Quantcast
Call me Shakalaka Jr. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Call me Shakalaka Jr.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She will not get a wagon, I'm stuck lol there's a really good 535 GT that I'm interested in, but same thing, she doesnt like the look of it.
    Haha I'm with her on that. The 5-series GT is hands down the ugliest modern BMW, IMO.

How about an X6?

edit: nm, I've just about gone full circle to the vehicle you're selling. I have nothing of value to add now haha.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Haha I'm with her on that. The 5-series GT is hands down the ugliest modern BMW, IMO.

How about an X6?

edit: nm, I've just about gone full circle to the vehicle you're selling. I have nothing of value to add now haha.
    Haha ya, it's different. Tell me about it, I was looking at other X5s lol

My Ride
    6.2L V8

The new Yukon (possibly Denali if you go used and 2010-2013 would still be well within your budget, you could probably get a 2014+gen with a little more then 35k)

I have a 2010 Denali with the 6.2L in it pushing 290,000Km with zero issues and a mechanic that sees it once a month for free just to check everything out (with the high KM I want to keep track of anything and everything failing and fix it beforehand).

Other then some outer tie rod issues on the front end, the spare tire rusting to the lowering assembly has literally been the only problem other then a failed wiper module.

Im thinking it will die ~400,000, I'm hoping closer to 500 but that may be a little optimistic. I will drive it until it dies and then buy a brand new one.

Yes, its bad on gas, but it is literally the most practical vehicle a guy could ever have. Perfect on golf trips with the boys because I have bucket seats in the second row, and the third row pops out completely leaving LOADS of room in the back.

We did a golf, lake house trip last summer out to my cabin on Kootenay Lake and had four road bikes on the top, beside a friends handmade wooden kayak (almost 15ft long), towing a trailer with two supercharged sea-doos. Four golf bags and luggage for four in the back, and all four agreed that it was the most comfortable road trip any of them had ever been on, and we had EVERYTHING we could ever want or need with us.

You want to talk luxury for the whole vehicle, my 2010 has heated and air conditioned seats in the front and back, rear climate control, fully reclinable bucket seats in the back so that no matter where you are sitting you are equally as comfortable as everyone else, sun-roof to pop on the highway while you're puffing a blunt, what more could a guy ask for?

To be honest I think my favourite thing about the Yukon instead of a cramped crew cab sierra 1500, is the fact that I can walk away from my vehicle knowing that nothing is getting stolen out of the back, even when I have a load of everyones things back there. I don't have to worry about someone popping a box cover with a crowbar and emptying the box, or worse, I have had friends with no box cover and have all their luggage and bags rained on! Complete disaster.

I can confidently say I will own a Yukon/ Escalade until the day I die.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The big SUV is awesome for the use you described. I had an expedition and it was outstanding. Have rented suburban for long road trips twice as well. No finer vehicle for long trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Heh, just picked up an older Suburban to replace my long box Sierra work truck and the Suburban is way better for loading/unloading my tools. Barn doors on the back too for the win.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Silverado

didn't you just post in a thread anything without an 8' box is for women?

My Ride
    changes every year

Ya, I really dont need something that big like a Yukon. We are close to narrowing things down at this point. I did however come across a 2016 Q50S 3.0T and I think they look really good.

Does anyone know much about them? They're just a newer version of the Gs but with a different motor I guess...what are the back seats like for room?

My Ride
    V8s

Not great. Similar to a 3 series.

Also, if you're gonna get one of those, get a red sport with the TT, IMO.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Not great. Similar to a 3 series.

Also, if you're gonna get one of those, get a red sport with the TT, IMO.
    Really hey. Shitty, they look really good and they're priced well. I dont want a red sport,, I'm trying to free up some debt and getting a red sport won't help the cause lol

My Ride
    LNF

Really hey. Shitty, they look really good and they're priced well. I dont want a red sport,, I'm trying to free up some debt and getting a red sport won't help the cause lol
    Have you driven one yet? On paper they look good but after I drove one and sat in one I was quite disappointed.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ya, I really dont need something that big like a Yukon. We are close to narrowing things down at this point. I did however come across a 2016 Q50S 3.0T and I think they look really good.

Does anyone know much about them? They're just a newer version of the Gs but with a different motor I guess...what are the back seats like for room?
    Best to test drive the Q50S yourself. I haven't owned alot of different cars so this is just my experience but when I test drove a 2013 Q50S, the DAS takes getting used to compared to mechanical steering which is also the biggest gripe that I've heard from other people as well. The 3.7 V6 has been around forever so there's not much to say there.

I haven't test driven the 3.0T yet.

Overall, I really like the way they look.

My Ride
    This and that.

Have you looked at the new Stinger or the Genesis G70 stuff? I am not sure how much they are but if not too far off then could be a great option.

My Ride
    changes every year

No, I came across a Q50S and I really like the way they look. Im gonna go take one out tomorrow possibly and see what it's like.

As far as G70 and Stinger, not on the used market long enough to be in the price range I'm looking for.

My Ride
    LNF

No, I came across a Q50S and I really like the way they look. Im gonna go take one out tomorrow possibly and see what it's like.

As far as G70 and Stinger, not on the used market long enough to be in the price range I'm looking for.
    What is your range? Looking at used Q50S with the 3.0TT.. They are in the 32-37K price.. I would look at the IS350 F Sport.

Or even 335?

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    What is your range? Looking at used Q50S with the 3.0TT.. They are in the 32-37K price.. I would look at the IS350 F Sport.

Or even 335?
    It has to have a bit of room for the family. I've already had a 335, IS350 is probably a bit too small. I am going to look at a 535. It's a bit bigger than the 335, but not by much.

I think I have it narrowed to the 535, Lexus RX350(I know I know lol but it's very practical) and I'm going to check out the Q50.

My Ride
    LNF

It has to have a bit of room for the family. I've already had a 335, IS350 is probably a bit too small. I am going to look at a 535. It's a bit bigger than the 335, but not by much.

I think I have it narrowed to the 535, Lexus RX350(I know I know lol but it's very practical) and I'm going to check out the Q50.
    Why not just look at a new Accord Sport 2.0T.. Probably drives better than that Q50 with more space and I bet you can get a brand new one for the price of a used Q50

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Not sure if this is for you or your wife as a daily driver, but just a warning on the 535, it is way more luxury than sport. I had an F10 535 with m package and coming from an E90 335 it sucked ass. I wanted more space and was wowed during test drives, but owning it was another thing. It was my biggest regret ever in a vehicle purchase and was also the most money I ever spent on a car. It is just so much bigger than the 3 series and rides so much softer, that it is absolutely no fun to drive imo. It was great for highway driving, but that was it.

I now think the space was over-rated and would rather have a tighter fit and actually have fun driving. If you are looking at the newer G30's then they are supposedly better so my entire post may not apply. But consider yourself warned if you go with an F10.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3