Quantcast
Tire Poppin’ Potholes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Poppin’ Potholes

Default Tire Poppin’ Potholes

For whatever reason I decided to stray from my usual route home yesterday, and found this fine outstanding gentleman on 37th.....

Name:  D7A453B8-1881-4927-9470-2FCC49F7FE01.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  141.9 KB

Two passenger side tires blown, and any further damage yet to be determined...

We just left the light in a line of traffic, so didn’t see till the last second. Can’t imagine what damage would have happened if actually going the speed limit.

What kind of fight am I in for with the city to pay up?
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-19-2018 at 11:34 AM.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I think you'll have a tough time getting any money out of the city for repair.

On another note, please do every one else a favor and report the potholes to 311 so they get fixed.
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you'll have a tough time getting any money out of the city for repair.

On another note, please do every one else a favor and report the potholes to 311 so they get fixed.
    Was my first phone call after taking pictures, as of this morning they still didn't have a cone or anything there to warn. 311 advised me the claims department will call me on Tuesday,but I remember people having to take it to the media before the city caved.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Following this for potential future information....
    ...@therealarifjina...

This happened to me over the winter, blew a brand new winter tire.

I called the city and they pretty much said i'm SOL unless someone reported the pothole and they didn't fix it yet. If they don't know about it they can't fix it

I still tried though, I'm in the neighbourhood of waiting 3 months for a response now. Had a couple calls with the guy in charge Lawrence Shaw, but i'm not expecting much.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

When I popped my tire on a BC pothole their reimbursement program was even worse. It asked for my insurance info and they just contacted my insurance to ask them to pay. Suffice to say, it would’ve counted as an at fault accident so I just paid out of pocket.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by K3RMiTdot View Post
    This happened to me over the winter, blew a brand new winter tire.

I called the city and they pretty much said i'm SOL unless someone reported the pothole and they didn't fix it yet. If they don't know about it they can't fix it

I still tried though, I'm in the neighbourhood of waiting 3 months for a response now. Had a couple calls with the guy in charge Lawrence Shaw, but i'm not expecting much.
    So if I ever hit one of these, I have a friend report it, then wait a couple days and submit my claim (assuming they haven't fixed them yet). Got it.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

I hit that same one last weekend at low speed as I was about to pull into the parking lot on the right. Didn't pop the tire, but sure as fuck made a huge bang. The tire deflected enough to leave a solid black mark on the wheel. Easily the worst pothole impact I have had and I am originally from Winnipeg...
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

I popped a tire a couple weeks back on 14th street going up the hill by SAIT.
    I'll fill out the reimbursement form and see what happens, but I'm not confident I'll even get a response from the city.

Name:  IMG_7829.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  46.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mikestypes View Post
    I hit that same one last weekend at low speed as I was about to pull into the parking lot on the right. Didn't pop the tire, but sure as fuck made a huge bang. The tire deflected enough to leave a solid black mark on the wheel. Easily the worst pothole impact I have had and I am originally from Winnipeg...

Good to know.

$1100 later, I am not a happy camper to say the least. Still glad I didn't have any speed.

The city touched base with me this morning and basically said the rarely pay out for pot holes, and the process will take months after I file, and that I should go through insurance, and like Rage, not a chance i'm putting an at fault on my file. Looks like this could be a fun ride.

I asked if I should go to the media and he just laughed it off nervously.
    Last edited by NoSup4U; 05-22-2018 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Lesson here is that if you hit a pot hole report it to 311 so that some other poor SOB can get it covered if they dont repair it in 30 days.

I thought the only way to get money out of the city was the pothole had to be first reported, and then after a certain amount of time if the pothole wasn't fixed and you get a flat from it, only then do you have a possible case.

The roads seems worse than usual this spring, and the city has not been filling any of the potholes I have seen yet anyway. Going down some roads, people probably think I am drunk with how you have to swerve to save your rims.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Lesson here is that if you hit a pot hole report it to 311 so that some other poor SOB can get it covered if they dont repair it in 30 days.
    But then you are relying on the 311 system to be honest when they received a report on a pothole and did nothing.

My Ride

Maybe we should make it a beyond community requirement to report every pothole we see for cases like this

My Ride
    Exploded.

I blew a tire heading to SAIT on 16th Ave. I reported it online, but no reply. They did fix the pothole though.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Going down some roads, people probably think I am drunk with how you have to swerve to save your rims.
    My car's decal:

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

I was trying to figure out why there are so many potholes after this winter season - think it has anything to do with the new beet juice they put down during winter storms?
    (i have no science behind that but that's the only variable i can think of that changed since winter 2016-17)

They just thaven't fixed them from previous years so they are just multiplying/ getting worse.

i just hit one on crowchild near crowfoot, rim is bent, anyone know who can fix it?
    i tried alberta wheels and some others, cost 300$,...not gonna pay that much to fix a rim...any suggestions?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    i just hit one on crowchild near crowfoot, rim is bent, anyone know who can fix it?
    i tried alberta wheels and some others, cost 300$,...not gonna pay that much to fix a rim...any suggestions?
    I suggest buying a new rim then.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast