Quantcast
Can we serviced our Lexus at Toyota dealership? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we serviced our Lexus at Toyota dealership?

Default Can we serviced our Lexus at Toyota dealership?

Hey guys can a Lexus (RX350) be serviced at Toyota? The Lexus dealership is way too far for us lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Why would you care? They both come pick up and drop off your car at your house.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Cayman

I service my IS at Stampede Toyota for 1/2 of what Lexus of Calgary charges so yes you can.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yes, there or any independent shop, or quick lube place, or in your own driveway.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Half? They are charging that big of a difference in shop rates?

Stampede and Lexus of Calgary are the same company so they are getting the parts from the same place.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Why would you care? They both come pick up and drop off your car at your house.
    Yeah you are right.. am just being lazy cause a Toyota dealership is like 10 mins away from me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    Hey guys can a Lexus (RX350) be serviced at Toyota? The Lexus dealership is way too far for us lol
    Really half the price? Am gonna call Lexus and Toyota and see how much a basic oil change is.. thanks for the info

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    Yeah you are right.. am just being lazy cause a Toyota dealership is like 10 mins away from me lol

- - - Updated - - -

Really half the price? Am gonna call Lexus and Toyota and see how much a basic oil change is.. thanks for the info

LOC charges $137 + tax for an oil change and Stampede Toyota charges $58 with tax and they give you a free lantern if you print off the coupon from their service web page.

The biggest annoyance is not the price difference but the wait times. With LOC you book 2 weeks in advance and it takes them hours to change your oil and with Toyota you can usually get same day service and it takes 30 - 45 min for an oil change.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

but... toyota wont do your nails for you while you wait

Good to know! Toyota it is! Thanks bro

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    but... toyota wont do your nails for you while you wait
    Stampede Toyota actually does lol

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

its about $120 for a regular oil change at Lexus for my is250
    At stampede its $65, $110 to upgrade to Mobil 1 so I'd check out Toyota, unless you need a loaner/valet and really really want your car vacuumed I'd try out Toyota

I use Lexus of Royal Oak

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yes servicing you can. Warranty work no.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    LOC charges $137 + tax for an oil change and Stampede Toyota charges $58 with tax and they give you a free lantern if you print off the coupon from their service web page.

The biggest annoyance is not the price difference but the wait times. With LOC you book 2 weeks in advance and it takes them hours to change your oil and with Toyota you can usually get same day service and it takes 30 - 45 min for an oil change.

This might be because the Lexus is calling for 0w20 Synthetic and the advertised Toyota oil change is using a 5w30 mineral oil....

Also, from experience, while most parts will cross to a Highlander in this case (brakes, fluids, filters and some bulbs...)parts might not be on hand at a Toyota dealer versus Lexus...but that usually doesn't matter for regular mechanical maintenance stuff...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Cayman

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    This might be because the Lexus is calling for 0w20 Synthetic and the advertised Toyota oil change is using a 5w30 mineral oil....

Also, from experience, while most parts will cross to a Highlander in this case (brakes, fluids, filters and some bulbs...)parts might not be on hand at a Toyota dealer versus Lexus...but that usually doesn't matter for regular mechanical maintenance stuff...
    I have a 2007 IS250 and on all of my invoices from LOC from 2009 to 2015 they list using premium 5W30. So same as Toyota and if you want full synthetic its $110 as they offered that to today.

I know what you mean on parts not being available as Stampede replaced my brakes 2 years ago and they had to send a parts guy to LOC to pick up the pads. Brake pad replacement was $120 cheaper than LOC btw.

The only maintenance work that Toyota has not wanted to do to date has been warranty work and replacing a fuel sensor which I paid $960 to LOC. However one year later LOC called me and let me know that they were going to give me a refund check for the fuel sensor as it became a warranty campaign so thumbs up to LOC for the honesty.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I have a 2007 IS250 and on all of my invoices from LOC from 2009 to 2015 they list using premium 5W30. So same as Toyota and if you want full synthetic its $110 as they offered that to today.

I know what you mean on parts not being available as Stampede replaced my brakes 2 years ago and they had to send a parts guy to LOC to pick up the pads. Brake pad replacement was $120 cheaper than LOC btw.

The only maintenance work that Toyota has not wanted to do to date has been warranty work and replacing a fuel sensor which I paid $960 to LOC. However one year later LOC called me and let me know that they were going to give me a refund check for the fuel sensor as it became a warranty campaign so thumbs up to LOC for the honesty.

The IS, has nothing mechanically that crosses over to anything within the Toyota line up...so, that's why they had to run to LOC to grab parts....

As for the Warranty claim, Toyota and Lexus are segregated in that manner. A Toyota dealer cannot perform warranty work on a Lexus and vice versa expecting to be reimbursed for that work.

And my bad on the oil information. I was under the assumption once the IS line swapped over to the V6 from the inline 6 that the change to 0w20 synthetic also came with it...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And here I thought my RCF service at $150 is already cheap as hell haha. Guess that’s what happens when you’re used to $700 AMG services lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    And here I thought my RCF service at $150 is already cheap as hell haha. Guess that’s what happens when you’re used to $700 AMG services lol.
    This

The extra free is definitely worth it for Lexus to come get the car in any case.

fact.

My Ride
    '86 AE86, '11 GSE20 6MT

The IS, has nothing mechanically that crosses over to anything within the Toyota line up...so, that's why they had to run to LOC to grab parts....
    This is true, occasionally there can be a fun little crossover game to be played. For example, Sienna rotors fit an IS250, they have a different part number, but they're the same dimensions.

As for the Warranty claim, Toyota and Lexus are segregated in that manner. A Toyota dealer cannot perform warranty work on a Lexus and vice versa expecting to be reimbursed for that work.
    This is true almost always, however there are certain instances where if a vehicle is too far from a dealer, other shops can perform the warranty repair, and in fact in some cases a Toyota dealer is able to perform a Lexus recall. Honestly, I think I've only ever dealt with this scenario once.

And my bad on the oil information. I was under the assumption once the IS line swapped over to the V6 from the inline 6 that the change to 0w20 synthetic also came with it...
    The GR-series started before the introduction of 0W20 by Toyota. While most of the series was eventually updated to 0W20, it happened at different times. For the IS250, 0W20 started for 2011, and for the IS350 it started for 2014.

Sometimes I miss being a parts guy.

Jeff

2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff
    1993 Toyota Previa 5MT Studded Ice Race Van

No way you are getting synthetic for $58, and I bet Lexus is spec'ing synthetic on their newer vehicles. Every Honda even comes from the factory with full synthetic now, I think most are going that way.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-30-2018 at 01:21 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Honda does cheap 0w20 full synthetic oil changes. Dealership says Honda Canada subsidizes the cost of the oil. $65 for the five litres or so that an odyssey takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast