Quantcast
Calgary chef Michael Noble charged with sexual assault - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Calgary chef Michael Noble charged with sexual assault

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reminds me of Black Mirror "Hang the DJ" episode
    So good! And I wouldn’t mind it at all. App and done haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Such is the problem with all the allegations in the "me too" movement and the like. Maybe they did it, maybe they didn't, but how about we don't ruin people's lives and careers permanently before a court decides. Given this, the power these women have is astonishing. Don't like someone? Toss an allegation their way and ruin their life. Too bad there are no restrictions on the media in cases like this.
    how else are they going to locate more morning regret accusers if they dont advetrise he's fair game for metoo

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I was listening to the CBC interview this morning with the lawyer.
    Some valid points, Why destroy his reputation before trail..?
    Interesting to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    how else are they going to locate more morning regret accusers if they dont advetrise he's fair game for metoo
    That is the sad reality, and perhaps more importantly it cheapens the accusations of the real victims (not saying she isn't, it's just not yet proven either way) which is the other big issue. Many of these cases seem to be he-said-she-said, with the side effect of destroying the accused's life, family, and career without any evidence.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^ 100%

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty.
    Thanks to social media, we have regressed 200 years and back to mob lynching

My Ride
    95B

So the authorities almost took 4 months to lay charges on this case. Authorities denying that Noble’s notoriety didn’t play a factor in the investigation or charges. I find it hard to believe. If it was Joe they would have laid the charges in a flash.
    However the fact that they charged a well known person means there has to be some truth to this case. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    So the authorities almost took 4 months to lay charges on this case. Authorities denying that Noble’s notoriety didn’t play a factor in the investigation or charges. I find it hard to believe. If it was Joe they would have laid the charges in a flash.
    However the fact that they charged a well known person means there has to be some truth to this case. Only time will tell.
    or they would have laid no charges if it was a nobody if you read the "person with authority" trash

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Thanks to social media, we have regressed 200 years and back to mob lynching
    Sad and true, this is modern day salem witch hunting. His reputation is beyond tarnished even if hes innocent

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

or they would have laid no charges if it was a nobody if you read the "person with authority" trash
    Incorrect. They would have laid charges, they just wouldn't be as prominent in the media. As the owner, he is technically the boss for everyone who works there, hence the "Person of authority." That makes it a bigger deal because they have, in essence, the ability to fire someone if they don't do what the person wants or be treated differently because they declined/accepted advances from that person.

Either way, there is no "Innocent until proven Guilty" in the court of public opinion, and I firmly believe that the media should stay out of court/police business unless there is an actual threat to the public, or the case has been closed and trial is over.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 300havoc View Post
    Incorrect. They would have laid charges, they just wouldn't be as prominent in the media. As the owner, he is technically the boss for everyone who works there, hence the "Person of authority." That makes it a bigger deal because they have, in essence, the ability to fire someone if they don't do what the person wants or be treated differently because they declined/accepted advances from that person.

Either way, there is no "Innocent until proven Guilty" in the court of public opinion, and I firmly believe that the media should stay out of court/police business unless there is an actual threat to the public, or the case has been closed and trial is over.
    “Wrongful termination” little different when everyone is an adult... the wording makes it sound like statutory rape

BS. no such thing as a restaruant owner as a "person of trust/authority" when it comes to adults. That's for kids. read up on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    “Wrongful termination” little different when everyone is an adult... the wording makes it sound like statutory rape
    EXACTLY. the cops are over stepping this one, hence why it would easily be tossed in the real world, unless he gets railroaded as part of this meetoo shit, in that fantasy world, anything goes.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    The fact that Sexual Assault is such a wide range of things, just like Rage2 alluded to earlier is part of the problem. When 80% of people hear sexual assault they hear "Dragged into the bushes and raped someone," and that is simply not the case. I think at one point the Criminal Code of Canada had it split up into different things, kind of how the states has it, but it got brought together around that one umbrella. I could be wrong on that though.

A Wrongful termination is a whole other legal thing, but hypothetically if I had people that worked for me that didn't put out for me I could phase them out over time with poorer and poorer performance reviews until I had actual grounds to terminate. Then it wouldn't be wrongful termination, since there is a paper trail, made up or otherwise, that supports the firing.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    Another professionally worded assessment of a situation, the circumstances of which you aren’t privy to. Good work.
    Don't get trapped into "debating" anything with the least knowledgeable, most opinionated troll account on Beyond.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

BS. no such thing as a restaruant owner as a "person of trust/authority" when it comes to adults. That's for kids. read up on it.

- - - Updated - - -

EXACTLY. the cops are over stepping this one, hence why it would easily be tossed in the real world, unless he gets railroaded as part of this meetoo shit, in that fantasy world, anything goes.
    Care to fill us in on the details of this? You’re sure talking shit like you know what’s up with this, so by all means, let’s hear it bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Don't get trapped into "debating" anything with the least knowledgeable troll on Beyond.
    Haha, it was an observation. There is nothing to debate about it, lol!
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    Care to fill us in on the details of this? You’re sure talking shit like you know what’s up with this, so by all means, let’s hear it bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, it was an observation. There is nothing to debate about it, lol!
    authority in the legal code only comes into play with statutory rape as was already pointed out. The police are making stuff up here, with 2 adults to fit the meetoo agenda. not that a restaurant owner would ever be seen as an authority either.

My Ride

authority in the legal code only comes into play with statutory rape as was already pointed out. The police are making stuff up here, with 2 adults to fit the meetoo agenda. not that a restaurant owner would ever be seen as an authority either.
    Statutory Rape does not exist in the Criminal Code of Canada.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

i guess i could've asked first, but yea pretty sure i'd be an incel with a gt3 rs if i asked before making any move.
    lol

Statutory Rape does not exist in the Criminal Code of Canada.
    Call it whatever you want, but it absolutely exiats.

Canada's age of consent. The age of consent to sexual activity is 16 years. In some cases, the age of consent is higher (for example, when there is a relationship of trust, authority or dependency). In other words, a person must be at least 16 years old to be able to legally agree to sexual activity.

A 16 or 17 year old cannot consent to sexual activity if:

their sexual partner is in position of trust or authority towards them, for example their teacher or coach
    the young person is dependent on their sexual partner, for example for care or support
    the relationship between the young person and their sexual partner is exploitative

Over 17 there is no trust/boss clause.

My Ride
    Z

It's a wonder you are able to draw breath and so proudly waste oxygen every morning
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast