Quantcast
Time for a new lawn mower...are those battery powered ones the way to go now? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Time for a new lawn mower...are those battery powered ones the way to go now?

My Ride
    German

Just tried out the Costco Greenworks 80V mower and weed wacker this afternoon. I was worried about the battery life as we have a relatively sizable lot but I was able to manage mowing the front and back yard with 1 full charge on the first battery and 1/2 charge on the second battery. I used the remaining battery life on the second battery to go around with the weed wacker. I let the first battery cool a bit before charging but I don't think it's necessary to rush the charging next time as there is plenty of life to finish the job, for now. Hopefully the battery life doesn't deteriorate too much over the years. The mower did very well through short and long grass. I wasn't convinced the bag was big enough but it's a good size and very easy to maneuver. I especially liked the light weight feel of both the mower and weed wacker. Instant start is nice as well. The mower folds up nicely for storage and the weed wacker can hang on the wall. Overall a very good purchase. I'm glad I decided to retire the gas counterparts to try electric.

My Ride
    2016 MB C450

If you want longevity, don't let batteries run out. Get them out of service when they hit 20-25% left.

My Ride
    '15 Tacoma TRD DCLB '15 Triumph Street Triple R

For the record I have the 5AH batteries for the greenworks 82V and I havent even come close to emptying it. Though I do have a generally small yard.

I actually have 3 of these 5AH batteries, a few just sitting here. They look pretty much identical but the branding. I'm trying to figure out if they are the same or compatible with the 80V so that I can sell one or two for cheap.
    Last edited by OTown; 05-19-2019 at 10:45 PM.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Lovely!

I am checking the costco web site too, so you guys are talking about the $599 Greenwork pro? One is self-propelled just the Mower, one is 3 in 1, Mower plus trimmer, and look like extra battery, so which one is better? Need self-propelled? (My gas Mower is Self-propelled)

Thx!
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    German

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lovely!

I am checking the costco web site too, so you guys are talking about the $599 Greenwork pro? One is self-propelled just the Mower, one is 3 in 1, Mower plus trimmer, and look like extra battery, so which one is better? Need self-propelled? (My gas Mower is Self-propelled)

Thx!
    I went with the 3 in 1 combo. Our old gas mower was self propelled too and I didn't know how well the Greenworks would fare at first as we also have some hills to go over. Fortunately the Greenworks is much lighter than our gas mower so that helped tremendously. I don't feel anything in my lower back this morning so it probably wasn't all that much extra effort.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lovely!

Thx!
    I’ve got the green works self propelled. I’d save your money or get something else if the self propelled is that important to you. It’s not very good on the green works mower. It’s a great mower though. Just the self propelled portion is t very good.

My Ride
    Silverado

Timely bump. The combo is on sale at Costco so I just did a piece match to save $100.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Im the one with a learning disability....

seems to be out of stock currently, and price listed at $699.99. Where are you guys getting these? Need a new lawnmower

Thanks

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

Got my Greenworks from Costco yesterday for the sale price. Had a 10 year old gas mower until now. Very happy with the results, super quiet, cut extremely well and was surprisingly light and maneuverable. Trimmer with the package was a bonus and did a great job of trimming and edging my sidewalk. would highly recommend and would have probably still purchased if not on sale, after using it.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

They are gone from Costco website, how did you get it?

Thx
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    2015 JGC SRT, MB CLS, 2015 HD RGS

It was on sale on the May Long weekend. Ya looks like the mower is unavailable.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6