Quantcast
New home - Chips in driveway already, normal? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: New home - Chips in driveway already, normal?

Default New home - Chips in driveway already, normal?

Took possession of a new build Oct 2017, swept the driveway and garage yesterday and noticed a lot of chips in the driveway already, the garage is fine.

Looked at a few of the houses near me and their driveways look fine. This can't be normal?

I do have studded winter tires, which I initially thought was the culprit. However, the walkway leading to the front door also has the same chips, and I definitely don't drive my vehicle up there, nor park on the left side of the driveway which is also chipped.

Anyone know what would cause this so soon? Driving over small rocks? bad concrete pour/curing?

I didn't use any salt or ice melting products this winter either. The driveway/walkway also has alot of lighter colored spots, like water droplet sized. Not sure if that is indicative of anything in terms of the quality of the concrete? (you can see them in the pic with the olfa knife)

Thanks - pics below

https://imgur.com/a/XhomApE

My Ride
    2002 jeep tj

lol that's it? you should see my drive way even better my neighbors, 1 section slab on my drive way did that but a lot worse in 1 corner in the first winter I was in the house and I built my house, I called to have it fixed under warranty and I was told unless its more then 10% then they wont fix it over 10% damage they take that section out then repour it...

This happens from a few things, the concrete was a bad mix, the concrete was too dry when they poured it and then started to add water to be able to smooth it out, or just plain old dirt in the concrete, I'm in auburn bay 52d side and my whole block had this issue some homes got there drive way sand blasted/exposed for free

I even offered to pay half the price to have mine sand blasted and was told no way they will pay as mine falls under the 10% allowance
    Last edited by Jeeper1986; 04-27-2018 at 02:06 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Can you use a banana for scale
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you use a banana for scale
    Asian banana?
    Will fuck off, again.

Was waiting for the banana comments lol. Will contact the builder and see what they have to say.