Quantcast
Fix Me 'Lectric Dryer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fix Me 'Lectric Dryer

My Ride
    *The First*

Default Fix Me 'Lectric Dryer

Wow, who would've thought that a Samsung appliance could fail?! Please help me waste time attempting to fix this useless piece of shit instead of buying a new one.

The symptoms were that it runs for 3-5 minutes and then stops. It also does not heat during that time. No error codes.
    The simp-manual has two different categories in troubleshooting. One set for the no heat symptom and one set for the "runs for 5 min and then stops". Generally speaking, several of the solutions are to remove lint buildup.
    I inspected its shitty vent hose and the outlet to the house exterior and they were fine. There was a shocking amount that made it past the lint trap and then gathered immediately downstream of the lint trap so I cleaned that up.

Now it runs as long as you want but there is no heat. Still no error codes.
    To me, this indicates it overheated due to clogged exhaust and melted its thermal protection fuse or whatever it's called and that simply needs to be replaced. I've done this once before on an old reliable dryer, not one of these bullshit disposable ones.

Where is that thing likely to be and what is it likely to be called? The manual has several names that are confusing and its pictures are useless.

Name:  Screenshot_20240225_083919_Gallery.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  313.7 KB
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 02-25-2024 at 10:16 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hi limit or thermostat is my guess, or heater element fuse.

Does your model come up on reliable parts or other parts supply websites? Sometimes there's a diagram that also helps you find these bits and it can be pretty helpful.

I think you are on the right track to diagnose here of you want. And hi limit switches etc can be jumpered as part of the diagnostic process.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

If it now runs but just doesn’t heat the element could still be open. I’ve had to do mine two times in three years on my shitty Samsung even after triple checking there’s no lint past the trap. Best of luck, I want to replace this shit but my wife doesn’t want to pay for a new one.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

i replace my heater element every year as it always blows. pretty easy to do and it should come with all the other heater circuit parts, $40-60 i think and a hour to do it.

My Ride
    *The First*

Where does this shit live? There is no back panel that I can remove aside from a tiny one that exposes the 3 or 4 wire main power connections.
    The entire back molds around to the front, so there is nothing to remove. That has caught me by surprise. There are two pretty large screw/bolts at the back which make me think I could tilt and remove the top of the unit. Is that where its guts are, or is this going to be some drum removal nightmare?
    I didn't see an exploded view on Reliable Parts but the model does come up and they sell all sorts of parts for it.
    dv405etpasu/ac

So far the YouTube videos are two things.
    1. Eastern Europeans.
    2. Radically different dryer models.

My Ride
    *The First*

LoL, this should help finally!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL, this should help finally!

I just did this to my Samsung a month ago. There was SO MUCH lint in the body of the dryer that the element failed.

Additionally, the lint inside the element compartment was black. Sweet, almost lit ourselves on fire.

Additional sub point: we clean the screen every dry. Previous owners never did - the unit is 15 years old. The only way to do this is full drum removal. Buy a new belt while you’re at.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    *The First*

It appears possible without drum removal. But the screw between the element housing and its base was magically so incredibly tight that I've rounded it's shitty Philips head.
    That's a touch fucky...

Electrical testing indicates element cooked. Big props to the multiple other protection devices for doing fuck-all and letting the element cook. You had one fucking job!

You guys don't get everything dry cleaned? (Killramos, probably)

Definitely pisses me off when you dig into it and find everything is fried. Surprised it didn't hold on and burn your house down.
    But also surprised more people don't have issues with lint considering we're all dirty mf'ers.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

It appears possible without drum removal. But the screw between the element housing and its base was magically so incredibly tight that I've rounded it's shitty Philips head.
    That's a touch fucky...

Electrical testing indicates element cooked. Big props to the multiple other protection devices for doing fuck-all and letting the element cook. You had one fucking job!
    I just changed the element on mine. Hopefully I get another year outta this dryer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    *The First*

Got the element and fixed. That stupid stripped screw cost hours of needless extra horrible effort. How a basic screw could've been welded into garbage sheet metal is some terrible luck and impossible odds.

The key lesson is something I've always said but never fully enforced.
    DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE WITH A CLOTHES DRYER RUNNING!! PLEASE!
    We are at the peak of garbage appliances and dryer lint is so flammable that survivalists are constantly demonstrating that you can start a fire in the woods with a spark from smashing rocks together if you have some lint and your dryer is full of that shit.
    Do not burn your house down. ONLY RUN YOUR DRYER WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME.

Sounds like operator error to me.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Got the element and fixed. That stupid stripped screw cost hours of needless extra horrible effort. How a basic screw could've been welded into garbage sheet metal is some terrible luck and impossible odds.

The key lesson is something I've always said but never fully enforced.
    DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE WITH A CLOTHES DRYER RUNNING!! PLEASE!
    We are at the peak of garbage appliances and dryer lint is so flammable that survivalists are constantly demonstrating that you can start a fire in the woods with a spark from smashing rocks together if you have some lint and your dryer is full of that shit.
    Do not burn your house down. ONLY RUN YOUR DRYER WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME.
    Same with the dishwasher, although there's a slightly less chance of that burning the house down

My brothers best friend lost his house to a massive fire after the dishwasher started a fire in the kitchen

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I always leave the house with the dishwasher running. Figure all that water will be handy if there's ever a fire.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454