Quantcast
Pressure Washer Parts, Unloader Valve, no pressure - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pressure Washer Parts, Unloader Valve, no pressure

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Pressure Washer Parts, Unloader Valve, no pressure

Hi guys,

Got an old Craftsman pressure washer I have had since the day Ralph Cline gave us Ralph Bucks, pretty sure I used that money to buy this, and I have been using it since then, not often, but a couple of times a year. Last year, I made the mistake of leaving the pressure washer in the garage over winter (unheated), and I believe that, combined with the age, made the Unloader valve spring take a dive. Anyone know where I might be able to find just the spring, or the whole unloader valve? After a few hours searching online, I am no closer.

This is a Craftsman Clean Master 1600 TSS, another company makes them as well called Sistema 1600 TSS. These are pretty old so I don't expect to find the part, but if I could find the spring I can fix this myself.

Here is what the valve looks like, you can see the spring has lost most of it's metal and is not sideways, causing it to jam, preventing proper pressure.

You should be able to find something to work. Measure the length uncompressed and the diameter. Then buy a bunch of different ones with different compressive strength and try them out. Also be sure to lube the seals and shaft with some grease. These arent precision valves.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should be able to find something to work. Measure the length uncompressed and the diameter. Then buy a bunch of different ones with different compressive strength and try them out. Also be sure to lube the seals and shaft with some grease. These arent precision valves.
    Since you seem to know something about these things, just wondering, is the spring usually submerged in water, or is it part of a dry zone?

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Since you seem to know something about these things, just wondering, is the spring usually submerged in water, or is it part of a dry zone?
    Looking at the design of yours (and mine), i think that they are to be normally dry. Perhaps when you left it out in the winter, water was forced passed the o-ring to sit there and corrode the spring.

Springs would be just normal spring steel not brass or stainless to avoid the corrosion. I'd bet the farm that you should be able to find something at crappy tire, princess auto, or like a bolt supply shop. Get some new o-rings as well as those look worn.

Also, im not an expert at these things but i did go through the process of troubleshooting a garage sale find to fix something simple like this. Learned a bit about them while doing it.

My Ride

Thank you for the info. Going to drop by a few places today after work and see if I can find something similar.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Bumping this for a part I need.
    I got an El Cheapo Pressure washer.
    The hose has a male QC end: https://www.amazon.ca/AR-Blue-Clean-...gateway&sr=8-5

I need a replacement gun but it seems all the ones I see on amazon are threaded male or QC male. I need a gun with a QC female. Help pls?

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    The hose has a male QC end: https://www.amazon.ca/AR-Blue-Clean-...gateway&sr=8-5

I need a replacement gun but it seems all the ones I see on amazon are threaded male or QC male. I need a gun with a QC female. Help pls?
    Do you need a gun or the hose...

I might have a spare hose in my garage that will work..

I think Princess auto might have the guns...

I'll look tonight.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Leaky gun. But because I have the hose in the link, it's almost impossible to find a gun that fits.
    I guess I'd replace the hose if necessary to find a working gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post

You can't just pull the QC fitting off your old gun and swap it to the new gun? Or just go find a QC fitting that has the correct thread required for the new gun at a hardware store?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Princess Auto has a wide variety of hose fittings. Bring the hose with you and ask for help at customer service if you aren't confident.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Or just go find a QC fitting that has the correct thread required for the new gun at a hardware store?
    Probably that but I haven't even been able to find a photo of this even existing. A female QC to whatever a new gun has...

The old gun has no fitting. It's a female QC that's deep into the gun.

My Ride

I have a hose, gun, and all attachments from my old pressure washer. It won't work on my new one but I never threw the old one out. If you post a picture of the part that plugs into the washer on the washer end of the hose, I can verify if it will work, and then you can have it all for free.

EDIT: Looked at the cable you showed...the end that goes to the washer looks just like mine, so you are welcome to the whole set.
    Last edited by eblend; 04-08-2019 at 08:16 PM.