Quantcast
Truck modification - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Truck modification

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I came across this tires called CF 3000 which look awesome as in massive mud tire style again, which I want. But when it comes to sizing a shop said they can be had in 33 12.5 R20 which apparently corresponds to what I have for duratracs being 285 60R20. Is that correct? Can I run either size and they will look the same? I don’t want to get rid of the big mud tire look but when I search the 285 size only the Duratrac option shows up on sites that has the mud tire look. But when I search the 33 size pretty much all the styles are mud tire look. So can I go with the 33 12.5 20 size and run them on the same rims? Can I go any bigger? Suggestions please.
    your current set up 285/60 is close to 33.5 tall but only 11.25" wide, the 33 12.50 will fit height wise no problem but it could be an inch or more wider so you might be rubbing when fully cranked. A 33x12.50x20 can vary quite a bit in height and width depending on manufacture. It would all depend on the off set of your rims as to how big or wide you can go. Do the rims sit pretty flush now or are they sunken in?

And like others have said, dont fuck with Mt tires in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    your current set up 285/60 is close to 33.5 tall but only 11.25" wide, the 33 12.50 will fit height wise no problem but it could be an inch or more wider so you might be rubbing when fully cranked. A 33x12.50x20 can vary quite a bit in height and width depending on manufacture. It would all depend on the off set of your rims as to how big or wide you can go. Do the rims sit pretty flush now or are they sunken in?

And like others have said, dont fuck with Mt tires in the winter.
    I will get close up pictures of the wheels tires at some point to see if that helps. I have no idea personally. I guess I could message the seller to see if they have any idea about specs of the rims.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's a good price.

I went in to autotruckdepot physical location, and they will price match. After mail in rebate my Lund genesis will be $277. That works good for me.
    Tonneau came in today, and I installed it this evening. My truck has those hard plastic bed rail caps that ended up making this install a pain. Made the Tonneau rails too close together, so it's ttttttiiiiggghhhttt to snap in, see pics.
    Name:  20180612_210621.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  88.4 KB
    Name:  20180612_205952.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  40.4 KB
    Name:  20180612_210041.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  39.6 KB
    Will leave it like this for a while and see if I hate it enough to do anything.

Now to mail away for my $100 rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Looks pretty sweet!

My Ride
    LNF

Now to mail away for my $100 rebate.
    Make sure that thing is strapped down well. I saw a similar cover get ripped off of a F150 on the QE2 from that strong winds the other day.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Make sure that thing is strapped down well. I saw a similar cover get ripped off of a F150 on the QE2 from that strong winds the other day.
    That could only happen if the velcro has worn out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    That could only happen if the velcro has worn out.
    Or the clamps are loose. But that risk is same with trifold and fibreglass caps as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    From my own experience, the KO2 are much better than the Duratrac on ice.

The GY Adventure are a fairly new tire but 2 of my coworkers have them and neither of them like the tire due to the poor winter performance.
    I agree. I run the new BFG KA02 on my F150 as "summer" tires. I have taken them off road, dry pavement, wet, snow and ice, and they have been great. I also have a set of dedicated winter tires that are studded as well, and my BFG seem to do better in the snow and on ice. I am probably going to sell my current winters. Biggest bonus to the KA02, is that they are SUPER quiet, like pretty much stock tire quiet, which is a big improvement on the first version of them.

I can't comment on duratracs, but I would buy another set of KA02 in a heartbeat.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    LNF

Or the clamps are loose. But that risk is same with trifold and fibreglass caps as well.
    Oh definitely. it was just crazy to see it just blow right off the truck and land in the ditch.. The woman didnt even stop.. lol

My Ride
    MR2

Off topic but speaking of tonneau covers, can they be left open while driving? I have a soft one with velcro on the sides but there's no straps to tie it down once it's rolled up. Not sure if the velcro alone can hold it in place

I run Falken Wildpeak’s all year, suggested by Jordan from Urban X. Quiet on the highway and it has been great during the past 2 winters. Not as aggressive looking but I thought it was a good compromise as far as winter tires and mud tires.Attachment 82372

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    Off topic but speaking of tonneau covers, can they be left open while driving? I have a soft one with velcro on the sides but there's no straps to tie it down once it's rolled up. Not sure if the velcro alone can hold it in place
    you should have at least some tie down loops to keep it rolled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I agree. I run the new BFG KA02 on my F150 as "summer" tires. I have taken them off road, dry pavement, wet, snow and ice, and they have been great. I also have a set of dedicated winter tires that are studded as well, and my BFG seem to do better in the snow and on ice. I am probably going to sell my current winters. Biggest bonus to the KA02, is that they are SUPER quiet, like pretty much stock tire quiet, which is a big improvement on the first version of them.

I can't comment on duratracs, but I would buy another set of KA02 in a heartbeat.
    i loved my ko2s in the winter. my only complaint is when they wear they get louder... and they sound like a bad IWE when they wear, which is annoying for ford owners... that being said, i would still absolutely own another set and will consider them for the new rig when the stock hankooks wear (also quite impressed with those.)

My Ride
    Canyonero

I ran a set of E-rated KO2s on my tacoma and found them miserably bad on snow and ice compared to my Yokohama winters (IT go72 iirc). That said, I think the keywords are E-rated and tacoma, there just wasnt enough weight to that truck for the tires to bite (even with 200+lbs in the bed).

For a couple of seasons I ran a dedicated set of blizzaks on my '13 F150 and found them great. For my '16 I haven't bothered and am running the stock hankooks and found the performance to be almost indistinguishable from the blizzaks, at least for normal driving in mild winter conditions.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    I have tie downs, but never use them when I roll it up. I've driven the truck to its limiter in Mexico and it stays put.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10