Quantcast
Infiniti G37XS Sedan vs G37XS Coupe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Infiniti G37XS Sedan vs G37XS Coupe

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Default Infiniti G37XS Sedan vs G37XS Coupe

Hey guys, do you know what comes with the sport package on an Infiniti G37XS sedan compared to the coupe? I've been debating about purchasing between the two but I'm having a bit of trouble getting an answer even with forum searches etc.

I'm aware that the most obvious difference is that the Sedan sport package won't come with the Akebono brakes. I can live without them, I'll retrofit those in the future if I really want them.

I wasn't sure if the other goodies like sports suspension and LSD were removed in the sedan sport model.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Calling @NissanFanBoy

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Join the Infiniti Q50/Q60 FB group and you'll find your answer
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

I actually don't know, I've only owned an 09 G37x non S sedan and currently a non S G37x coupe...

Great choice though! You won't regret it! Other than the ridiculous fender gap... if you're on a budget I just D2 coilovers on mine and they feel great and super easy install! $1400 shipped... not too many options for us X guys..

Also, the 7 speed auto is a bit better than a normal auto but it still sucks... slow shifts and in normal mode still feels like a slush box but was very handy in the winter being able to select gears..

I have the xs sedan and it does not have the sport suspension like the xs coupe. Pretty sure it does not have LSD either. So main differences are wheels, bbk, suspension. But it's supposedly lighter than the coupe.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Ah bummer, that means the sport package in a G37XS Sedan is mainly aesthetic other than the paddle shifters. Would it even count as having sports seats?

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/i-thi...upe-1759111518

The rwd G37S coupe and sedan get a body kit, 19" wheels, big brakes, sport seats, paddle shifters, sport suspension, quicker steering ratio, and rear LSD. The G37xS coupe loses the quicker steering ratio but is otherwise the same, plus awd. But compared to the G37xS coupe, the G37xS sedan loses the brakes, suspension, and LSD. Booo.
    I test drove a 2011 G37XS Sedan tonight and the steering/handling was good enough for me. Ride was smooth. Too bad about the LSD but I suppose I can live without that as well.

It sucks to have to give up tighter steering, sports suspension, BBK, and an LSD just to have 4 doors haha.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 06-06-2018 at 07:45 PM.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

I actually prefer the look of the sedan... they look great modified too... biggest gripe is that the back seats don't fold down. They do in the coupe.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually prefer the look of the sedan... they look great modified too... biggest gripe is that the back seats don't fold down. They do in the coupe.
    Despite the rear seats not folding down you CAN still fit a 6 foot ladder in the car. You just can't have any passengers or close the front passenger window.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

They’re both completely different cars. Do you want a sedan or a coupe?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Heya, I'm aware that they're completely different cars and I'm open to buying either.

I just needed to know what features I was giving up by going to a sedan or a coupe because the sport package on both models is not equivalent in addition to the regular model differences.

Update: as per dj_rice's suggestion, I joined the G35/G37 FB group instead and got an answer.

The short of it is that none of the XS models have LSD or even sports suspension. Only the RWD Sport has those, including tighter steering.

/mantears
    Last edited by rx7boi; 06-07-2018 at 09:34 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Why not just get a RWD sport? I had one of those (sedan), and it was great, albeit kinda slow. With the LSD, it was a lot of fun to drive. Easy, predictable oversteer - great handling car and decent options. They depreciate like crazy, so for the price you can't really beat it. I believe the steering rack leaking is a reasonably common problem, so that's something to keep an eye out for.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I used to have a Genesis Coupe so I'd like to make the jump to an AWD for the winter convenience which has become a priority for me. I was hopeful that the XS sedan would have at least some of the bells and whistles haha.

Perhaps not all RWD is created equal and the RWD G37S would handle better than the Gen coupe anyway.

I had been on the lookout for the Q50S for a while as well but they're pricier than the G37 for sure.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    I used to have a Genesis Coupe so I'd like to make the jump to an AWD for the winter convenience which has become a priority for me. I was hopeful that the XS sedan would have at least some of the bells and whistles haha.

Perhaps not all RWD is created equal and the RWD G37S would handle better than the Gen coupe anyway.

I had been on the lookout for the Q50S for a while as well but they're pricier than the G37 for sure.
    I went Genesis Coupe to G37X sedan. Winter is amazing and I'd never go back to RWD if it was my daily through winter. The handling of the AWD sedan can be improved quite a bit with larger sway bars. With the depreciation of these you get a ton of car for the money and it makes a great DD.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

This isn't just the fan boy talking, Nissan makes one of the best AWD systems out there... also, fun tidbit of info, the ones put in the G are the same as the one in the GTR.

Not only that, reliability is miles ahead of any of its direct competitors, good luck with a 335xi or S4...

My Ride
    Silverado

This isn't just the fan boy talking, Nissan makes one of the best AWD systems out there... also, fun tidbit of info, the ones put in the G are the same as the one in the GTR.

Not only that, reliability is miles ahead of any of its direct competitors, good luck with a 335xi or S4...
    Quoted for hilarity

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Isn't it just a Haldex style in that it's RWD all the time unless it detects slippage and then sends power to the front wheels? That's nothing very groundbreaking and there's no torque vectoring differentials like the GTR.

My Ride
    Silverado

I wonder if this is for the GT-R or the G37?

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Ya ya I was wrong but not about everything else ...I have no interest in the GTR, never actually looked at it closely, and could never afford it and it doesn't come in manual

My Ride
    G37X

He's not totally wrong. They both use the ATTESA E-TS AWD systems, but the GTR one is a much upgraded version.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Isn't it just a Haldex style in that it's RWD all the time unless it detects slippage and then sends power to the front wheels? That's nothing very groundbreaking and there's no torque vectoring differentials like the GTR.
    It's 25/75 F/R up to 20 km/h, then fully RWD until it slips then sends power back up front. Snow mode locks it to 50/50 up to 20 km/h and reduces throttle response. Definitely nothing groundbreaking, but it works great for getting around in winter.