Quantcast
Current LiDAR guns in use by the RCMP - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Current LiDAR guns in use by the RCMP

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Default Current LiDAR guns in use by the RCMP

Hi All,

Got my first ticket in a long long time today. 140 on hwy 2 by Innisfail. Laser. This is the 2nd time my V1 alerted to a direct Lidar hit but my Blinder M27 did jack all. Did not alert. I suspect the Jammer is fubar as its pretty ancient. Used to work amazing, saved my butt numerous times against the LTI guns that were in use at the time I bought it years ago. At any rate. 140 in a 110 puts me right on the cusp of 3 demerits vs 4. I recall LTI guns are accurate +/- 2kmph or +/- 1 kmph depending on the model. Had my cruise set to 37 for that reason but I got hit downhill so not sure exactly how fast I was going down the the kmph.

I plan to see the prosecutor to get the demerits down via arguing that I could have been doing 38 or 39 but I cannot find out what model of Lidar gun the RCMP in Alberta use these days.

Officer was really nice, it was a quiet stop where I said nothing aside from "no questions" about the ticket, "No officer, that's a Red Bull not a cooler" and "Here you go" as I handed over my info. So I don't have to contend with a roadside admission or anything. Got it on my dashcam too so the only argument I want to make is that I could have been doing 38 and only deserve 3 points. But I cannot find the current Lidar guns used so I cannot look up the manual in order to show the prosecutor the speed accuracy variation spec when getting it reduced.

Anyone know what Lidar guns Alberta RCMP use these days? Of course right after nailing me with laser he pulled into a pullout on hwy 2 and started using radar instead

Thanks!

you can find all the current frequencies on rdform.org. There's a Canadian section on there.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you can find all the current frequencies on rdform.org. There's a Canadian section on there.
    Thank you sir.