Quantcast
SASC/RASE Schools - June 2/3 in Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: SASC/RASE Schools - June 2/3 in Calgary

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Cool SASC/RASE Schools - June 2/3 in Calgary

Looking for an upper end autox/performance driving school? Saturday and Sunday, June 2/3, 2018 right here in Calgary (north side of the YYC/Calgary International Airport at the Budget/YYC lot (the old Park 'n Jet lot - which has moved across Airport Trail to its new location leaving us this wonderful lot!).

It is an excellent time to launch a new set of professional schools that I have been working on for over 10 years (about time, eh?). The schools feature ideas that I have scribbling down literally for over 10 years - better course designs, better methods of running the schools, more of the mental game, and cross-over experience from other sports (who knows, maybe we'll practice proper punching technique from karate or a strangling technique from judo/wrestling in order to get a strangle hold on a trophy!? ). In fact, I like to think of these as "Training Camps for Autox" and they may feature other speakers etc. or sometimes even independent seminars about, say, car setup or go-fast pieces, tuning, 'chargers, etc. The possibilities are literally endless.

However, these first ones will concentrate on driving - wherever you are at. Although truthfully these are not novice schools and some experience beforehand would be best and absolutely necessary for the upper "camps". More to come on this - 10 years is a long time to focus on this before launching.

The new schools are designed in particular for our members and locals to advance rapidly to be able to drive and achieve success at, not only Canadian National level competition (we are planning to host the Cdn Nationals next year btw), SCCA National-level Tours, Pros and Nationals. However, foremost, the training is intended to make us all as good as we can hope to become; to reach our fullest possible potential. Of course, this is important even for the local autoxer who wants to do better! Why practice mistakes? Why not learn proper techniques to work on right from the get-go and start practicing proper technique which will inevitably lead to faster times in the long run? Even in local competition you will be further ahead of the game and we have some very, very fast locals as you probably know!

I have recruited locals, Cam Withell and Murray Peterson to help out since they are accomplished drivers and have taken many schools (I think Murray has the record! ) between them as well as helped out with previous SoloPro schools among others. Both have trophied at SCCA National-level events which is no mean feat! They know what it takes to get there which is important! We will also be working on some new teaching techniques to better teach driving skills and get ideas across in an understandable manner.

I will open up MSReg for fully-refundable $100 deposits with a limit of 18 per school and a total cost per day of $275 which includes a (working) lunch. If we need more instructors we will arrange to get them as per need.

What you will get:

1. Serious seat time on a full-sized/SCCA style course layout
    2. 6:1 student/instructor ratio or less which results in a substantial time and undivided attention to your driving by our National-level instructors (something you cannot or rarely get at a local school).
    3. Intensity of practice and drills to stretch your limits.
    4. Unique course designs specifically designed to maximize your potential at future events.
    5. You WILL be faster at the end of each day and will have plenty to work on for the near future.

I never took a school (even with over 20 years experience) that I did not learn something! And I trust this will be the case for all of you!

To begin with we will hold spots for only "approved members" and then in 2 days open it up to the general public. So sign up now.

The events will take place on June 2 and June 3 at the YYC/Budget lot in Calgary (so no hotels or travel for locals and hence a cost saving!).

You may sign up to hold a spot here:

http://msreg.com/raseschool
    Last edited by reijo; 05-16-2018 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    '03 S2000

8 of the 18 spots in each school is spoken for already (less than 2 days). $275 / day is pretty good deal for the amount of learning you will get and taught by international-level drivers.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

We have 9 in C1 and 11 in C2 right now. Full schools would be 12 each with 2 instructors. I have made a cut-off at 12 each right now and waitlist after that. If we get enough people beyond that, we'll add another instructor. This seems the best way to do this.

I think we have one entry pending (being held) in each, so really we have 2 spots in C1 available at this point and then a waitlist.

Correction: There are 2 spots left in C1 (the introductory school ... but remember this is not a beginner school exactly....even experienced people will find they will learn something since we teach at whatever level you are at).

Therefore there is a waitlist for C2 since it is full (the 2nd school on Sunday).

So be diligent if you want to take one or both of these schools!

Reijo

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Both schools are full and there is 1 on the waitlist for C2. If we get 4 more for the C1 and 3 more for the C2, we can open up 6 more spots for each by adding another instructor.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Schools filled up and the waitlist was big enough that:

There were 3 people on the waitlist for each school and that is enough to bring another instructor on-board! Therefore everyone on the waitlist is in!

With 3 instructors we can host up to 18 people per school and therefore there are 3 spots left in each!

Step right up folks! I suspect these may go quickly!

My Ride
    '03 S2000

There are 2 spots open in each school. There won't be any more spots and a little over a week to go. 16 spots are taken up in each.

We host these or similar schools only once a year.

As mentioned earlier, these schools are taught at your level right up to the international championship level, down to the nitty gritty of autox and making you faster. So they are a custom school you might say with a lot of seat time and with a lot of time with an instructor in order to learn as much as possible.

Neither is a novice school.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Make that one (1) spot! Looking for one more experienced driver for C2! You should have taken an Evo, SoloPro or something like that before.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Schools are both sold out!

However get on the waitlist in case you are interested and be ready to jump in, in the case of an emergency cancellation!

Thank you for your interest! Really looking forward to a new and successful set of schools!

R