Quantcast
New AB drivers license design. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New AB drivers license design.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Am I alone in thinking the proposed new design is ugly as sin? Why the yellow, to represent the prairies?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    2009 apparently.

Hopefully these are out in November when I need to renew mine.

Yeah, much longer than I thought haha....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    i just took a pic with my phone, its always been good enough, one time one lady said they need the actual card *next time*, i have been back to that clinic several times since with my photo and its been fine.
    I don't even know where my AHS card is. I have the number memorized and I've never been asked to prove that with a card...

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    DL gets renewed every 5 years, yes. Not sure why that makes it less capable for AHS integration (see: other provinces that integrate them with 5-yr DLs)

Alberta ID is for everyone, not just drivers. The province is more than happy to issue you with a photo ID, just without the driving endorsement. The provincial ID system is already in place, so no cost concerns there.
    I think at the end of the day, it's just a matter of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. The topic of moving away from a paper health care card was brought up again earlier in the year but was brushed off as being too expensive to implement at the moment, but they could have totally piggybacked onto the deployment of these new cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    I don't even know where my AHS card is. I have the number memorized and I've never been asked to prove that with a card...
    Yeah I had an accident a couple weeks ago and I don't even carry my AHS card or have my number memorized, but I do have that information uploaded on my website so I was able to retrieve it pretty easily which was more than enough for EMS. Clearly I didn't have a concussion if I was able to pull up the address and enter the password hahaha

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    BC doesn't fully integrate them

I was given two ID's....one is a drivers licence, the other is a service card. They look identical to each-other, so much so that I often grab my service card instead of my DL when go to drive somewhere.

I think you have the option to have separate cards or not - my health card is on the back of my driver's license.
    I like things with wheels.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Am I alone in thinking the proposed new design is ugly as sin? Why the yellow, to represent the prairies?
    Completely agree, the current cards are A+, the new ones look like embarrassing pieces of garbage. Change for the sake of change, hurray!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Change for the sake of change, hurray!
    They’re changing it because it’s more secure. You know, because the current one is so easy to fake.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by reiRei View Post
    I think you have the option to have separate cards or not - my health card is on the back of my driver's license.
    I'm assuming then these are printed at the registries and not this ridiculous practise of having people drive around with a paper license for weeks while they mail one from a central facility for "security" reasons.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Excited for the tin like sound it makes when dropped on a hard surface.

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

When I lived in Vancouver my first licence and Health card was separate, because I had just moved there. I also was only allowed to have a 2 year licence. When I renewed I had the option of getting them integrated, and got a 5 year card. So much better having one card instead of a card and a piece of paper that you aren't even allowed to laminate. I took a picture of mine and had it on my phone, so that when it gets beat up in my wallet I could still show them a picture of what It looked like at the beginning.

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    I'm assuming then these are printed at the registries and not this ridiculous practise of having people drive around with a paper license for weeks while they mail one from a central facility for "security" reasons.
    Sadly, no.. I still had to cram a stupid yellow piece of paper in my wallet for a couple weeks before I got the new licence.

I will however get to re-experience the joy of having a paper health care card (wtf alberta) in a few weeks when I move back.

Quote Originally Posted by 300havoc View Post
    When I lived in Vancouver my first licence and Health card was separate, because I had just moved there. I also was only allowed to have a 2 year licence. When I renewed I had the option of getting them integrated, and got a 5 year card. So much better having one card instead of a card and a piece of paper that you aren't even allowed to laminate. I took a picture of mine and had it on my phone, so that when it gets beat up in my wallet I could still show them a picture of what It looked like at the beginning.
    I really like how convenient it is to have the cards combined, it just sucks when you get ID'ed because that card only counts as one card - so you're digging for another piece of ID

I really like how convenient it is to have the cards combined, it just sucks when you get ID'ed because that card only counts as one card - so you're digging for another piece of ID
    do you get asked for a second piece of ID often? i can't remember the last time i had to show 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Are they circulating right now? I have to renew end of this month, I'd like a new one, they're fun lol
    They are. My brother renewed a few weeks back and was surprised when he received a completely different design. At that time, i do not think it was even public knowledge. Pretty cool in person, but at the end of the day it is just a drivers license.

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    do you get asked for a second piece of ID often? i can't remember the last time i had to show 2 pieces
    I do, I think it's just policy of govt. liquor stores - I honestly don't think I pass for a 20 year old, but they usually ask me for 2 pieces of ID when I buy liquor

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

I do, I think it's just policy of govt. liquor stores - I honestly don't think I pass for a 20 year old, but they usually ask me for 2 pieces of ID when I buy liquor
    I always got hit with 2 pieces at the weirdest times. A dive pub in Halifax wanted to pieces, so I showed them my Visa and it was ok. I was at a bar bowling in Vancouver and I was asked for a second piece of ID. Didn't have my credit card, but had an expired AB license. Used that as my second piece, along with my BC license. Everyone at the table was laughing because they couldn't believe the guy accepted it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2