Quantcast
MoviePass competitor Sinemia in Canada - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MoviePass competitor Sinemia in Canada

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So it looks like Sinemia started adding processing charges ($1.99 per person) when booking advanced tickets. Lots of unhappy people.

Started happening about a month ago right after I bought my first set of tickets.
    I’ve already broke even so it’s not terrible. But ya, probably not renewing in the future. Not worth the small savings, but still worth it if you’re on a budget.

Holy fuck I’ve watched absolutely everything in theaters with the 2 a month plan, and running out of shit to watch haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

For sure, but now that they're charging these processing fees it's another $4 for my next 9 movies.

It's not a deal breaker for me, because I still get the flexibility of watching movies any day of the week. That said, I probably won't renew because I don't need to watch a movie every month and most times I'm content to wait for the Tuesday/Wednesday combos.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

IMO the best movie deal (although it's drifting a bit) is the Landmark movie package @ costco. I think it's up to 29$ now for 2 tickets, 2 medium popcorn, 2 medium pop.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For sure, but now that they're charging these processing fees it's another $4 for my next 9 movies.

It's not a deal breaker for me, because I still get the flexibility of watching movies any day of the week. That said, I probably won't renew because I don't need to watch a movie every month and most times I'm content to wait for the Tuesday/Wednesday combos.
    It's almost become a chore at this rate just to get the savings.

Avengers: Infinity War
    Deadpool 2
    The Incredibles 2
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Skyscraper
    Crazy Rich Asians
    Mission: Impossible - Fallout
    Golden Job
    Smallfoot
    Night School

My movies so far.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Yup haha. We only need to hit $131 worth of movies to break even

I've only watched The Predator so far and we're watching Venom tonight so that's $54 in tickets we've used so far.

That said, it's still pretty sketchy to add fees all of a sudden. They went from $0 to $0.99 to $1.99.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I have Bohemian Rhapsody and Grinch scheduled for next month, Creed 2 and Wreck it Ralph 2 afterwards. I'm OK paying $8 for 4 movies since I broke even haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Oh damn, I feel like I should stop being so picky about movies haha. I'm just like WELL, NO MORE BRO MOVIES OUT, TIME TO HIBERNATE.

Wreck It Ralph 2 looks hilarious, gotta catch that one for sure.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Oh damn, I feel like I should stop being so picky about movies haha. I'm just like WELL, NO MORE BRO MOVIES OUT, TIME TO HIBERNATE.

Wreck It Ralph 2 looks hilarious, gotta catch that one for sure.
    Yea, I'm not picky at all anymore just to make my 2 a month. I don't even know how people would take advantage of the 30/month "unlimited" plan haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Jesus Christ, this company is getting ridiculous.

Account service has been halted and they've implemented an ID verification process where I need to upload government issued ID.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It unlocks immediately when you send it in. I mean sure, it's kinda ridiculous that you have to send ID for an under $100 purchase, but I've had to perform ID validation for dumber shit.

I didn't make the 2 movies last month and they rolled it over. Surprised, didn't think they would do that. Now I gotta watch 3 movies this month.

I probably won't be renewing though, my plan runs out in June.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Agreed. Reddit users say it's pretty quick for validation but I'm more concerned about the privacy portion of it. IIRC the only time I ever had to do an ID validation was when my Steam account got hacked haha.
    @rage2 I'm guessing you figured it was safe enough to do?

My plan ends in August but I've already watched 7 movies so I'm already ahead of the curve and I don't plan to renew either.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, there's only so much they can do with my DL. I mean, I have to use that for verification at bars where they scan the damn thing, at hotels for ID, it's used all over the place. If anything, that's safer to me than giving access to your passport.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ah fair enough. I was hoping they would allow us to black out certain information. Admittedly, I have no idea what they could do with my DL information as I'm pretty ignorant to the world of identify theft, etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ah fair enough. I was hoping they would allow us to black out certain information. Admittedly, I have no idea what they could do with my DL information as I'm pretty ignorant to the world of identify theft, etc.
    Yea, never thought about blacking anything out, but that defeats the purpose of the ID. They have your name and address already (for payment) so need to validate that. They asked for DOB, so again to validate. I guess you can black out eyes, hair, height and weight haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

That seems to be what some reddit users have done. Blacked out everything except for Name, DOB, and photo.

Some people got approved using that method and others still got their account cancelled haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Sent in my stuff yesterday. I redacted everything except for my photo, DOB, address. I should have left the expiry date to show them that it's current but whatever.

I ended up booking Captain Marvel tickets for Friday as well and I know that I won't be able to check in on the app until they verify my ID.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

May be seeing the beginning of the end. Can’t book tickets through the app, lots of people experience this at the start of a weekend. First time having this problem for me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

It's been about a month since I got tickets through the app.

Might try to use it one last time to get some Detective Pikachu tickets.

Update: tried the app just now, unable to reserve advance tickets since it just tells me that I need to update the app.
    @rage2 did it work for you since your last post?
    Last edited by rx7boi; 05-02-2019 at 03:48 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Nope. I’ve cancelled the service already. App still works since I paid yearly. I’m ahead of the game, good thing I got in early in the ponzi haha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast