Quantcast
Careless Driving Ticket - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Driving Ticket

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Reaction time is lightning quick to say: "sorry no English, sorry sorry...."
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'm like 50/50 convinced OP is trolling.

You're tellin me that she couldn't - with the help of a translator - figure out why she got a ticket, what the ticket was for, or even the dollar amount of the ticket (which, btw, is written right on the ticket. If she can't read numbers, how does she know speed limits, street numbers, etc)? I just can't stop saying it... this person has no business behind the wheel. Can only imagine what her reaction times are like
    Someone along this game of telephone is definitely full of shit
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

if you dont believe me I can even post a picture of the ticket.

anyway today at lunch I was crossing center street with a friend of mine an older lady was about 150 m away but we figured she would stop for the crosswalk where we were crossing, nope she just carried on as if we werent even there, maybe some people when they are older just get tunnel vision.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    if you dont believe me I can even post a picture of the ticket.

anyway today at lunch I was crossing center street with a friend of mine an older lady was about 150 m away but we figured she would stop for the crosswalk where we were crossing, nope she just carried on as if we werent even there, maybe some people when they are older just get tunnel vision.
    Or since its center street likely asian and just don't give a fuck. I literally got hit by an old asian lady while walking 3 weeks ago and she got out of the car and said "sorry sorry sorry you ok" and got back into her car and drove away. I couldn't make out the licence plate so I forgot about. She was about to turn so was going just like 5-10 km/hr but the point remains.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I speak from experience - I was hit while on my motorbike, by an 18 y/o Chinese girl in a car who turned left in front of me ..... on an empty road at night (literally, no one else around) ..... and said she didnt see me with my bright headlight.

Anyway, that type of vehicle skill is normal wherever Mainlanders drive. I lived in Richmond for a few years and the stereotype is 100% true...... also triple O. I could write a book on the dumb things I saw. Whenever I saw a driver with a silver MB or BMW with white gloves, I gave them lots of room for things like - sudden random turns from the wrong lane (left lane, turn right), etc.

Another incident downtown Vancouver that I heard from other riders...... a MB SUV turned left in front of a motorcyclist - the rider ended up unconscious on the hood of the vehicle. Bystanders had to stop the Mainlander from pulling the unconscious rider off the hood in their attempt to get to their nail polish appointment (or something to that effect).
    Last edited by revelations; 05-04-2018 at 11:53 AM.

My Ride

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
    Racial stereotyping isn’t racism. Especially if it’s true.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Or since its center street likely asian and just don't give a fuck. I literally got hit by an old asian lady while walking 3 weeks ago and she got out of the car and said "sorry sorry sorry you ok" and got back into her car and drove away. I couldn't make out the licence plate so I forgot about. She was about to turn so was going just like 5-10 km/hr but the point remains.
    Its Center ST S near chinook - lady was white

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
    You should also know that Mainlanders are extremely racist, and not just based on one example - and when I say racist, I mean racism - not stereotyping - like fuck you white person racism.

I had a white (GWEILO) coworker one day with me at Richmond Centre for lunch in the food court - he spoke perfect Cantonese - and he was used to racism but I guess this was beyond normal for him and we had to move tables.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'm like 50/50 convinced OP is trolling.

You're tellin me that she couldn't - with the help of a translator - figure out why she got a ticket, what the ticket was for, or even the dollar amount of the ticket (which, btw, is written right on the ticket. If she can't read numbers, how does she know speed limits, street numbers, etc)? I just can't stop saying it... this person has no business behind the wheel. Can only imagine what her reaction times are like
    Growing up with mainlanders here in Calgary, every story posted here is 110% true including the racist remarks LOL. In general many of them are just plain clueless and I can attest to that having a bunch of extended family members that are like the stories posted. My step mom wrote off 2 cars and have been in a hand full of fender benders all her fault some with several witnesses but she denies them all with some really stupid reasoning that you would have a WTF look on your face.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I saw a Triple-O driving on the bike/pedestrian path last month. When I approached the vehicle, I thought it was photo radar until I realized it was moving very slowly on the path.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I saw a Triple-O driving on the bike/pedestrian path last month. When I approached the vehicle, I thought it was photo radar until I realized it was moving very slowly on the path.

If one can fail so easily at something like this, then what other everyday things are they also regularly failing?
    Will fuck off, again.

This is bizarre. People keep asking on my community's Facebook page if providing a picture of a vehicle's license plate is enough to get them a ticket when they do things like failing to stop for pedestrians. They have been told by CPS that video is required - your word is not enough.
    The incident I described happened 13 years ago in 2005, before everyone had a video camera in their pocket, much less their car.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    You should also know that Mainlanders are extremely racist, and not just based on one example - and when I say racist, I mean racism - not stereotyping - like fuck you white person racism.

I had a white (GWEILO) coworker one day with me at Richmond Centre for lunch in the food court - he spoke perfect Cantonese - and he was used to racism but I guess this was beyond normal for him and we had to move tables.
    I'm pretty sure it would be physically impossible for me to feel racism as a white dude.

As Louis CK says: "I'm a white man, you can't even hurt my feelings. What can you really call a white man that digs deep?"

My Ride

Its not about hurt feelings, its about the generally deplorable and disrespectful conduct of the Mainlanders I dealt with in Vancouver/Richmond. They believe they are superior to everyone else - even to locally born Chinese folk - and they act and drive accordingly.

I worked for a film company based in Hong Kong (Magnum Films, if there are any John Woo fans out there, Danny Lee who was in "The Killer" and has worked with many film makers including John Woo in Asia, owns Magnum Films). The rift between the Chinese people in HK and the Mainlanders was very evident even way back then, in 1996 while I was there for 1/2 the year.

Visiting later, post the 1997 "reunification" of HK with mainland China, it's gotten even worse. Even between Chinese Asians, there is very evident racism between mainladers and those from HK and other select places - and IMO there is valid reasons for a lot of it.

Not surprised it is the same in the lower mainland and elsewhere.

I met some great people on mainland China while I was there, but I would much prefer living in HK as a gweilo if given the choice between the mainland and HK.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    How did she pass the drivers exam if she can't speak a single word of English?
    Lots of corrupt Asian driving instructors who just hand out licenses because they know them or are a friend of a relative, etc. Good luck having that on your conscience when somebody gets hurt.

I remember when my first account was banned on here for saying that Asians are horrible drivers.... glad to see many years later we have all finally accepted the truth.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by FullFledgedYYC View Post
    I remember when my first account was banned on here for saying that Asians are horrible drivers.... glad to see many years later we have all finally accepted the truth.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast