Quantcast
2018 Golf Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2018 Golf Thread

My Ride
    VAG products

Well its good to know there is general consensus on F TM.. haha

I agree, while I do do a lot of internet research, it always comes down to testing the clubs out, which can be disappointing in reality after performing extensive internet research lol

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well its good to know there is general consensus on F TM.. haha

I agree, while I do do a lot of internet research, it always comes down to testing the clubs out, which can be disappointing in reality after performing extensive internet research lol
    While their irons aren't great, at least in the cavity back/game improvement area, their drivers and woods are awesome. Also their blades are really nice too, I wouldn't hesitate to play their blades(MMProtos, Rory or TW blades).

Colin and I played yesterday too. Fucking battle out there, but we finished. Definitely didn't break any scoring records either.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    While their irons aren't great, at least in the cavity back/game improvement area, their drivers and woods are awesome. Also their blades are really nice too, I wouldn't hesitate to play their blades(MMProtos, Rory or TW blades).

Colin and I played yesterday too. Fucking battle out there, but we finished. Definitely didn't break any scoring records either.
    Agreed, I love my TM Driver. And would absolutely play their P730 irons (probably should be, they aren't too much different than the ones I've got now other than half the price haha).

Also, I think you meant to say Rors Proto, here's a pic of MMProto for reference :
    Name:  940x640q80.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  53.5 KB

My Ride
    VAG products

I went and played Serenity for the first time this weekend. I have never been attacked by so many mosquitoes in my life before.. It was very frustrating haha

The mosquitoes have definitely been bad this season so far, I keep getting ate up at Elbow.

Saturday was definitely interesting for Nam and I, that wind was not very kind. I was almost 20 strokes better on Sunday ended up canceling the Monday round to do a bunch of yard work. Every time I'm like yah I should get a new driver I have a round like I did Sunday mashing the ball and go... meh do I really want to drop $700+ haha

Also I have a feeling Nam will be selling some wedges soon here Craig only 2-3 rounds of usage on them

Played at Kananaskis on saturday. Was the first group out for the day (8:15, turned to 8:25 with a frost delay). We played quickly in about 3.5 hours, which was nice. Course was in fantastic shape and the views were amazing.

Biggest complaint being them mowing all the grass on a Saturday morning of the long weekend.. Totally ruined the experiance IMO. No peace and quiet just constant mowers on the fairways/tee boxes/rough. We chased them essentially till the 14th or 15th hole.

Why the hell can't they start at 18 and work backwards so to only piss people off for 1 or 2 holes and not their whole bloody round?

We did see a bear so that was pretty cool.

Name:  IMG_3630.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  144.3 KB
    Last edited by lasimmon; 05-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    The mosquitoes have definitely been bad this season so far, I keep getting ate up at Elbow.

Saturday was definitely interesting for Nam and I, that wind was not very kind. I was almost 20 strokes better on Sunday ended up canceling the Monday round to do a bunch of yard work. Every time I'm like yah I should get a new driver I have a round like I did Sunday mashing the ball and go... meh do I really want to drop $700+ haha

Also I have a feeling Nam will be selling some wedges soon here Craig only 2-3 rounds of usage on them
    Awesome, I will be all over those things if he sells them! Yeah mosquitoes are awful this year. I even got bit a couple times after putting on repellent yesterday.

Had a very frustrating round yesterday, shot 43-49. First 8 holes I was striking the ball very well but no putts were dropping. Had a pile of 3-putt bogeys, and a blow up on 9. Hit a 300yd drive to a good spot in the fairway, had a hybrid 2nd shot into the green (par 5) that I hit fat, followed by a shanked pitch shot. I lost all motivation after that.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180522-104917.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  26.7 KB

Got off the tee pretty well on the back 9, but hit another 3 shanks and didn't get a single par.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Awesome, I will be all over those things if he sells them! Yeah mosquitoes are awful this year. I even got bit a couple times after putting on repellent yesterday.

Had a very frustrating round yesterday, shot 43-49. First 8 holes I was striking the ball very well but no putts were dropping. Had a pile of 3-putt bogeys, and a blow up on 9. Hit a 300yd drive to a good spot in the fairway, had a hybrid 2nd shot into the green (par 5) that I hit fat, followed by a shanked pitch shot. I lost all motivation after that.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180522-104917.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  26.7 KB

Got off the tee pretty well on the back 9, but hit another 3 shanks and didn't get a single par.
    What app is this?? very cool

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That’s the garmin. Major golf nerd stuff it’s awesome.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    I went and played Serenity for the first time this weekend. I have never been attacked by so many mosquitoes in my life before.. It was very frustrating haha
    It was unbearable last Tuesday, I left after the first hole.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    It was unbearable last Tuesday, I left after the first hole.
    It was nuts man. I have never had to reapply more bug spray in my life and still got eaten.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Just booked K country for mid june... looking forward to it, looks stunning. Have got Bootleg Gap, Wildstone, St Eugenes and Shadow Mountain this weekend.

My Ride
    V8s

Had a silly round today. Was striking the ball great, and putting good as well... +6 through 15 holes (which is good for me), then went +5 through the last 3 holes. I had a great shot at dipping into the 70s - which I rarely do - and completely blew it haha.

Oh well, I suppose if it wasn't frustrating, it wouldn't be golf.

48 putts yesterday now that's frustrating!

My Ride
    V8s

Pretty quiet in here.

This year has been absolutely brutal for wind. Not as bad as the summer that it rained like every day, but pretty close haha.

Went out this morning, shot my new best round. Highlights for me were dunking a bunker shot for bird, and 2' away from an ace.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180627-114317.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  22.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Pretty quiet in here.

This year has been absolutely brutal for wind. Not as bad as the summer that it rained like every day, but pretty close haha.

Went out this morning, shot my new best round. Highlights for me were dunking a bunker shot for bird, and 2' away from an ace.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180627-114317.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  22.6 KB
    Nice, so we're both down to +4 as the best round

I haven't been playing as much, I'm waiting for an ultrasound on my wrist but they are suspecting a TFCC tear. It has been extremely painful to golf somedays and when it really flares up during the round despite taping it up a ton I just start blading the ball as my body just refuses to contact the ground.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Played at Delacour last sunday from the Silver tees. started out on fire with 3 pars and a birdie. ended up shooting a 40 for the front 9 (personal best) and it all came crashing back down to earth on the back nine with a 47. only 1 triple bogey. my putting was was great that day. still had a personal best of 87.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Nice, so we're both down to +4 as the best round

I haven't been playing as much, I'm waiting for an ultrasound on my wrist but they are suspecting a TFCC tear. It has been extremely painful to golf somedays and when it really flares up during the round despite taping it up a ton I just start blading the ball as my body just refuses to contact the ground.
    Daaamn that sucks. Get some graphite shafts put in, that's what everyone else with wrist/joint pain does haha.

My Ride
    GSR

Do you guys have putter fitting recommendations in Calgary? I'm open to any brand but would like to see what works best for my stroke.

My Ride
    V8s

I read that ted and dave's custom golf does it. Haven't used them myself though, so don't take that as a strong recommendation.

On another note, I got out today shot an 82 with a bunch of bogeys and a couple narrowly missed putts. Finally dropped me into the single digit index club, hopefully I can get it down to a 5 or 6 by the end of the year. Gets tougher and tougher though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4