Quantcast
Cra fraud uncovered thanks to a dog?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Cra fraud uncovered thanks to a dog??

Default Cra fraud uncovered thanks to a dog??

When Louis Côté became suspicious about a lab that tests DNA ancestry for a self-proclaimed Indigenous group, he sent a sample from his dog. He was told his chihuahua had Abenaki and Mohawk ancestry.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...-ancestry-test

Crazy story on a massive scale... have to read it to believe it.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Louis Côté became suspicious about a lab that tests DNA ancestry for a self-proclaimed Indigenous group, he sent a sample from his dog. He was told his chihuahua had Abenaki and Mohawk ancestry.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/long...-ancestry-test

Crazy story on a massive scale... have to read it to believe it.
    That should be a 1 hour documentary ..... nothing too surprising unfortunately though.

It's fraud on a massive scale supported by a company responsible for testing dna who doesn't know the difference between a dog and a human.

Govt seems to be sitting on the side lines not doing a whole lot....

Guess I was a bit more surprised by it all.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Pretty sure all the dog DNAs are a scam as well, but wasn’t gonna spend another $100 for some QA QC by submitting it a second or third time. My dog is 60 lbs and looks like a lab and DNA came back as like 80% corgi

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The National did a story on this a few days ago. So crazy with that particular DNA testing company but they tried another and definitely seemed more inline with their actual heritage. Canada doesn't recognize these DNA tests as proof of status.

The "Indigenous group" is around 50,000 members and not at all Indigenous. They make "member cards" that is a rip-off as status cards, which people have then used to trick stores into not charging them tax. Their leader is delusional and thinks he's covered by the Constitution, which given how the government has done nothing, I almost think he's right. The government says they don't recognize them as a true First Nations group but won't go after them is a wtf moment for me.
    Last edited by msommers; 06-15-2018 at 07:24 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    which given how the government has done nothing, I almost think he's right, despite the government saying they don't recognize them as a true First Nations group.
    Or you know, any time anyone focuses any negative attention on any First Nations issues, they scream racism.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Well interestingly it was an Aboriginal group who pointed them to the government a couple years ago since these people are in no way actually FN. But the various members dress as if they are and think the constitution (whatever section he cited) will back them. It's all a bit of a shitshow
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Well interestingly it was an Aboriginal group who pointed them to the government a couple years ago since these people are in no way actually FN. But the various members dress as if they are and think the constitution (whatever section he cited) will back them. It's all a bit of a shitshow
    Are you sure this Faux Nation group didn't also get the blanket racism card the real First Nations people get?

It is a bit of a shit show. They are taking anyone in as members after they use a companies dna testing procedures to show their indigenous. This DNA company cant tell a dog from a human. The results are also different then real DNA testing companies.

Out east there are a few larger organizations claiming to represent first nations that were created for the purpose of tax savings or hunting and fishing rights.

This group in the article knows they aren't recognized by the govt yet they tell their "members" to lie and cheat the govt like they have legitimate rights.

There are other large groups in Newfoundland that claim metis status/Indian status through ancestry. They are also a large group of 20,000+. The vast majority use one lady from the 1750's as proof that they have one person in the family who was indigenous. This lady apparently had thousands of kids..

There's a lot of odd ball groups doing this because the govt doesnt want to do anything to stop it.

My Ride
    Ford F150

How the fuck is this even legal.

Anyone looking for a get rich quick scheme, there it is.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Silverado

Maybe we should just get rid of status?

Natives are just Russians that crossed the land bridge 15,000 years ago. DNA does not change *that* much in such a relatively short evolutionary period.

The only inconclusive test you might be able to do is higher susceptibility to diabetes than their Russian ancestors, but it would be far from conclusive. That and penis size, but that's another story.

Its not like the difference between Africa and Europe. Could a Russian pass with similar genes? Probably.

How many generations does it take to be considered a different race? If Christoper Columbus was royalty, would 500 years of being away be enough for him to be considered not of European lineage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indige...les_of_Siberia Can you tell the difference between a native Siberian and a Native American just by looking? I didn't think so.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-15-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Remember, Liberal governments believe in equality... except when they can give others more rights and allow them to be "more equal" by giving them more benefits that aren't available to us whitey plebs. But its not racism then.

BTW: I believe this story to be a copycat of another event.

Someone jokingly sent in an animal DNA sample of a well known white supremacist. It came back - perhaps unsurprisingly - as a person with "near perfect white genes".

As with all things even science, they are businesses. And you will get more business if you tell people what they want to hear and not what they want to know.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mark...food-1.3993967
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-15-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    *insert “That’s Racist” gif here*
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.