Quantcast
Shared online photo storage - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shared online photo storage

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you currently using the free option or did you opt to buy more storage? I'm looking now and it's $7.95 for a terabyte per month.

Correction, it's 14 dollars per month for the terabyte.
    I have Pixel phones so it's free for me. Unless you have shitloads of 4K videos, you probably don't need 1TB.

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I have been using smug mug for many years now, works very well, can organize and share. My buddy has smugmug as well and we travel many places together, so I link to his pics in my albums and he does to mine, you can share with link.. Or can secure gallery with passwords. Unlimited storage, I got about 600gb of stuff in mine, mostly pics but videos from trips and stuff as well. I like it.
    I use Smugmug too, but my only complaint is how they handle video. It is massively compressed and quality is very obviously nowhere near original. I also don't think they support 4K. Your images however they allow you to view originals. It's the best site I have ever found for photos.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-03-2018 at 01:51 AM.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

The whole idea is to save my photos online so I can clear my memory card and just repeat. I'm now waiting for all my videos to load to my Google account and we will see how it turns out. Another question here: when I clear my memory card it device storage, it should remain on Google yeah? I only ask because I tried deleting some photos from my phone and they deleted from Google too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Quote Originally Posted by LUDELVR View Post
    The whole idea is to save my photos online so I can clear my memory card and just repeat. I'm now waiting for all my videos to load to my Google account and we will see how it turns out. Another question here: when I clear my memory card it device storage, it should remain on Google yeah? I only ask because I tried deleting some photos from my phone and they deleted from Google too.
    If all you want is storage, get something like Blackblaze - it's VERY cheap for unlimited storage ($3.95 USD/mo) and works really well.

If you delete photos from your phone with the garbage can button, it deletes it from the cloud too. With google what you want to do is use the "free up space" feature. Let the app do it for you to eliminate the chance of accidentally permanently deleting anything. This will delete everything that is in the cloud, but leave a viewable thumbnail on your device that takes up essentially zero space. That way you can still show people your photos and share your photos, but everything will be on the cloud still. In the future, if you click on a photo to share, it will quickly download it from the cloud first. Also I am pretty sure there is a way to recover deleted photos for a certain amount of time, but I have never used it.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If all you want is storage, get something like Blackblaze - it's VERY cheap for unlimited storage ($3.95 USD/mo) and works really well.

If you delete photos from your phone with the garbage can button, it deletes it from the cloud too. With google what you want to do is use the "free up space" feature. Let the app do it for you to eliminate the chance of accidentally permanently deleting anything. This will delete everything that is in the cloud, but leave a viewable thumbnail on your device that takes up essentially zero space. That way you can still show people your photos and share your photos, but everything will be on the cloud still. In the future, if you click on a photo to share, it will quickly download it from the cloud first. Also I am pretty sure there is a way to recover deleted photos for a certain amount of time, but I have never used it.
    How is the video storage and playback quality?

And with regard to google, is there anyway that I can keep all the photos online but clear my memory card on my phone or is this not even an option with it because I do like the ability that it gives for my wife to view the photos too.
    Last edited by LUDELVR; 06-04-2018 at 10:33 AM.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

https://sites.google.com/site/picasa...ut-keep-backup

I'm trying to follow these steps but every time I delete something from the device, it still deletes from Google photos too. Just looked into it but didn't think it was an issue. I'm also saving the majority of my photos onto my SD card.

The other thing I forgot I was using was one drive. I find that this works well and it automatically saves as the other ones do and it saves photos and videos. Besides their promotional 100 gig deal, it's a terabyte for 8 dollars a month. Is anyone using one drive? Any bad experiences? We just want online photo storage because we travel a lot and we'll be taking a year off to travel pretty soon so I want to make sure that all our videos and photos get saved and then I can simply delete my photos to clear up space on my phone's memory card which it looks like this does quite easily.

You reckon this would be a viable option for my needs? Looks like it to me but I'm not sure if I"m missing something.
    Last edited by LUDELVR; 06-04-2018 at 01:20 PM.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2