Quantcast
Garage Flooring - Polyaspartic / Other options? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Garage Flooring - Polyaspartic / Other options?

Anybody experience problems after driving on these coatings with studded tires?

For anyone brave enough wanting to try to DIY, here's a couple of local suppliers:
    http://www.terrafuse.ca
    http://www.polymersciencecorp.com/

If anyone gets a coating, make sure you get the installers to do the bottom 6-12" up the wall as well.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I gave Terrafuse a call, didn't catch the name of the guy that answered my call but he was a great help.
    DIY will run about $1500 in materials if you want to go with the decorative flake route. About $11150ish if you go with it.
    Prep is the most important thing, he recommended me looking for contractors that will do just the prep work as they'll have all of the tools to do it.
    If you have studded tires the Polyaspartic does not fair well, you'll need something like techflooring to prevent it from ripping away at it

I was thinking about giving it a shot. It'll be about $1200 cheaper than getting someone to do the whole thing. It would certainly beat resealing my garage floor every 2 years with that shit from northland concrete

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

On a new build should you wait for the garage slab to settle and crack before coating it or get it done right away?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone gets a coating, make sure you get the installers to do the bottom 6-12" up the wall as well.
    Really? That seems a bit excessive. I'm happy with 4", has more of a baseboard look to it. Maybe more is recommended for scenarios that don't apply to how I use my garage

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Instead of creating a new post, I will bring this one back from the dead.

How is everyone's floor coating holding up? For the ones with studded tires, how bad did the tires damage the coating?

Any recommendation on who to go with for garage coating with Polyaspartic flakes?
    Is it normal for them to offer garage wall sanding and painting service?

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I can't answer that, but I've been looking a waterproof vinyl flooring as an alternative, since it offers some amazing textures. Specifically, MSI Stone Waterproof Rocky Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring. It's under $2/sqft.
    https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/po...-a-garage.aspx

Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    Instead of creating a new post, I will bring this one back from the dead.

How is everyone's floor coating holding up? For the ones with studded tires, how bad did the tires damage the coating?

Any recommendation on who to go with for garage coating with Polyaspartic flakes?
    Is it normal for them to offer garage wall sanding and painting service?
    It's been a year and a half with ours and its been holding up really well. We use studded tires on all our winter cars and I cant see any noticeable damage from the studs. I did specifically get a poly urethane top coat applied as added protection against the studs... apparently the stuff what CAT uses for their tracked equipment so it doesnt damage the floors of their shop.

We went with the Garage Store for our floor. I think most stores offer wall sanding and painting (mostly subbed out).

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Does anyone know of a place that will do concrete grinding/epoxy flooring prep? I bought the Rustoleum kits so will DIY the epoxy, was just lookling for someone to do prep work. Got a hold of one business and was told that they're booked for residential work until the end of the year.

Just don't use The Garage Store. I'm not going to get into it here but long story short their work turned into a complete nightmare, they never did finish my floor, and they won't honor warranty work on my dad's floor after only 3 years (coating is peeling off in several areas). Other people appear to be having the same issues with them looking elsewhere online. They also don't have a prepaid contractor's license and have been taking deposits illegally.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Just don't use The Garage Store. I'm not going to get into it here but long story short their work turned into a complete nightmare, they never did finish my floor, and they won't honor warranty work on my dad's floor after only 3 years (coating is peeling off in several areas). Other people appear to be having the same issues with them looking elsewhere online. They also don't have a prepaid contractor's license and have been taking deposits illegally.
    Guess I should watch out for my floor peeling then.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I had them and Zone on my narrowed down list. You should post more information and/or pics. I'm curious of the whole story.

My Ride
    2000 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that will do concrete grinding/epoxy flooring prep? I bought the Rustoleum kits so will DIY the epoxy, was just lookling for someone to do prep work. Got a hold of one business and was told that they're booked for residential work until the end of the year.

I have to remove my current flooring as I am planning on doing it again. Do you have the name of this place that can do the concrete grinding? You can pm the info if you want.
    00redLUDE

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by 00redLUDE View Post
    I have to remove my current flooring as I am planning on doing it again. Do you have the name of this place that can do the concrete grinding? You can pm the info if you want.
    The place I mentioned was Enviro Surface Removers, they have a ton of ads on Kijiji but when I got a hold of them they said they were booked for residential jobs until the end of the year.
    Going to send out a bunch of quote requests in the next day or two to companies that do the entire process, will report back.

My Ride
    2000 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    The place I mentioned was Enviro Surface Removers, they have a ton of ads on Kijiji but when I got a hold of them they said they were booked for residential jobs until the end of the year.
    Going to send out a bunch of quote requests in the next day or two to companies that do the entire process, will report back.

Thanks for the name. Please let me know if you found some other companies for the cement roughing process and if they have a better rates.
    00redLUDE

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I'm planning to have my new ~700sqft garage floor epoxied. I'm planning to go with a metallic marble look. Not sure of the exact colors yet. I spoke with a guy who does 'em. He did my friend's place who has really high standards, and came recommended.
    He suggested there's a new satin finish top layer that provides excellent durability. I'm still waiting on pricing, but it's looking to be $9/sqft, including prep, so $6,300 for 700sqft. I'm told the metallic supplies are more $, as there's more material put down. Standard flake epoxy floor is ~$6.50/sqft.

He said the price of epoxy has increased nearly 50% this year.

My Ride
    Silverado

Resin shortages havent really improved since snowmageddon fucked everything in texas in q1

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
    I can't answer that, but I've been looking a waterproof vinyl flooring as an alternative, since it offers some amazing textures. Specifically, MSI Stone Waterproof Rocky Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring. It's under $2/sqft.
    https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/po...-a-garage.aspx

Thought about this as well but was concerned about moisture from the slab...
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Thanks for the name. Please let me know if you found some other companies for the cement roughing process and if they have a better rates.
    I'm getting a polyaspartic coating done at the beggining of Oct. The guy seems good, but I'll let you know after its completed. He said he does lots of prep only stuff too

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Figure I'd close this off. Tried to get quotes from a mix of kijiji/non-kijiji people. Two people actually got back to me, the rest either ghosted after the initial email(or just straight up didn't reply) or didn't care to provide a quote or ballpark number at all.
    Best price I got was from a guy on Kijiji, wanted $1/sqft for just concrete grinding alone.

I ended up just saying screw it and got myself some concrete etch from HD and used that instead. Did it twice and it seems to have done just fine, no hot tire pickup so far(knock on wood).
    Last edited by cyra1ax; 09-21-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast