Quantcast
World Cup 2018 Russia - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: World Cup 2018 Russia

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I dont think it was a deliberate hand ball. If you watch it at full speed and see he is behind the attacker. I'd say he didnt see it and it happened too fast.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wasn't deliberate but still had to give the call, wise ref to go to the monitor.

Croatia really did out play France but in the end, goals win games not possession -- and those boots were guided missiles.

I was down at Cassis this morning and it was a riot watching the game
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

So the world cup comes to a end. The babuskas return to the pastures to tend to thier little lambs.

What a world cup.... I say...
    This was one of the best. Lots of goals, lots of shocks, lots of suprises..
    I was impressed by Japan.. I did not think they would be able to pass and press to well. I guess the way of the Shogun still lives on..
    Belgium did really well, shame they fell to France..

Who was your team of the tournament..? Favourite moments..?

Name:  454f71f3f6b385b43d28d8a8f9738316.png
Views: 198
Size:  69.1 KB

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

This has been a fantastic World Cup, one of the better ones up with Espana 82 for me.

Team of the tournament was Russia, they came in with everyone saying how crap there were and yet they played open football and Cheryshev was one of the players of the World Cup with some cracking goals, they beat Spain and nearly took out Croatia for a place in the semi-finals.

Best moment was England beating Colombia on penalties for the first time ever in the World Cup, I saw them beat Spain in Euro 96 on penalties but this was even better! Its amazing how far Southgate took this bunch of average players to within half a game away from a World Cup final, no one really ever expected England to win the competition but it sure was nice to stick it to the rest of the world and get up their noses for a while singing "football's coming home" after the diabolical Iceland game a few years ago.

They were many outstanding games of the World Cup, Spain v Portugal, France v Argentina, Brazil v Belgium but for me was Germany v South Korea and seeing the Germans explode in the 2nd half, for years I've seen Germany just a well oiled machine that disposes of any team in front of them, but to see that game was so unlike Germany.

Player of the tournament was Mbappe for me,such pace and sharpness in front goal for a 19 year old was outstanding, if only Sterling could play half has good as Mbappe. Modric was good but a lot of the pundits were raving about Modric which I didn't think had a good game against England, Perisic and Rebic were better in that game.

Well its only 4 years and 4 months away from the next World Cup which will be interesting as its going to be in between the domestic league games which is a first I believe. I'm sure many Canadians will be saying "let it be over already!" and "Its like watching paint dry!" before too long again.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Great world cup. It's too bad no one in Canada cares. As I went there myself for my first live worldcup ever, it's amazing the energy it brings to the people. I came home just before the knockout rounds started and there is like 0 fucks given over here about it. Glad I was able to watch all the games at least.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Croatia's homecoming reception was absolutely insane! over 550,000 showed up and it took the bus nearly 6 hours to make it from the airport to the square in Zagreb (about 20 km's)

What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Good work Croatia! No doubt France is the Champ, but great effort from Croatia!!
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great world cup. It's too bad no one in Canada cares. As I went there myself for my first live worldcup ever, it's amazing the energy it brings to the people. I came home just before the knockout rounds started and there is like 0 fucks given over here about it. Glad I was able to watch all the games at least.
    I wonder if that would change when Canada co-host in a 2026
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

That was a fun World cup. France is so strong might be some dynasty action here. As for Croatia, so much heart. Props props props. Gotta visit that country sometime

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if that would change when Canada co-host in a 2026

Same story.... Calgarian will ask "World cup in Canada? Wow... I can see Manchester United and David Beckham!! "
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15