Quantcast
Attempted Armed B&E - Church Ranches - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Attempted Armed B&E - Church Ranches

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default Attempted Armed B&E - Church Ranches

I had two masked and one unmasked female assailant gain entrance to my house on a 4-acre plot yesterday morning at 9:30am sharp. They entered using a basement walkout door just after I had gotten out of the shower. I was actually sitting on the toilet when I heard whispering across the basement, I immediately realized what was going on, and also realized they had literally caught me in the worst possible position but took a deep breathe and readied myself for a confrontation. They saw the light on in the washroom and the door was also open so they quieted down and approached the washroom slowly, I could actually hear each step the first guy took in the carpet.

The first thing I saw come around the corner was a Gen4 Glock17, followed by a balaclava covered face. We locked eyes for about 3/4's of a second and had a little silent conversation. I made it clear that he had better shoot me where I sat because I was surely coming for his ass if he didn't. His eyes went about the size of dinner plates and all three of them headed out the way they came in. Keep in mind I made sure to wipe as I heard the first few footsteps so I was ready to rock and roll. I exited the washroom to the hallway so that I could get a look at them. I will include descriptions of all three at the end. I grabbed my Louisville slugger, naked as a buck, and met them on the driveway. I won't go into how my house is situated but as soon as I opened the front door, I knew where they were parked because I couldn't see the vehicle but I could hear them slamming doors and starting the engine.

I started down the driveway barefoot, as fast as i could go. I knew the vehicle was going to come out flying from where it was parked so I couldn't get behind it. I assume they had pulled in so that they could reverse out of the driveway without me seeing their plate if they ran into an issue like this, maybe it was just easier to pull in that way, I'm not sure, but sure as hell the beige first generation Toyota Matrix came flying out from the side of the garage, right in front of me.

At this point these guys were reversing out of a 60-yard driveway as fast as they possibly could, and they knew I hadn't seen the plate. I was literally a foot and a half off of their front bumper running at a pace that I was shredding the bottoms of my feet on the asphalt. I was waiting for the perfect time to take a swing at the hood/bumper, so at least I could tell the RCMP that I marked the vehicle. I swung and I missed, they reversed all the way out of my driveway and then kept backwards out of the crescent and down the hill, so I only managed to get a partial plate.

All that I have to say after the whole ordeal is that Biggie Smalls was a smart man.

"I got nines in the bedroom, Glocks in the kitchen
    A shotty by the shower if you wanna shoot me while I'm shittin'" - If I Should Die Before I Wake

Vehicle - First generation Toyota Matrix painted beige with BNJ as the first three letters on the plate. No noticeable damage or markings on the vehicle. No tint.

First suspect - White male 6ft tall BLUE eyes, slim meth head build, wearing a balaclava that I will remember until the day I die. It was neoprene off black, almost grey, with yellow trim around the eyes and mouth hole and skeleton looking markings all over the face. Donning a Gen4 Glock17, he moved surprisingly tactical. He had taken a knee before bringing the barrel of the pistol around the door frame at a 45 degree angle.

Second suspect - White male between 5'6 and 5'8 stocky build, carrying black duffel bags and what I believe to be a Mossberg 500 pistol grip. (I only saw the back of this guy). He was wearing a black woven balaclava and all black.

Third suspect - White or Native girl between 5'6 and 5'8. Dark hair in a pony tail, wearing a black jacket and jeans.

If anyone else lives in this area please PM me ASAP as this car was seen by nearly all my neighbours creeping through the neighbourhood going three to four weeks back. They had the whole neighbourhood cased out.

One very odd detail is that our Canada Post community Mailbox seems to have been broken into or attempted to be broken into on the same day. Im not sure if they were thinking they would find a credit or debit card mailed to my address and then be able to connect that to documents within the house and try and empty some bank accounts, thats a mystery to me.

You guys haven't failed many people, you have definitely come through for me several times, I just thought I would try again.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by CMW403; 06-04-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Crazy! I honestly thought this was going to be some long winded car/wife joke.

Where do you guys keep your bats? This is something I should look into. Anyone else home at the time?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Man this is a really crazy situation, glad to hear you made it out unhurt and didn't get shot.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by thinmyster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crazy! I honestly thought this was going to be some long winded car/wife joke.

Where do you guys keep your bats? This is something I should look into. Anyone else home at the time?
    I lean my bat up against the doorframe on the inside of my bedroom door so that I always know where it is and I can grab it without even having to think about it.

No one else was home at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Man this is a really crazy situation, glad to hear you made it out unhurt and didn't get shot.
    Yeah, for about 1/4 of a second I thought I was definitely going to die.

Thank you for your condolences.

The emails from neighbours about attempted break-ins and thefts are flooding in now that the RCMP canvassed the neighbourhood yesterday and today.

This is becoming a real serious problem.
    Last edited by CMW403; 06-02-2018 at 02:09 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Genuinely curious here, and I'm not judging or saying ANYTHING about gun control BS or trying to derail the thread, but

If you had a gun, would you have fired at them?

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I wish we had castle doctrine

My Ride
    Pushbroom

That’s some awful luck! I hate having to shit as soon as I get out of the shower

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Genuinely curious here, and I'm not judging or saying ANYTHING about gun control BS or trying to derail the thread, but

If he did, he would prob be in more trouble than the perps

Glad to year you're ok though!
    Last edited by DonJuan; 06-03-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    something green

Name:  pulp.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  24.4 KB
    Am I the only one that had that PF scene in mind while reading that?
    Thats freaking scary that they are B&E'ing armed though.. OP, was the house locked up, or did they gain entry though an open door?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Lease

Nice work recongizing the Glock G17 Gen4 to the details...

My worse phobia came true to someone then, pooping or showering and having to throw down.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    That’s some awful luck! I hate having to shit as soon as I get out of the shower
    You always have the options of doing these:

Anyway I'll keep an eye out for the Beige Matrix with BNJ plate.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    You always have the options of doing these:
    I feel like those aren't your only options...
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I feel like those aren't your only options...
    Which ones have you done?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I prefer to get out my shit before stepping into the shower. But I've also stepped out and shit and then stepped back in. Not ideal, because it's weird being dripping wet on the toilet, but it's an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by tcon View Post
    I wish we had castle doctrine
    If the OP took a shot gun to these guys and killed them with the G17 in their hands, there would have been no questions asked.

I thought we covered this in the Castle thread from a while back already. Deadly force can be met with deadly force in Canada.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post

This is something I have been thinking about pretty much non-stop since it happened.

Going back to when I was running as fast as I could with my eyes on them right in front of me as they reversed out of the driveway, starting to feel like they were going to get away with breaking into my house and putting a gun on me, I won't lie but in that moment there was definitely a part of me that wished my useless Louisville slugger was a Mossberg 500 and a tube full of slugs.

But when I think back on that now, I would be sitting in lock-up, two guys that were going to lose their lives at some point anyway would be hurt real badly or in the cooler, and my life would ultimately be ruined.

I will argue that I would have definitely tried to use the shot-gun to disable the vehicle before I ever aimed at any flesh. I would have tried my absolute best to disable the vehicle and give them the chance to disarm themselves until the police arrived that's for sure. That sounds easy, but if the second guy had a shotgun in his hand like I think he did, I could have had slugs coming back out the windshield at me too right. A part of me thinks that if I had brandished anything more serious then a base-ball bat I could have been shot immediately. The driver could never have hit me he was looking backwards but the passenger and I had a solid 6-8 seconds of face time while I ran down the driveway after them.

At the end of the day I am glad I had my base-ball bat and not a firearm. It is a good thing I decided to grab the bat, even though I wish I had exited the house differently because I could have got a couple really bad shots in on one or both of the males had they stayed with their decision not to pull any triggers. All I have thought about since it happened is what I could have done differently to have been able to disable one of them while keeping myself safe and within the law. Im starting to obsess over it and my girlfriend is calling psychiatrists.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I can say with pretty close to absolute certainty that someone breaks into my house while my family or I am home, and I will grab the frist available thing to me and given any chance I will beat the ever loving shit out of them with whatever it is. I don't own a gun, but if I did, if it was available, I wouldn't even think twice and would be unloading on them. Would it impact me, maybe a bit, but not to the extent I think you are being affected by it. The way I look at it, THEY made the decision to come in to MY house and therefore accept any possible outcome, including forefitting their life. I have already made the decision in my head, and I am comfortable with it, that I am fully prepared to take a life or lose mine in defending my family, and I am at peace with it.

Mind you, I have been the victim of a B&E twice now, and both times I have caught the person in the act, so I already know where my mindset is and how I will react, and the first time I will say that I had a similar mental gut check like you are now.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I can say with pretty close to absolute certainty that someone breaks into my house while my family or I am home, and I will grab the frist available thing to me and given any chance I will beat the ever loving shit out of them with whatever it is. I don't own a gun, but if I did, if it was available, I wouldn't even think twice and would be unloading on them. Would it impact me, maybe a bit, but not to the extent I think you are being affected by it. The way I look at it, THEY made the decision to come in to MY house and therefore accept any possible outcome, including forefitting their life. I have already made the decision in my head, and I am comfortable with it, that I am fully prepared to take a life or lose mine in defending my family, and I am at peace with it.

Mind you, I have been the victim of a B&E twice now, and both times I have caught the person in the act, so I already know where my mindset is and how I will react, and the first time I will say that I had a similar mental gut check like you are now.
    I can't be on here saying things like that though man I have been in much worse situations than this as a young adult and I know how far I need to take things by a mans reactions, this guy saw me and wanted nothing to do with me. They had cased the whole outside of the house while I was in the shower in the basement getting out of a bedroom with all the blinds closed and a washroom completely out of sight. These were meth addicts that were interested in a crime of opportunity, they definitely believed the house was empty, I don't believe their intention was to hurt anyone in the process but at the same time I don't doubt that they would in a second had I challenged them with a weapon. I also know that had I grabbed a high caliber semi automatic weapon I had the time and opportunity to end all three of their lives while they were still on my property and kept the public safe in terms of my angle of fire at the same time. Trust me spikerS, this could have been the outcome, but as soon as I knew that all three wanted to leave that fast, I knew that I had to scare the shit out of them just in case one of them second guessed the first guys decision and wanted to turn around and put a bullet in me.

These guys could have easily gotten over on me if they decided to, so I took any and all action to get them out of there are fast as I could. They knew I was the only one home, and they came in the direction of a large burglar safe I have so I assume they had seen that through the window at some point.

This is an active case I don't want any misconception from any and all statements made by me or anyone representing me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

oh, don't take anything that I said as a slight at you. I think I did a pretty piss poor attempt to relate to you, and show that the mental steps you are going though are normal, at least to me, as I have been in a very similar situation. Mind you, in my 2 events, it was 1 v 1 where you were 3 v 1.

It would probably be a good idea to talk to a shrink, if nothing else than for a mental health checkup. There is a program through the police, victims of crime or something that can put you in touch with a psych that deals with this kind of situation on the norm and would probably be your best bet.

I also want to make clear that I am not disagreeing with your choices. At the end of the day, you and yours are safe. That alone says you did everything right.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast