Quantcast
David Suzuki Honored by UofA - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: David Suzuki Honored by UofA

My Ride
    ute

The list of thing about which David Suzuki is wrong is a long and colorful one.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

His ranting nature with no direction on HOW to make changes is my biggest problem. That's a fact that arose from that talk and a turning point for me.

Take more time to read thoroughly.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His ranting nature with no direction on HOW to make changes is my biggest problem. That's a fact that arose from that talk and a turning point for me.

Take more time to read thoroughly.
    Ok, so he wasn't wrong, just a angry ranting old man.

It's what I thought, not sure why reading your post again would change what you wrote.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:38 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

His passion, intelligence, and social influence could do wonders for Canada. Perhaps there was a time in his life where he really was trying to productively advocate and was getting stonewalled relentlessly that he now just bitches about the "situation." Who knows if those ideas, if he had them, were even feasible.

My issue isn't his problem with coal, putting pressure on O&G to be more environmentally responsible (because let's face it, we wouldn't be as concerned about the environment as we are now without guys like him pressuring industry) or generally advocating for the environment.

Suzuki's issue right now is lacking on HOW to make changes. HOW do we just get rid of coal plants and make up the various associated jobs to that sector and electrical needs? HOW do you rid of the O&G industry without going back to the stone age? What is a realistic plan that will supply our demands and employee people to contribute to Canada?

People can bitch all they want, that's their right. My issue is that ok, this is a problem, why don't you formulate a feasible plan to DO something about it and fight for that? Sukuzi right now reminds me of someone sitting at the bar with all the old regulars, bitching about life and how everyone else sucks.
    Ultracrepidarian

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:38 PM.

I'm not even sure what to think of this. It absolutely boggles my mind how a committee (I assume there is a nominating committee) of what should be highly educated people would select, of all people, David Suzuki, especially given the current circumstances and context of the events surrounding this province.

It seems like they wanted to create this whole controversy, otherwise I just cannot see how you could be that ignorant and deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    I'm not even sure what to think of this. It absolutely boggles my mind how a committee (I assume there is a nominating committee) of what should be highly educated people would select, of all people, David Suzuki, especially given the current circumstances and context of the events surrounding this province.

It seems like they wanted to create this whole controversy, otherwise I just cannot see how you could be that ignorant and deluded.
    Science and environment versus the second dirtiest industry in the world. I should hope a univeristy of all places sides with reason and science. They absolutley did the right thing proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    His passion, intelligence, and social influence could do wonders for Canada. Perhaps there was a time in his life where he really was trying to productively advocate and was getting stonewalled relentlessly that he now just bitches about the "situation." Who knows if those ideas, if he had them, were even feasible.

My issue isn't his problem with coal, putting pressure on O&G to be more environmentally responsible (because let's face it, we wouldn't be as concerned about the environment as we are now without guys like him pressuring industry) or generally advocating for the environment.

Suzuki's issue right now is lacking on HOW to make changes. HOW do we just get rid of coal plants and make up the various associated jobs to that sector and electrical needs? HOW do you rid of the O&G industry without going back to the stone age? What is a realistic plan that will supply our demands and employee people to contribute to Canada?

People can bitch all they want, that's their right. My issue is that ok, this is a problem, why don't you formulate a feasible plan to DO something about it and fight for that? Sukuzi right now reminds me of someone sitting at the bar with all the old regulars, bitching about life and how everyone else sucks.
    He's in his 80s. I like old smart people, like my grandma. You hit a certain age and no fucks given for stupid people and their irational beliefs. Probably my favourite thing about sharp witted old people.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Suzuki is kind of funny when he starts ranting... he seems convinced that there is some sort of conspiracy to make the economy grow. On occasion he fingers auto makers, oil companies, "the government", and other predictable targets, but it is like he thinks there is some sort of covert operation underway. The older he gets, the more crazy he is sounding.

He totally rejects the idea that people just want to make a nice living for their family, which is truly what is driving everything, haha

EDIT: This is the kind of stuff that makes me laugh when he calls economists fake scientists and brain damaged, lol
    haha, he's so dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    haha, he's so dumb

Well he's not that dumb if he was able to bilk the CBC (aka taxpayers) out of millions of dollars to be able to afford 4 large properties. He is playing the part and it's his audience who are dumb.

Hahahaha
    Then there was the time accomllish nothing and no education Jason Kenney was given an honorary degree.

http://albertapolitics.ca/2018/04/em...one-warn-them/

Last edited by Gestalt; 04-26-2018 at 03:19 PM.

What I find a little funny is that students tend to seem to value their time more than actual real accomplishments. A little bit like how a convict takes pride in serving a 10 year sentence. Like "I did my time - I earned this degree" akin to "I'm doing my time, I earned this extra flavor packet of ramen noodles from commissary!"

When in reality, I value the accomplishments more than the time. Until you've actually make a million bucks with a degree, you aint gettin' no respect.

Is a degree really the same as a served 5-year tattoo? "I survived it, I put my time in mental picture" If so, things have definitely changed. I can see why post-secondary institutions offer honoraries. Its the last kick in the ass to the students to say "Go out there and actually do something now" because the reality is:

"Effort itself is not rewarded, accomplishments are - Your degree only proves you have sufficient drive and is not an accomplishment to anyone else other than yourself. Accomplishments that affect others are what will be rewarded going forward."
    Last edited by ZenOps; 04-26-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3