
    20180612_205952.jpg
    20180612_210041.jpg
    Will leave it like this for a while and see if I hate it enough to do anything.

    Now to mail away for my $100 rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    @ExtraSlow is a real inspiration to everyone on Beyond and the internetz!

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton/Calgary
    My Ride
    SCUZEM3
    Posts
    3,849
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Looks pretty sweet!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    LNF
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

    Now to mail away for my $100 rebate.
    Make sure that thing is strapped down well. I saw a similar cover get ripped off of a F150 on the QE2 from that strong winds the other day.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    One from Affalterbach and Louisville
    Posts
    8,876
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Make sure that thing is strapped down well. I saw a similar cover get ripped off of a F150 on the QE2 from that strong winds the other day.
    That could only happen if the velcro has worn out.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    4,956
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    That could only happen if the velcro has worn out.
    Or the clamps are loose. But that risk is same with trifold and fibreglass caps as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    @ExtraSlow is a real inspiration to everyone on Beyond and the internetz!

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
    Posts
    3,959
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    From my own experience, the KO2 are much better than the Duratrac on ice.

    The GY Adventure are a fairly new tire but 2 of my coworkers have them and neither of them like the tire due to the poor winter performance.
    I agree. I run the new BFG KA02 on my F150 as "summer" tires. I have taken them off road, dry pavement, wet, snow and ice, and they have been great. I also have a set of dedicated winter tires that are studded as well, and my BFG seem to do better in the snow and on ice. I am probably going to sell my current winters. Biggest bonus to the KA02, is that they are SUPER quiet, like pretty much stock tire quiet, which is a big improvement on the first version of them.

    I can't comment on duratracs, but I would buy another set of KA02 in a heartbeat.
    Spikers RC on YOUTUBE!

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    LNF
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Or the clamps are loose. But that risk is same with trifold and fibreglass caps as well.
    Oh definitely. it was just crazy to see it just blow right off the truck and land in the ditch.. The woman didnt even stop.. lol

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    MR2
    Posts
    190
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Off topic but speaking of tonneau covers, can they be left open while driving? I have a soft one with velcro on the sides but there's no straps to tie it down once it's rolled up. Not sure if the velcro alone can hold it in place

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ram 1500
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I run Falken Wildpeak’s all year, suggested by Jordan from Urban X. Quiet on the highway and it has been great during the past 2 winters. Not as aggressive looking but I thought it was a good compromise as far as winter tires and mud tires.B24A4401-5844-4FCB-881D-C2393919767D.jpg

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat
    Posts
    1,486
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    Off topic but speaking of tonneau covers, can they be left open while driving? I have a soft one with velcro on the sides but there's no straps to tie it down once it's rolled up. Not sure if the velcro alone can hold it in place
    you should have at least some tie down loops to keep it rolled up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I agree. I run the new BFG KA02 on my F150 as "summer" tires. I have taken them off road, dry pavement, wet, snow and ice, and they have been great. I also have a set of dedicated winter tires that are studded as well, and my BFG seem to do better in the snow and on ice. I am probably going to sell my current winters. Biggest bonus to the KA02, is that they are SUPER quiet, like pretty much stock tire quiet, which is a big improvement on the first version of them.

    I can't comment on duratracs, but I would buy another set of KA02 in a heartbeat.
    i loved my ko2s in the winter. my only complaint is when they wear they get louder... and they sound like a bad IWE when they wear, which is annoying for ford owners... that being said, i would still absolutely own another set and will consider them for the new rig when the stock hankooks wear (also quite impressed with those.)

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '16 F-150 Lariat 5.0
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I ran a set of E-rated KO2s on my tacoma and found them miserably bad on snow and ice compared to my Yokohama winters (IT go72 iirc). That said, I think the keywords are E-rated and tacoma, there just wasnt enough weight to that truck for the tires to bite (even with 200+lbs in the bed).

    For a couple of seasons I ran a dedicated set of blizzaks on my '13 F150 and found them great. For my '16 I haven't bothered and am running the stock hankooks and found the performance to be almost indistinguishable from the blizzaks, at least for normal driving in mild winter conditions.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    One from Affalterbach and Louisville
    Posts
    8,876
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    Off topic but speaking of tonneau covers, can they be left open while driving? I have a soft one with velcro on the sides but there's no straps to tie it down once it's rolled up. Not sure if the velcro alone can hold it in place
    I have tie downs, but never use them when I roll it up. I've driven the truck to its limiter in Mexico and it stays put.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Similar Threads

  1. need advise on my polo modification

    By ahha in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 10-09-2003, 06:46 PM
  2. Engine Modification Options

    By mytonkatoy in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 02-04-2003, 12:59 PM
  3. Custom modification

    By shadowz in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 12-04-2002, 03:56 AM
  4. Intercooler modification

    By Redlyne_mr2 in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 36
    Latest Threads: 11-18-2002, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •