Quantcast
Intermittent fasting - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I started IF about 8 weeks ago. Down 8lbs. I work out at 6am and have stopped protein. I haven't noticed any difference in muscle mass to be honest. Protein right after doesn't seem to be a differentiator for me. I am not building, just maintaining. My waist is down over an inch of flabby fat though.

My Ride
    rally pig

^nice, congrats!

Still doing IF most of the time but don't follow it religiously anymore, my eating window varies from 6-8 hours with first meal usually after 9:30am.
    I just eat whatever I want and IF helps me maintain my dad bod haha.
    my weight is around 184lbs, I should aim for under 180lbs which I will start after stampede is done.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It would be good if I could type english sometimes. haha.

I basically don't eat until 11am. 12, if I have a meeting from 11-12. Shutdown eating before 7pm depending on when I can start dinner. Today, I finished eating at 6:15pm, probably won't eat until noon tomorrow looking at my calendar.

I'm back below 170 and was nearly 180 when I started. Weight always depends on how big of a shit I take. haha

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think I'm going to get back to this now I'm back to work. Will be waaaay too easy to overeat with downtown lunches if I don't watch myself.

I've been on 16/8 for 2 weeks now. Down 10lbs, fairly minimal effort. I typically finish eating by 7pm, and so I'm just skipping the night time fruit/snacks, and breakfast/mid morning snack.. black espresso in the mornings, and water until lunch time. I eat how I would normally eat.
    Yesterday was a carb heavy day (pizza for lunch, pasta for dinner) and still lost 1lb this morning.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by me_dennis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been on 16/8 for 2 weeks now. Down 10lbs, fairly minimal effort. I typically finish eating by 7pm, and so I'm just skipping the night time fruit/snacks, and breakfast/mid morning snack.. black espresso in the mornings, and water until lunch time. I eat how I would normally eat.
    Yesterday was a carb heavy day (pizza for lunch, pasta for dinner) and still lost 1lb this morning.
    Nice. I'm fully convinced this is the easiest weight loss method for most of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by me_dennis View Post
    Don't confuse water weight/normal fluctuation with weight loss. You were not down 1lb after stuffing your face full of carbs.

I recently moved my eating window from 2:30 - 10:30 since I tend to like to smoke pot around 8 and then scrounge for shit to eat. Sigh...

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I'm on 10 months now, kinda all over the place with normal eating on weekends, 16:8 or OMAD on the weekends. I've been at ~180 (179-181, about -20lbs from start) for 8 months. Even with 10 days camping, eating chips, hotdogs and not fasting at all, I've resettled at 183 for the last couple weeks but really impressed by it. I'll probably go hard in September on my OMAD during the week to get to the low 170's as a final hurrah. Probably take me till Christmas to do it. So that will be -30lbs in 14 months and -45lbs from my absolute heaviest.
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    I'm on 10 months now, kinda all over the place with normal eating on weekends, 16:8 or OMAD on the weekends. I've been at ~180 (179-181, about -20lbs from start) for 8 months. Even with 10 days camping, eating chips, hotdogs and not fasting at all, I've resettled at 183 for the last couple weeks but really impressed by it. I'll probably go hard in September on my OMAD during the week to get to the low 170's as a final hurrah. Probably take me till Christmas to do it. So that will be -30lbs in 14 months and -45lbs from my absolute heaviest.
    Awesome man! I am kind of in the same boat right now. I have not been as dedicated with my food choices through the summer. Not bad really... Just not as good. Eating pretty clean during the week for the most part other than the evenings I have something going on after work and have to eat in a restaurant, and on the weekends eating things with more carbs frequently etc, but sticking to my 16/8 schedule. I have been hovering between 232 to 236 the entire summer long so nice and stable. Come the busy season I am going to get back onto the rigid diet control and try and get down another 15/25 pounds and I think I will be happy at that.

I am definitely a fan of the IF!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For those who have done OMAD, how do you find your energy levels? I was really worried about that with 17/7, but it's been fine.

I feel like I'd meet all my goals with 17/7 anyway, but always like to hear experiences.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 08-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

If you ease into it i don't find it too bad. Last hour sucks though so I have to remind myself of that.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have been finding that my energy early in the day before I eat is fine, but later in the day when my eating window has closed, I have really strong snack cravings, which I'd say for me are much more psychological than physical. Not sure if it's a trend, but after my evening meal, which is the big one of the day, I'm quite low energy. I've always been a morning person so maybe that "energy pattern" is just a little more extreme when doing the IF regime.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    For those who have done OMAD, how do you find your energy levels? I was really worried about that with 17/7, but it's been fine.

I feel like I'd meet all my goals with 17/7 anyway, but always like to hear experiences.
    OMAD once a week.

Coffee is your friend.

Lots and lots of black java.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Oh, this thread has reminded me I should probably eat

At 19.5hr... had one coffee at like 11am, banged out 18kms of trails with 235m of climbing on the mountain bike too fully fasted

Those of you with snack cravings, I suggest watermelon. It made a big difference for me because I am such a snacker, especially into the evening. It's hydrating, very filling (so you stop snacking), tastes delicious, extremely low calorie and is healthy. I am not sure if that violates the fasting rules, but I am easily saving 500-1000 calories/day by snacking on that instead of everything else. I go buy a watermelon, cut it up into cubes and throw it in a huge Rubbermaid container in the fridge - any time I feel like grabbing a bag of chips or something I get out the watermelon haha.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Just eat healthy and exercise daily.

Your body will tell you when it’s hungry.

Don’t consume heavily processed foods and stay way from sugar.

You will lose fat in no time.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post

Fuck that, life is too short not to enjoy all the food. 6’ 1”, 185lbs with good muscle definition and zero guilt eating whatever the hell I want at age 31

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post

I'm glad you dropped by to tell people who are having success with a particular method that you suggest a different method. Very helpful, A+

My Ride
    Axis powers

I’ve recently been experimenting with carnivore/zero carb eating, definitely makes fasting a hell of a lot easier
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Fuck that, life is too short not to enjoy all the food. 6’ 1”, 185lbs with good muscle definition and zero guilt eating whatever the hell I want at age 31
    Well that is how I live as well haha.

Just responding to an over weight person who wants to lose weight.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast