Quantcast
Attempted Armed B&E - Church Ranches - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attempted Armed B&E - Church Ranches

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Ha!

You want to talk to me about my contact with the news? Sure. PM me your contact info and I'll see if he wants to get in touch. I'll make sure I tell him you want more focus on your manhood.

I'm really glad you didn't have a gun. Dude.. it'd be 2 against 1 and even if you came out on top by some hand of god, you'd have those visions in your nightmares for the rest of your life. I'm super glad it never came to that.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Kloubek's right. Glad you did not have a gun or it would have been a different situation.

So many factors for the intended outcome and it's not like in the movies or video games where you lock and load and shoot with 99% accuracy.

Let's look at a scenario if you had a shotgun vs the Slugger:

You hear the burglars, you proceed to unlock the shotgun in its safe or unlock the trigger lock. After that, you load it up with a shell or two, quite difficult with adrenaline and trembling fingers.

Then you charge it hoping that it's fully charged and would not jam on the first shot. Shotguns have long barrels and in close quarters a bit ineffective and deafening.

Or if they run away and you come running after them with the shotgun, even if you are a good marksman, a moving target, plus you're moving as well and this decreases accuracy.

Did you put the right choke or slugs to maximize accuracy? Is the safe on or off? Are there any other family members in the house potentially behind the drywall?

They have a handgun, Glock 17's are pre-charged and effective in close quarters and has good accuracy. Other perpetrator has a shotgun. You're outnumbered. Plus, you do not know who else is lurking around the corner.

Tough call man. Your chances of winning on your end is probably slim in the situation you described.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Your chance of being killed would have been much higher of you had a gun.

How's your state of mind? Some people can be seriously affected and it's not a bad idea to have a chat with a professional therapist or psychologist who deals with these things. One or two chats can't hurt and might help a lot. Sometimes it's hard to objectively assess yourself after an event.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Ha!

You want to talk to me about my contact with the news? Sure. PM me your contact info and I'll see if he wants to get in touch. I'll make sure I tell him you want more focus on your manhood.

I'm really glad you didn't have a gun. Dude.. it'd be 2 against 1 and even if you came out on top by some hand of god, you'd have those visions in your nightmares for the rest of your life. I'm super glad it never came to that.
    I absolutely do. I want it known that I stood up naked from head to toe brandishing the largest firearm on the property and put the fear of god in two armed men and some worthless whore and chased them straight out of the neighbourhood, swinging along as I did the 60 yard dash down the driveway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Your chance of being killed would have been much higher of you had a gun.

How's your state of mind? Some people can be seriously affected and it's not a bad idea to have a chat with a professional therapist or psychologist who deals with these things. One or two chats can't hurt and might help a lot. Sometimes it's hard to objectively assess yourself after an event.
    Im finding it extremely difficult. I am very stressed out, I have smoked about an ounce and a half of weed and taken a lot of xanax in three days, haven't slept for more then a half a second.

I find myself going back over and over and over the situation in my head and analyzing what I did wrong, what I could have done better or differently, what they could have done had I done something differently and on and on and on and on. A trillion times over already.

Since I already suffer from PTSD, the RCMP have booked me an appointment with one of their own psychiatrists that deals with other RCMP officers with PTSD or developing PTSD after traumatic incidents. They told me it is extremely important to see someone a couple times as soon after the incident as possible, because I guess your mind can play tricks on you in terms of memory and often reveal details that were previously completely "unavailable" or "unattainable" to you.f
    Last edited by CMW403; 06-04-2018 at 10:27 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Dude! So happy to hear you're going to talk to someone about this shit. Seriously.

I was at a friend's birthday party down in Kensington and we're leaving Julio's to Molly Malone's. This dude I never even met puts his arm around me jokingly and then asks why I didn't chip into the bill, only to be jabbed hard in the ribs. I look down and see this guy has a massive spike in his jacket trying to jab me. I get out of his grip and his friend just looks like everything is cool. And I realize it's just now me alone on the street between bars with these two idiots. Ended up getting away and going into the bar telling everyone what happened just trying to distance myself from this idiot.

I have replayed that incident so many times in my head of what I should or could have done differently...still makes me angry even typing it now.

Talking to someone helps curb the repetition of thought. I didn't think it was a big deal later but clearly fucks with my head still. And in comparison to your experience is minor.
    Last edited by msommers; 06-04-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post

One very odd detail is that our Canada Post community Mailbox seems to have been broken into or attempted to be broken into on the same day. Im not sure if they were thinking they would find a credit or debit card mailed to my address and then be able to connect that to documents within the house and try and empty some bank accounts, thats a mystery to me.

I was my bike through Church Ranches all the time. I noticed twice that ob Aspen Drive the Mail super box had been broken into last week.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    The basic idea of using firearms for self-defence is that you can use it deter and defend, but you can't use it to enforce. So basically, if a burglar is in your house, they have to prove an immediate threat to your safety. If you shoot a burglar in the back while they're rummaging through your cupboards, there's no immediate threat to you, and it becomes aggravated assault on your part.
    This is true. I should add, however, that the law doesn't hold the common citizen to the same standards as they do, say, a cop. So if someone breaks into your home and you shoot them, it's really up to the CROWN to prove that you knew you didn't need to. Not just whether you needed to or not, but that you KNEW you didn't need to. It's not up to you to prove the opposite. This is key, and helps protect you if you are simply scared and happen to put a slug or two in someone. Given your scenario - where someone's back is turned then you will have a tough time disproving the crown when they say that wasn't necessary, and you being scared can only go so far and wouldn't likely extend to that scenario.

We've talked about castle law in another thread, and the bottom line consensus is that you do what you need to do to defend yourself and your home. Just make sure you don't do anything you DON'T need to do and you will be ok. The moment you do something out of anger instead of perceived necessity is the moment you open yourself up to potential prosecution.

In CMW403's case, he would be in every right to shoot to kill. These people had guns, and that alone is enough threat to get him off the hook if he did so. But like I said in an earlier thread, 2 against 1 gunfight is not likely to end well for him in any case.

And CMW403: If you want to get your story out, you still need to PM me your contact info before I will approach my media guy with it.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 06-05-2018 at 09:09 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    Came expecting Spikers to explain how he would’ve man-handled the situation.

Left satisfied.

Good luck OP! Glad you’re ok. Hope they catch the fuckers.
    thaz funnee.

Crazy situation OP, take care of yourself now - it's not worth losing your sanity over so do what you need to do.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I like neat cars.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Holy crap, totally missed this thread. How are you doing now OP? Hopefully settling down somewhat and getting used to a new version of normal life.

I too had the joy of coming home to a man in my home probably about 10 years ago now. Fortunately my neighbor at the time thought something was suspicious and asked me if a buddy was moving out when I got home. When I saw my back door open a bit and the motion sensor light not coming on the instant dread set in. I either had been or was being robbed. I asked my neighbor to keep an eye on the back door while I went around to the front, and that's when I looked over and saw a guy carrying some stuff, my stuff. I shouted at him and began the pursuit. He bolted and dropped what he had. I continued chasing him until I realized he was now empty handed and may not have been alone. I picked up my stuff and ran back to the house, my neighbor was on the phone to the police still watching the back door and I made my way to the front and also called the police. The police arrived after what felt like an eternity, though it wasn't I'm sure. They checked my house and fortunately he was working alone. My computer, monitor, and a few other things were loaded into a stolen van in the parking lot so I got everything back except a digital camera and mp3 player. I screwed my windows shut (which is how he got in), replaced my deadbolts with ones that needed a key on both sides so if someone got in they couldn't easily haul stuff out, got an alarm system, and a machete is still to this day at my bed side.

Of course, like anyone else, I replayed the scene in my head relentlessly, wondering what I would/could/should have done differently. Much like what the OP did, I think we both did the right thing. Chase them away, make sure they know your home is not worth the risk, and don't leave them with a reason to seek revenge. They know where you live, they know your habits/patterns, and they know who your family is. If you cripple or kill them, and they have low life family members that want revenge, the nightmare has only just begun. I was fortunate that no weapons were involved.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

One very odd detail is that our Canada Post community Mailbox seems to have been broken into or attempted to be broken into on the same day. Im not sure if they were thinking they would find a credit or debit card mailed to my address and then be able to connect that to documents within the house and try and empty some bank accounts, thats a mystery to me.
    Missed this thread also. Glad you are okay.
    My house was broken into in February - our Canada Post Community Mailbox was also broken into a few days afterwards. Also found a few discarded needles on my lawn at the same time. All related?
    Last edited by CLiVE; 06-29-2018 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

That is ballsy chasing armed thieves, did you not consider they might shoot you while you are chasing them? I am glad it worked out for you but if they brought weapons to a B&E which would likely increase their jail time I would be worried they were prepared to use them.

But that is just me.

Last edited by Amysicle; 12-06-2019 at 08:47 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by CLiVE View Post
    Missed this thread also. Glad you are okay.
    My house was broken into in February - our Canada Post Community Mailbox was also broken into a few days afterwards. Also found a few discarded needles on my lawn at the same time. All related?

100%. They hit the mailboxes first to determine how many people occupy the home, what business they're in, habits, etc.

The needles would just be their vile waste left behind while they were casing your house at night.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post
    That is ballsy chasing armed thieves, did you not consider they might shoot you while you are chasing them? I am glad it worked out for you but if they brought weapons to a B&E which would likely increase their jail time I would be worried they were prepared to use them.

But that is just me.

Surprisingly, as a young adult I have been in WAY worse situations then this. I was held hostage at gun point by 8 individuals, three of which have been on Canadas most wanted list for a few years. They put all kinds of loaded guns to my face, tied me up and beat me for nearly 12 hours, all over $15000 that went missing while I was taking care of a friends dogs while he was away for the weekend. The guy that took the money ended up being the guy that pistol whipped most of my teeth out. Eventually they untied me after relentlessly beating me to a pulp and telling me that I was going to die if I didn't cough up the cash. There have also been a few other serious incidents involving firearms. I definitely hung out with the wrong crowd as a teenager.

Long story short, I have the ability to look into someones eyes and know immediately if they're truly going to pull the trigger or not. Call it my sixth sense.

One thing I can say for sure, as soon as they started running I knew that I had to chase them the fuck out, in fear that one of them would say hey, we can get over on this guy lets turn the fuck around at send a couple rounds into him. It was not bravery or courage, it was pure fight or flight. As soon as I saw the fear in his eyes, he was in flight and I was WAYYYY past fight. I was in kill mode.

To the whoever asked about me catching up to them with my slugger, I would have absolutely 100% beaten all three of them to death. Until their brains were sliding down my driveway. And I would have felt absolutely great about it.

Long story short

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by austic View Post

But that is just me.
    Yeah, it was fight or flight. he chose flight, and I was already wayyyyy past fight. I was in kill mode.

Surprisingly, as a young adult I have been in WAY worse situations then this. I was held hostage at gun point by 8 individuals, three of which have been on Canadas most wanted list for a few years. They put all kinds of loaded guns to my face, tied me up and beat me for nearly 12 hours, all over $15000 that went missing while I was taking care of a friends dogs while he was away for the weekend. The guy that took the money ended up being the guy that pistol whipped most of my teeth out. Eventually they untied me after relentlessly beating me to a pulp and telling me that I was going to die if I didn't cough up the cash. There have also been a few other serious incidents involving firearms. I definitely hung out with the wrong crowd as a teenager.

Long story short, I have the ability to look into someones eyes and know immediately if they're truly going to pull the trigger or not. Call it my sixth sense.

One thing I can say for sure, as soon as they started running I knew that I had to chase them the fuck out, in fear that one of them would say hey, we can get over on this guy lets turn the fuck around at send a couple rounds into him. It was not bravery or courage, it was pure fight or flight. As soon as I saw the fear in his eyes, he was in flight and I was WAYYYY past fight. I was in kill mode.

To the whoever asked about me catching up to them with my slugger, I would have absolutely 100% beaten all three of them to death. Until their brains were sliding down my driveway. And I would have felt absolutely great about it.

Long story short
    I would have felt great about that as well. Fleeing or not, a thief who breaks into any home deserves whatever comes as a result of that, even death. The moment anyone breaks into someones home, all bets should be off, even if said theif decides to back away and flee. Their lives are meaningless at the point they break in.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    yeah you're right

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Given how the courts have treated other B-E cases where the defendant was actively defending against (or shooting) these shit heads, had you beaten one of these to death its doubtful anything would have come about this. You had a bat and they had a gun.

Just dont mention anything about the desire to kill to the police or the courts - I know exactly where you are coming from.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast