Quantcast
U of C Physo, has anyone used them? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: U of C Physo, has anyone used them?

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Default U of C Physo, has anyone used them?

I recently fractured my tibia and getting ready to start physo, my surgeon referred me to U of C Physo. He's also an orthopaedic surgeons there as well so I'm wondering if he's just telling me to go there cause he works at U of C Sports Med. Has anyone had any experience with them as its not the closest to me and you have to pay to park there which is a pain in the ass too.

Thanks in advance.
    KJ

My Ride

I went there for a few injuries years ago. Once I was no longer a student at UofC and the convenience factor was gone, I stopped.

It's not that they were bad, per se, just that I've had better and I was looking for a different type of treatment as an athlete (non-Dino meant I didn't get their fancy therapists, I guess?). Did you ask your surgeon why he chose to recommend you there, specifically?

Either way, I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I've heard really good things about them. The only reason I didn't go was because the wait to get my first appointment was crazy long.

There may be some truth to the non-Dinos physio thing that tumbler mentioned, because I've heard that before too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Parking is a pain. They do have dedicated stalls for Physio clinic but still have to pay and it's out of the way.
    There are other physio clinics so pick one closest to your work or your home.

IMO I would get a list of exercises and just be dilligent on doing them. I can pretty much tell you the exercises and stretches you'll be doing.
    The fancy machines, etc aren't really necessary. Just be consistent on the exercises and do them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parking is a pain. They do have dedicated stalls for Physio clinic but still have to pay and it's out of the way.
    There are other physio clinics so pick one closest to your work or your home.

IMO I would get a list of exercises and just be dilligent on doing them. I can pretty much tell you the exercises and stretches you'll be doing.
    The fancy machines, etc aren't really necessary. Just be consistent on the exercises and do them every day.
    I find the value more in the acupuncture for me but that all depends on the type of injury and rehab you have. I did some back tears and some shoulder joint so mine is different.

As for a finding a physio clinic there are some good ones all over the city. Just have to do you checking up on them via reviews etc.

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

I decided to go ahead and book with U of C, I'm aware that the parking is a pain but I can't drive anyways. The wife has to drive me for the first couple of visits and she can go to Market Mall if she likes. I'm not the type of person who feels the need to depend on physio, I have a gym membership and lots of gear in my basement. I'll use the 7 visits that Alberta Health Care covers and if I need more I'll look at going else where. It's nice that my doctor works out of there too which is really the only reason that I booked with them. I'll report back after my first visit which is next week.