Quantcast
YouTube video marketing - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: YouTube video marketing

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Default YouTube video marketing

We've got a video on YouTube with around a million views. We've recently had a bunch of companies reach out saying they will market the video for us - various schemes including some money upfront and some by click. Has anyone done this? It's a video of one of my kids and features my in-laws and so far we've decided to do nothing as the $ wasn't worth losing control of the video rights.

Way early on, my wife did allow AFV to feature the video, but didn't give rights. I'm just wondering whether there is anything to be made here, or if it's not worth the time and effort.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

need to see the video to decide. link?

My understanding was that YouTube views aren't very lucrative, and the viewer has to watch for more than 30 seconds for it to even count as a view. Also I read if they skip ads, you don't get any money - maybe someone with more experience with YouTube's rewards model can confirm.

I think Gangnam Style with almost 1B views only ever made like $850K or something like that, which is a lot on it's own, but not really compared to the views or it's enormous worldwide popularity.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Views mean shit. Its the retention rate that matters the most.

You can have a video of 10 minutes with 100 views and 100% retention rate and have a higher income than a video with a million views and 4% retention rate.

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's basically talent agencies trying to get you under them in case you are not a one hit wonder.

With Youtube adpocalypse, even existing top Youtubers is having a tough go living off ads. So many has close channel up and left the platform.

I think to live off Youtube, you need 1M sub, daily video release, patron/3rd party support to make a go out of it.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

To give you some idea (based on personal experience, specifically) 100,000 Views on YouTube = $100.00 approximately.

Any companies looking to 'market' the video are highly interested in gaining some profit from using your video. Do a few Google searches on 'Why you should avoid MCN's on YouTube' and it might help give you some more information to make a decision. They can indeed get your video more videos, they want it to get more views to earn m- only after you sign the contract "that for X number of years, you will give them X % of your adsense revenue the video earns." There can be other stipulations in the contract, too (such as they have permission to re-upload, etc.). I can show you my spam folder in my inbox full of these 'marketing' emails. They all make it sound like they'll make you rich haha...

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Views mean shit. Its the retention rate that matters the most.
    You can have a video of 10 minutes with 100 views and 100% retention rate and have a higher income than a video with a million views and 4% retention rate.
    Ad impressions and clicks are what pay the monies, and more views = more potential impressions and clicks: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6157410?hl=en