Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't fathom just drinking water from wake-up at 5:30am to 5pm. My god lol. And then eat basically 2 meals, one at 5 and another say 7/8?
    Coffee coffee coffee... I also am doing a 6 pm to 10 am and it seems pretty easy so far. Up at 5:30 every day

Couple questions for you guys that have had success with intermittent fasting:

1) How many calories are you guys eating? Im having troubles hitting my macros in the 8 hr window. I was eating ~ 3200 calories before i started intermittent fasting this week
    2) Black coffee so it doesnt count as " eating" (i.e- calories from sugar, cream..) or is it just a wash?

Dr Patrick said that black coffee breaks your fast. It activates enzymes in your stomach that just drinking strictly water does not.

Recommend watching it all, but look at 12:20 specifically for the bit on coffee. (I know she has been posted already, but this is where i knew exactly where she said it)

Last edited by beyond_ban; 01-23-2019 at 11:58 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

She has another interview on the zero app, coffee doesn’t break the fast... but it does start your circadian clock

Also... fuck this app. Since downloading it I can’t help but try and hit a high score

Name:  1EF9819E-131D-49A6-80D5-890230F3DFFD.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  26.2 KB

My Ride
    V167

What app is that? Lol, that will totally work for me. I'm all for high scores too.

That’s funny, I tried beating my previous fasts too!

It’s called Zero and I like how simple it is. I’m inching my way to doing 17/7.

Attachment 84724

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Depends on what your eating when you do get hungry and what you eat for the rest of the day.

I'm on a warrior type diet, where I don't typically eat until 5pm. But from 5pm - 11pm I'll crush a ton of food. I can lose about 5lbs/week with this diet + exercise at 5'10" and 198lbs (on heavier side right now). Target is 175lbs in 4 weeks and being shredded. I'll update how it goes.
    One week in, down 5lbs and should be on target to hit 175lbs in 3 weeks. Maintaining the 6 hour window with no problems. I do cheat with coffee in the AM as I add cream and sugar. 6/7 days in the gym which equated to about 4 hours of cardio and 8 hours of weight training.

My Ride
    NC1

Post before and after pics. To help others with motivation or to simply show off lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Post before and after pics. To help others with motivation or to simply show off lol
    And make sure the towel bar is clearly visible?

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I would post pics, but you all would be like "eeewwwww"! Lol! Losing weight and feeling better, but shit sure ain't pretty!

Just checking in and reporting on my continued journey with IF...

So since my last report back in early Jan I have been sticking with my noon until 8:00pm eating schedule quote strictly other than maybe a couple nights when entertaining or playing cards etc where I might have had a few drinks and a bit of snacking after those times. I also have settled into eating just a little bit more loosely where I am slowly tapering back into my diet a few things here and there that are a little less strict, but still better options than I would have eaten previously. Those are things like the odd once in a while using a whole wheat flour made wrap rather than eating the ingredients only as a salad, or having a burger when taking my kid out for lunch, but having salad rather than fries and water for a drink. I have been using a rue of not more than 3 cheat meals like this in a week and when I do, eat super clean for a couple days after.

It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!

There is no doubt though that my weight loss has slowed up, but I am still losing. This morning I climbed on the scale and am super happy to report that I am down to 242lbs, which is an 80lb drop since starting! I am really feeling great! Thanks for letting me brag a bit... I really helps feeling like I would be not only letting myself down if I was to fail, but that I would also have to answer to others. It does help keep me on track, although it is getting easier and easier every month as I am seeing more and more success.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

So since my last report back in early Jan I have been sticking with my noon until 8:00pm eating schedule quote strictly other than maybe a couple nights when entertaining or playing cards etc where I might have had a few drinks and a bit of snacking after those times. I also have settled into eating just a little bit more loosely where I am slowly tapering back into my diet a few things here and there that are a little less strict, but still better options than I would have eaten previously. Those are things like the odd once in a while using a whole wheat flour made wrap rather than eating the ingredients only as a salad, or having a burger when taking my kid out for lunch, but having salad rather than fries and water for a drink. I have been using a rue of not more than 3 cheat meals like this in a week and when I do, eat super clean for a couple days after.

It is really funny now. While I used to crave junk foods etc on a regular basis, now when I crave it is for things like veggies and hummus or soup and salad. Especially after a cheat meal. It never fails that shortly after my body starts wanting super clean and fresh foods. That is some serious progress imho!

There is no doubt though that my weight loss has slowed up, but I am still losing. This morning I climbed on the scale and am super happy to report that I am down to 242lbs, which is an 80lb drop since starting! I am really feeling great! Thanks for letting me brag a bit... I really helps feeling like I would be not only letting myself down if I was to fail, but that I would also have to answer to others. It does help keep me on track, although it is getting easier and easier every month as I am seeing more and more success.
    Atta boy. When you finally quote me on winter tires and I visit you in the shop, I'm looking forward to chating more about it

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Well done, you're lighter than me now by a pound!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TypeR

This is usually the hardest and honestly the best part about what you are doing because once it becomes a lifestyle the results stay consistent. Keep up the awesome work!
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Has anyone here tried doing a morning window (8am to 3pm) like the article mentions?

I did IF last spring/summer for 3 months pretty religiously. Calories tracked the entire time. No other changes in lifestyle. Saw nearly no results. Felt the same.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Has anyone here tried doing a morning window (8am to 3pm) like the article mentions?

I did IF last spring/summer for 3 months pretty religiously. Calories tracked the entire time. No other changes in lifestyle. Saw nearly no results. Felt the same.
    I had similar results. I was already calorie tracking, and lost via that method. I tried to incorporate IF, and did it for ~3 months, and saw zero results. No increased fat loss, no blasting through plateaus or anything. I'd just eat a fuck ton of food as soon as my window started.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I had similar results. I was already calorie tracking, and lost via that method. I tried to incorporate IF, and did it for ~3 months, and saw zero results. No increased fat loss, no blasting through plateaus or anything. I'd just eat a fuck ton of food as soon as my window started.
    Pretty much. And then as the window closes, cram in more calories because that's still technically IF

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to me. I know I don't sleep well on a full stomach, so I need to be done eating three hours before I go to bed.
    If I was sticking to a plan, it would be something like 10am to 6pm eating window. A meal on each end, so I'm not snacking.

When I stick to that, I do well, and I still get to eat supper with my family, which is a bonus.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 03-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to me. I know I don't sleep well on a full stomach, so I need to be done eating three hours before I go to bed.
    If I was sticking to a plan, it would be something like 10am to 6pm eating window. A meal on each end, so I'm not snacking.

When I stick to that, I do well, and I still get to eat supper with my family, which is a bonus.
    If I lived in town I would be doing 10:00am to 6:00pm as well. I too dislike going to bed full at all. I do noon until 8:00pm though because I often don't get to leave work until 6:00pm and I have a 50 to 60 minute drive home so getting home between 6:00pm and 7:00pm means I don't have to rush through a meal and I still have some time to digest before bed.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast