Quantcast
Ticket Reduction - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Reduction

Awesome. Thanks. Might wait a bit then before calling as ticket won't be due till end of June.

My Ride
    Ram truck and some bikes

Curious if you're still handling tickets? Unfortunately CPS didn't like how I rolled a stop sign
    Ticket is due Aug 10 and issued on June 10.

My Ride
    06 TL

I haven't been handling too many since they stopped giving out reductions for photo radar/intersection camera tickets. Also, with the covid restrictions you can just email them directly now instead of physically going downtown ([email protected]).

It sounds like you were pulled over, so you can probably still get a reduction.

Ask for either a reduction in the fine or the demerits. IIRC your ticket is probably around $388 and 3 demerits and they usually will either drop the demerits if you pay the full fine, or lower it to $233 and 2 demerits.

Alternatively you could plead not guilty (follow the instructions on the ticket) and you'll get a trial date sometime in 2022 with how backed up they are. Good way to delay the fine/demerits if you have a bad driving record and want to avoid/delay a suspension or your insurance going up. If you attend your trial on that date and the officer doesn't show up they'll toss the ticket, and if he does he'll likely offer you the same deal above.

PM me if you need any more details!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just a note that the 20 over rule doesn’t apply anymore on highways. Got one cruising in a pack of cars all going 130. I lost the lottery and got pulled over.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Traffic cops are trash. That is my contribution.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a note that the 20 over rule doesn’t apply anymore on highways. Got one cruising in a pack of cars all going 130. I lost the lottery and got pulled over.
    Benz tax
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It never did
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It never did
    I’ve driven 130 on QE2 for 30 years. Used to go to Edmonton every weekend. Hell even when I got caught doing 140 the cop says keep it at 130 and you’ll never get ticketed.

The pandemic changed everything. 10 over multinovas, 20 over on QE2. Easy revenue. I’ve been pretty much ticket free for 20 years, I’ve had 4 tickets in the last 12 months driving way less haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

RCMP and CPS: "Hmm... looks like we need to increase safety."

I’ve driven 130 on QE2 for 30 years. Used to go to Edmonton every weekend. Hell even when I got caught doing 140 the cop says keep it at 130 and you’ll never get ticketed.

The pandemic changed everything. 10 over multinovas, 20 over on QE2. Easy revenue. I’ve been pretty much ticket free for 20 years, I’ve had 4 tickets in the last 12 months driving way less haha.
    So new rule is 5 km/h over limit?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    So new rule is 5 km/h over limit?
    No clue. I drove 10 over back, and was passed by a ton of people. Drove through 4 speed traps no tickets. YMMV.

Definitely felt more sketch driving slower. At 130 didn’t really pass or get passed a lot and just stayed in the same group of cars.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    RCMP and CPS: "Hmm... looks like we need to increase safety."
    As said, All Traffic Cops Are Bastards.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

No clue. I drove 10 over back, and was passed by a ton of people. Drove through 4 speed traps no tickets. YMMV.

Definitely felt more sketch driving slower. At 130 didn’t really pass or get passed a lot and just stayed in the same group of cars.
    Need to try this experiment in a nondescript car. I feel like cops target high and low end. High end is like taxing the rich and low end is to find drugs/criminals lol

10 over on highways is always going to be no issues. Curious if they'll start targeting 10 over on residential especially with the new 30 km/h rule.

My Ride
    This and that.

10 over is what I've always done and passed many speed traps without issues, so I think that's the magic number.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Curious if they'll start targeting 10 over on residential especially with the new 30 km/h rule.
    I can tell you they are 100% doing 10 over in the city, at least for camera tickets. I had 4 tickets in a span of 2 months that ranged from 10-12 over in locations that hid the cameras well.

Now I’m slamming on the brakes dropping down to 90 when I see one on Stoney. I’m sure that’s safer haha.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I feel old these days because I just drive at the speed limit and enjoy my playlist.

Spent too long constantly jockeying for position just to get fucked by the traffic light algorithms.

Now, I'd much rather watch people do the same and be entertained when they fail lol.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    I feel old these days because I just drive at the speed limit and enjoy my playlist.

Spent too long constantly jockeying for position just to get fucked by the traffic light algorithms.

Now, I'd much rather watch people do the same and be entertained when they fail lol.
    Yea, I'm not speeding these days to jockey for position. I'm just trying to blend into the flow of traffic. Driving at the speed limit you're subject to a whole lot of idiots aggressively changing lanes around or into you. Sometimes you can get away with speed limit on the right lane, but then you're subject to idiots that don't know how to merge at all even if you slow down to give them room.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Radar cruise with stop and go is the read dream. Set for 10 over and just cruise along to destination.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I had 4 tickets in a span of 2 months that ranged from 10-12 over in locations that hid the cameras well.
    Does the city still give speeding tickets on intersection cameras? Or are these manned speed traps? On the manned traps do they have to pull you over to give you a ticket or just send em in the mail?

I've noticed drivers are a lot more aggressive since the pandemic. I think US stats show accident rates going up even though traffic has gone way down. Maybe a combo of more stressed out drivers and less cars on roads that would typically have a traffic calming effect.

Does the city still give speeding tickets on intersection cameras? Or are these manned speed traps? On the manned traps do they have to pull you over to give you a ticket or just send em in the mail?

I've noticed drivers are a lot more aggressive since the pandemic. I think US stats show accident rates going up even though traffic has gone way down. Maybe a combo of more stressed out drivers and less cars on roads that would typically have a traffic calming effect.
    The intersection "speed on green" cameras are all programmed to 10-11 over as well. Not every red light camera is a speed on green camera though. For example the one at 14th and Heritage is not (unless that changed) but the ones downtown on NB/SB McLeod trail are and the one on Bow Trail/9ave headed East into downtown at 11th st is for sure - everyone slams their brakes right before it creating a much worse hazard than if everyone just flowed through at 60 haha.

The photo radar vehicles are technically "manned" by someone usually reading a novel inside. They do not pull you over and any tickets you get from photo do not come with demerits. If you get hit with LiDar or a moving CPS vehicle catches you, you will get pulled over. I haven't seen a LiDar trap in Calgary in at least 5 years on my routes, but apparently there is still the odd one operating. Most common by far is photo radar vehicles parked in comically obvious spots, and of course the speed on green intersection cams.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-08-2021 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast